Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
The Ultimate Teaching
    #3661759 - 01/22/05 01:46 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

For the next month (or the rest of your life) you are to notice all of the advice that you give to others and realize that you (and I) are just talking to and guiding ourselves.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
Re: The Ultimate Teaching [Re: Swami]
    #3661771 - 01/22/05 01:55 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

then why do you come on here and tell everybody what is the "truth"?

when you already know that you are talking to yourself and guiding yourself?

and if it really was the truth then you wouldn't really need to have it comfirmed?

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: The Ultimate Teaching [Re: spudamore]
    #3661778 - 01/22/05 01:58 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

What truth have I told you spudz (not including this one)?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
    #3661784 - 01/22/05 02:01 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

none including this one.

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3661947 - 01/22/05 04:08 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hopefully you have already integrated in your own life what you are trying to communicate to others through advices.

Are you saying that to give an advice is just to reinforce your own position in life? Is it just a way to remind ourselves where we want to be heading?

Are you totally discrediting the fact that to give an advice to someone is first of all a way to guide/ help that someone out, and not yourself?

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3662040 - 01/22/05 06:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

this is really quite mystical
a rich twist on the norm
nice!

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3662046 - 01/22/05 06:25 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

this is true, i wrote lots of text. that i deleted.

recently i found, that all i type is typed, so to notice.
a good way to teacher is 'geting' other to teach what you thought :P
a good way to learn is repeating. what you learn, by teaching it.

this forum is our class room, and we are our students as teachers. :wink:
-guided, guides-

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (01/22/05 06:27 AM)

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3662378 - 01/22/05 10:51 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

here's a way to look at it as ultimately I think offering to help others to help themselves as you have learned to speeds up evolution, prosperity in every sense of the word, and equality on this planet quicker than anything else can that i can think of.

Say you see some 8 year old running around the park in his sneakers with the laces all loose and untied. He's tripping and running awkwardly and has blisters on his heals.

You see him stop now and again to fumble with the laces and give up in frustration. Do you go to him and say, ya know, you would feel more comfortable in those shoes, and run better, not trip and stumble or have those blisters if you let me show you how to tie them, said in a gentle soft voice with a smile.

He may have had bad experiences in the past and shun your offer or he may say, "will you please, that would be great" and off he goes better off then he was before you came along.

Some people might see him and call him stupid for not knowing how to tie his shoes at age 8. Some may just make fun of him, foibling and stumbling around. Some may not give a damn at all they have their own problems to deal with.

Which type of person would you rather see the world filled with or share the world with? The ones who call you stupid for not knowing what they do? the ones who make fun of your foibles every time you stumble and fall? the ones who do not give a damn about you? or the ones who can help your day get on better by sharing what hey have learned?

If I love myself and am in a humble place, I am open to and prefer the later to have around. if I am all egoic, i may tell others to mind their own business and get no where. If I am feeling down on myself, i will have those downer ideas confirmed by those who make fun of me when I trip and fall. If I am doing my best and one calls me stupid i may give up on myself all together.

Of course, the teachers are useless if we are not open and humble to learn from them. I would still rather have them around then the others. It's nice to know they are out there when we get over ourselves.

Mostly I just like reading, watching and learning for myself. That is selfish. If i don't take moments to share it all, I'm living in a witholding state and out of balance with no energy flows of giving and receiving. And its true, when teaching, you yourself get better at what ever it is you are applying. The student may ask questions that can contribute to tweeking your methods or catch a flaw that through trouble shooting you can also perfect your own use of the methods. often, teaching just provides better clarity of your own understanding.

Like gomp said, it's a way of putting yourself out there to see what it looks like, what you have become through what you have learned. You yourself may see areas for improvement in the process.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: The Ultimate Teaching [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3662533 - 01/22/05 11:47 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Very True, Swami.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: The Ultimate Teaching [Re: Droz]
    #3662558 - 01/22/05 11:53 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Spudamore that is what I call ignorance. If you are not searching for truth in his words then you are merely becoming ignorant.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
    #3663201 - 01/22/05 03:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

WOOHOO that was your thousandth post!!! your prize is in the mail!!!

sorry.

but swami is right, if you think about it, how many times do you give somebody advice and say to yourself, "now if only i could follow my own advice", i do it all the time.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
    #3663330 - 01/22/05 04:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Spudamore that is what I call ignorance. If you are not searching for truth in his words then you are merely becoming ignorant.

is it? please tell me what is truth then? does it come in words? and if so if it was the ultimate teaching and if swami listened to himself would he be here?

--------------------

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

#3663377 - 01/22/05 04:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

if you werent a dick would you be here. does somebody have an inferiority complex becuase they have no life????

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: The Ultimate Teaching [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3663387 - 01/22/05 04:20 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

if you werent a dick would you be here. does somebody have an inferiority complex becuase they have no life????

now now no need to use those words, remember no need for that in the s@p. inferiority complex? hardly, if you truely want to know anything maybe a true interaction of conversation is in order before you make a judgement.

--------------------

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

#3663392 - 01/22/05 04:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

no, i just felt like being a smartass, no offense, i didnt really meen any of that.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3664163 - 01/22/05 07:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I think you have let your personal opinion of people cloud your objective judgement. You also need some basic lessons in manners.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: The Ultimate Teaching [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3664247 - 01/22/05 07:51 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

personal opinion of people? what is my personal opinion? or what do you think it is?
basic lessons in manners? how do you know? do you even know me? just beacuse i post here does that mean my personality shines through these posts?

--------------------

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
    #3664270 - 01/22/05 07:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

A person can be deattached to giving advice doesn't mean that they are talking to themselves or guiding themselves. i can give a different perception on something doesn't mean that i am attached to that perception. or that i need to be guided by that perception.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3664272 - 01/22/05 07:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"just because i post here does that mean my personality shines through these posts?"

It certainly shone through in that last post. You seem to have issues involving anger. Good luck in resolving them friend.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: The Ultimate Teaching [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3664284 - 01/22/05 07:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

how do you know that was out of anger?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom