Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Where there is a will there is a way and getting past the enemy of the self!
    #3628485 - 01/14/05 02:53 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Reading in another thread I saw Sclorch use the expression, "where there is will there is a way" and became full of inspiration to share on the power considerations and applicable tools of this topic.

This has got to be the most valuable thing my mom ever taught me. She said it all of the time and without fail, used that diddy to work her way out of any jam or into something when all hope appeared to be lost to me.

There is no special magic to it, where one can command the seas to part, nothing like that at all.

It's more about infinite probabilities and possibilities all being laid out ahead of time and being open to the buffet.

The way has always been there it's we who blind our own selves to it, via fear, doubt, laziness, lack of confidence, conditioned beliefs in what "the" limitations of self and life are. These mental states are all illusions and self delusions. If you can make them disappear, the way opens itself to you.

How to make them disappear? Get over your "small self" and into your bigger self. It's about generating the spirit of "I can do".

People look at stubbornness only in a negative light, as in it being a quality where you refuse to give way. You can also be stubborn about refusing not to give in to self defeat.

I look back on situations in my adult life, where the groups decided, all hope was lost and to accept defeat. In times where I would remember moms advise, I would brighten and come forth to say, no no no there must be a way and we will find it, now what is the goal again? and in that light of spirit, it would appear. Ideas would come not thought of before and the day was saved.

My husband and I tweaked our own version of it. We call it, the no other option but to succeed. It's a very stubborn thing and we use the power of stubbornness to make it work. When we get an idea to accomplish something, we move into the no other option mode. We simply refuse to allow ourselves to accept any idea other then success with the goal, there is no other option for us but success and infinite options to it.

In this, you refuse to entertain fear doubt, lazyness, confidence lack and self defeat from the get go. In this you stay brightened and paths become illumined for you.

Where some may faulter in this is believing there is only one way to skin a cat. Having the idea that there are infinite ways to skin a cat is the key for maintaining flexibility required to see any path that will get you there. If in your mind, you think there is only ONE way, you will not be able to recognize the others as you are mentally shut off to recognizing their existence.

Here is another area where people faulter. Say they decide they want a house in the hills. It is a dream wished to be made manifest. The first home in the hills they see they want to buy and make there offer. Wifey says, "Oh Honey, this is to good to be true". Hubby says, "Yes it is, I can't believe we are finally going to live in our dream home in the hills" and they smile and hug while the cloud of self doom drops in.

to good to be true, then it must not be
can't believe it, then it must not be  and it won't.

Realtor calls and says the deal fell through, the owner changed his mind about selling.

They fall into despair and panic and start entertaining ideas of it not being meant to be and they just don't deserve it. They had become attached to THAT house and had to have that house and made it the only way and maeans to realise the dream of living in the hills, no other house would do (negative stuborness that does not serve the goal). If they can't have that then, they must be in wrong for wanting and they will punish themselves for being wrong. Clouded in all of the mucky thoughts they give up and find a home in the valley and accept their fate.

They forgot that the original dream was to have a home in the hills before they ever saw that house. That house was not the only way to realize the dream. 3 others are for sale, one even better then the first they saw, but they will never know that now.

The point of this is to not get so caught up in the means for how you achieve the goal or the means themselves become limitations to overcome not to mention how self defeating thoughts begin to darken the ways and close you off like road blocks and attachment to a tangible object got in the way.

The original goal was much broader and grander, a way of life in the hills, it was never about a specific house , but it became that and narrowed the scope into a dead end.

There is never only one way or one resultant product that can bring you the experiential essense of change you are after. Always keep that in mind from the get go.

Whatever the goal is, there is a general essense behind it and that is the prize, how it comes and how it is supported is not the issue of focus. They are just paths and means to the essense you wish to experience and they are infinite.

I wrote this as an inspirational piece with applications to be considered and used. There is no science or magic here, just the power of the human will and spirit to be worked with. Where there is a will and the spirit to see it through, there is always a way, many ways in or out.

When in a jam also consider this one because it applies every time. We are our own worst enemies. There is No force out to get you, to keep you down, and repressed, other then the enemy in yourself. There is never really anything you are fighting and having to overcome "out there" it is all what is going on in your own head and heart, look for the enemy there and overcome him within.

It's easy to do, your spirit is real and more powerful then you will ever realize and he, the enemy is an illusion, a phantom, powered into existence by your own beliefs of self doubt and unworthiness and the power you give to those beliefs. You make him real with your own power. You have the free will to take that power away from him to. That's all it takes to over come him, cut him off from being powered up by not energizing beliefs of self doubt and lack of self worth.

When you realize in a jam that the enemy is yourself, you can almost laugh and in that ease you can begin to dismantle him as you realize, you have all the power and control via your beleifs and in that, there is nothing to fear. When you dissolve him, the roads open up and you are free and clear to move into the desired essense of new life experience.

To realize, that what you fear out there to be more powerful then your own self, is actually your own power is pretty funny. Who is in control of you? You of course. So what is there to fear if you are in directive command over your life? Directive commands are nothing more the beliefs and beliefs are easily changeable. If ones not working for you, change it to one that will.

Look to an area where you wish to experience more success and ask, what beliefs do those experiencing success in this area have that I do not? How are mine different? Change them.

Learn to use beliefs as creative tools to craft results. You have been doing it all your life and just haven't made the connection between what tool creates what forms. Beliefs are like molds that give shape to reality. To change the shape of your reality you have to change your beliefs. :wink:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTrippinNinjaBuddha
ShroominSamurai
Re: Where there is a will there is a way and getting past the enemy of the self! [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3629005 - 01/14/05 05:35 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Great post!

In my life I have reaped the benefits of positive thinking as well.  It's proven fact (quantum physics shit) that thoughts are actions and affect the universe around us.  So think big and think happy.  Think legalization, while you're at it.  :tongue2: :heart: :sun: :thumbup:

--------------------
Jumped in a river, what did I see?
Black eyed angels swimming with me
Moon full of stars and astral cars, all the figures I used to see
All my lovers were there with me
All my past and all my futures
We went to heaven in a little rowboat
There was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Where there is a will there is a way and getting past the enemy of the self! [Re: TrippinNinjaBuddha]
    #3629214 - 01/14/05 06:33 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TrippinNinjaBuddha said:
It's proven fact (quantum physics shit) that thoughts are actions and affect the universe around us.

Links?

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
Re: Where there is a will there is a way and getting past the enemy of the self! [Re: daimyo]
    #3629378 - 01/14/05 07:26 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

why do you need links to understand a statement?

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Where there is a will there is a way and getting past the enemy of the self! [Re: TrippinNinjaBuddha]
    #3629403 - 01/14/05 07:35 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Nice to hear you appreciated it TNB. I overslept, woke up feeling like crap, came here for inspiration, couldn't find the kick other then sclorches one liner and decided to become my own source off it to get the day started off with a boost and share it too boot.  Then 20 minutes later ran into a problem where "woah is me life never goes my way types" would've cancelled their plans and I had this to draw on and "found a way" ha ha. The mode I was in when I woke up, had I not been inspired by sclorch, I would've been to lazy to bother and blamed my husband for not leaving the passes at home.

Um Daimyo,

Weather TNB has some cool links to share with us or not, isn't relevant to the post I made and its effectiveness to work for you. I wrote that what I shared is not science or magic, it comes from practical applicable experiences of finding my way through the fray.

If their is science to back it, great, but so what if it's proven itself to me experimentally throughout my life.

It's about getting out of your own way.

It's about harnessing your power to work for you , not against you.

It's about generating more creative intelligence in your life for personal problem resolution.

It's just personal empowerment concepts, tools and considerations.

Don't make it out to be more then it is or underestimate it either. :wink:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
Re: Where there is a will there is a way and getting past the enemy of the self! [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3629434 - 01/14/05 07:46 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Stupendous post my friend, I do agree. I've been working with this very concept in my own life greatly lately and it was great to see my thoughts re-iterated in such poingent pharse. Thank you.
's all about self-confidence & determination.
"It doesn't matter what one reveals or what one keeps to oneself. Everything we do, everything we are, rests on our personal power. If we have enough of it, one word uttered to us might be sufficient to change the course of our lives. But if we don't have enough personal power, the most magnificent piece of wisdom can be revealed to us and that revelation won't make a damn bit of difference."
-Don Juan Matus, an excerpt from "Tales of Power"

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Where there is a will there is a way and getting past the enemy of the self! [Re: KackleDude]
    #3629675 - 01/14/05 09:05 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

:smile:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#3630218 - 01/15/05 07:11 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

spudamore said:
why do you need links to understand a statement?

Why do you assume I need the links to understand the statement? 
I would like the links because it sounds interesting, and I would like to read about it. 

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Weather TNB has some cool links to share with us or not, isn't relevant to the post I made and its effectiveness to work for you.

I agree.  That is why my post was not directed to you or referencing your statements.  I simply asked for links to what he calims is proven fact.

Now that it is brought up, I did enjoy your post.  I too feel that a positive outlook betters the chance of a positive outcome.

:cheers:

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: Where there is a will there is a way and getting past the enemy of the self! [Re: daimyo]
    #3630233 - 01/15/05 07:24 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Of course positive thinking brings positive results, but personally i think will power is the biggest myth of all. Its a notion that one has to push oneself to achieve something. Take for example giving up smoking, i gave easily because i know that it requires more will power to do something than not to do something, therefore its easier not to do something because you don't have to push yourself, or strive to achieve not doing something. You see if you use will power you may succeed, but in the end you ll still be under the illusion that their was some pleasure in doing whatever negative action you struggled to give up!

If you understand the demon, observe your thoughts and habits and use no will power whatsoever not to do something (because in essence none is required) you can easily find yourself in a position where you know that you will never commit whatever negative action you found easy to give up because you see that their was never any pleasure in committing that action in the first place! Int fact you were using an awful lot of willpower to commit that action.

This is why i find it so easy to give up anything, absolutely anything. The time of death will be easy for me, as i will realize that their was no real pleasure in any material existence in the first place. Their will be a smooth transition, instead of an intense struggle. Train in not doing without willpower and you will see how easy giving up really is!

I know this is way off topic, but i thought id share this with you anyways!

Peace

--------------------

Edited by Sinbad (01/15/05 07:26 AM)

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Where there is a will there is a way and getting past the enemy of the self! [Re: Sinbad]
    #3630550 - 01/15/05 12:11 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks Daiymo,

Sinbad, as I read through your reply, it sounded to me like you were addressing the same principles to a different application. In short, regarding quiting smoking which is a false pleasure as you said, tis true that our natural state when empowered in spirit is one of pleasure if even a contentment of sorts, it needs nothing. Removing the demons, the false beliefs that stand between the person and their self that is already in a natural state of content security, the need is removed for the false stimulus.

Really, your example was another to show how we can use our power against our selves. So thanks for adding.

What you were talking about and what I was is the same thing in different words with different ways of looking at it. I'm glad you added because different people will grab concepts best when worded in a way they can relate.

I want to add this I have seen people grabbing a positive negative element from what I originally wrote.
For me, the words positive and negative related to thoughts, emotion as and experiences are becoming obsolete in that the perpetuate a dualistic nature of reality that is,'t so true when you look deeper.

The way I see it to be, we already have unlimited abundance and it is our false beliefs of lack and limitation as well as fear of something out to take from us or get us, or issues of self worth and deservings that keep us from experiencing the full and beyond of what is and can be.

This would be like your having access to the full PIE, and infinite pies beyond, but your beliefs only allow you to see only a small fraction of one pie and that's all you'll ever have access to even though the whole full pie is yours waiting for you to discover the rest of it once you get past your lack , phantom guards, limitation and self worth beliefs, they are like walls only the walls are illusions.

It comes down to what we allow and accept ourselves to see and receive from the all that is and how we get in our own way from this.

In this sense, positive is all there is and then degrees of it being less then. Zero and into the negatives would be death. While alive everything is in the positives, it's a matter of how many numbers into it we can experience our reality. If you are at 100, and then become negative about something, you will take away from yourself and be at 70.

So, really we have full power and anywhere in life we feel power being used against us, it is our own on the other side of the illusive walls appearing to be separate and working against us. Push the walls out and dissolve them and you come into more of your own innate power and creative intelligence.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology