Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: J.S. Bach- 2 Part Invention #4 in Dm on guitar [Re: stefan]
    #3652602 - 01/20/05 07:42 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

indeed, as much as I've heard his stuff and for all the shit people talk about his work (me included), Far Beyond the Sun still makes me go "DAMN!!!!!!!" every time I hear it, hehe.  I think he should be required listening for any guitarist, just to hear a new (err not really new anymore, but you know what I mean) and different take on music.

he also has an album, "concerto suite" or something, with a bunch of original music along the lines of bach, vivaldi etc. played by an orchestra (the New Japan Philharmonic) with yngwie on guitar.  it's actually very well done, and the dude is obviously a talented composer along with being a great guitarist.

Quote:

so why does Yingwie Malmstein (sorry) play classical music on an electic guitar?

more semantic stuff :tongue:, according to interviews most of what he does is improvised (a very un-classical thing to do). he has done relatively few covers of actual classical music, compared to others.  him I would actually call neoclassical if I had to use the word.  but is an electric guitarist playing classical music, as written, 'neoclassical'?  I would say no, the instrument it's played on doesn't change the type of music being played.

yeah, michael angelo batio did no boundaries, I agree totally with what you said, Letto.  he has a few tracks with nice melodic parts, but the rest is just speed for the sake of speed it seems. 

DH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]