Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMANNALORD
Vagabond Ninjafor Hire
Loc: F- R
Trippy movie
    #356104 - 07/17/01 02:56 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Has anybody ever seen the movie Lost Highway by David Lynch? Its really fuckin creepy. I didnt see it when i was tripping but i think it would be awesome, rent it when u have some shrooms, eat the shrooms, get some beer, some popcorn, chips or whatever, sit on the couch, watch this movie with the lights off and the volume up. It will fuck with your head!

Shit dont happen till you step in it.

--------------------
Live and Die in FALL RIVER

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrimace
enthusiast
Loc: Oregon
Re: Trippy movie [Re: MANNALORD]
    #356149 - 07/17/01 05:33 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Is everyone else missing the point of this fungus or is it just me. I feel so alone. It really feels like so many people are off base with this substance. I want no affiliation with those that don't have this connected sense. If you feel different, pm me. I'm just in a different state.

Grimace

Grimace

"Is there anyway of knowing........which direction we are going?!! Yes!"
Mr. Wonka

--------------------
Mr. Wonka

OfflineComaToast
journeyman
Female

Loc: Alaska
    #357451 - 07/19/01 09:43 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Good movie to watch when you're reeeeeally really high, although I didn't see the whole thing cause I mentally died and passed out.

I do not regret the things I've done, but those I did not do.

--------------------
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams

OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
Re: Trippy movie [Re: Grimace]
    #358443 - 07/21/01 05:54 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, the point of psychedelics is to learn, connect spiritually, etc. I feel that is a more important point to make if the drug is mushrooms though.

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

InvisibleBaron
Brain Squeegee
Loc: FL
    #360033 - 07/24/01 12:25 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Just to get my trip started, I love watching "Luminous Visions" by the creators of the Mind's Eye series, with some Infected Mushroom playing in the background. There's always the standby of Fantasia during the trip, with maybe some Juno Reactor instead of classical. But for the most part, I dont watch TV or movies at all during my trip.

------------------------
We need a poetry contest to see how long the road is.

--------------------
Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed through a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, life is only a dream and we are the imaginations of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Loc: springfield
Re: Trippy movie [Re: KeepAskingTime]
    #361087 - 07/26/01 12:37 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

why? the 1st time they were used wasn't for religious purposes? People who give all this spirituallity crap are full of it. Maybe 1% of all mush users actually use it to reach a deeper level of understanding, i believe those individuals lack something since they require a drug to reach a spiritual understanding that most can obtain wih out it.

"Yes, the point of psychedelics is to learn, connect spiritually"

and you cannot do this without using psychodelic drugs why??

--------------------
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

Bertrand Russell

OfflineGrimace
enthusiast
Re: Trippy movie [Re: hubertd8]
    #362244 - 07/27/01 10:42 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

That's a big over statement! 1%?!!!!! That is so untrue. What do you call an entire civilization that have been using mushrooms and certain psychedelic brews for over 3,000 years? That is WAY more than 1%.
I can achieve spirituality, and did, without the use of psychedelic drugs. The feeling is always there and you always know it. But there is something about looking through a peep hole of illusion that oppresses parts of your mind. Through the chaos of psychdelic experience, a part of you is harnessed like never before, and you are able to trully leave your body and mind behind. What's left, is what many call the soul, or the "oneness" inside all and everything.

Grimace

Mr. Wonka

--------------------
Mr. Wonka

OfflineGrimace
enthusiast
    #362256 - 07/27/01 11:02 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Also, I don't think it's a question of experiencing spiritual tones, rather the level in which they are experienced. Psychedelics, if used in a proper way, can bring you farther than your static mind is able. Just a thought.

Grimace

Mr. Wonka

--------------------
Mr. Wonka

OfflineAbeZard
Loc: Charleston, SC
    #362885 - 07/29/01 08:44 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

We are all at different points on the path and what looks ahead may be behind . . .
Who can say that watching a trippy movie isn't a spiritual experience? Just a different type of expression, of losing a sense of self.
Abe

Abe Zaardvark
From historic coastal town in Southeast

--------------------
Abe Zaardvark
From historic coastal town in Southeast

Offlinesevendef
journeyman
Loc: Maine, USA
    #362964 - 07/29/01 11:14 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

yea.. whats wrong with movies?
people arent just dicking around and laughing at them like theyre drunk or something..
theyre getting inside the actor's heads, and the feel of the movie.. theyre getting insight on human nature.. or a version of it.. no matter what you do, your collecting knowledge and learning things, and how you react to them...

Ol Jim doesnt think so...

--------------------
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fuckin high on drugs.

OfflineSherlockDrubu
enthusiast
Re: Trippy movie [Re: sevendef]
    #362982 - 07/29/01 11:59 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Psychedelics provide a different POV, one that isn't clouded by societies laws and beliefs, they allow you to view yourself as a seperate being, one that isn't a part of society, so that you can get to know your true inner self, and not just the inner self that makes you happy.

Such a statement is part of Naturalism, where humans are to view themselves as human beasts, in order to understand the way we are a part of nature and how nature works with humans, and vice-versa.

OfflineShroomph

Re: Trippy movie [Re: SherlockDrubu]
    #363272 - 07/29/01 11:01 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

back to the subject... I haven't tripped yet, but hope to soon.
I think I'll switch over to Cartoon Network and watch some Looney Toons. Seems like it would be a very "laughable" experience

--------------------
Why, oh, why didn't I take the BLUE pill?
Join the fight against marijuana prohibition; join NORML

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
    #363573 - 07/30/01 12:51 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

So not everyone uses mushrooms in the way that you see as being the best or right way. Why don't you cry about it! Who cares how or why others are using a drug, as long as it isn't affecting you why do you care? I'm not dissing your reasons for using mushrooms just your lack of openmindedness. Mushrooms effect everyone different and not everyone is going to get the same things out of it that you would. There is no one right or wrong way to use mushrooms or any psychedelic. Just cause they don't find this "connected sense" you speak of in mushrooms doesn't mean that it doesn't exist in other areas of their lives.

"I hate to say this, but this place is getting to me. I think I'm getting the Fear."

--------------------
Don't squeeze the pancake batter

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag