Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinecleaner
Stranger

Is it possible to change the past?
    #3121526 - 09/11/04 08:57 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Often i cant help but wish that i didn't have certain past lives behind me. Like i want to erase them.

Is it possible that the past is not fixed but fluid and can be altered?

Last night i thought that this physical reality is condenced slow form of light. Now our true spiritual home and reality is light. Light is very fast. If you are light then you must have same qualities as light. That is if you travell with a speed of light erath time speeds up untill its non existant, everything past and future is the same :smile:

And who came up with the notion that nothing can be faster than light?

I don't want to let another minute get by
They're slipping through our fingers, but we're ready to fly
Faster than the speed of night
It's all we ever wanted
And all we'll ever need
And it's slipping through our fingers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Is it possible to change the past? [Re: cleaner]
    #3121536 - 09/11/04 09:17 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

That's an interesting question. It is rather interesting to think that since we percieve time as linear, we think that our actions in the present will influence the future, but not the past. But the thing is, even if my present actions do influence the past, they apparently do not change my memories of the past, so it's hard to say.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

Re: Is it possible to change the past? [Re: silversoul7]
    #3121540 - 09/11/04 09:21 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i remember watching "total recal" with Arny a few month back. Ive seen it many times before but i had not better to do so i watched it anyway.

So i remember when Arny finally reached the alien leader and he comes out of the belly of this guy and Arny explains to him:

"I want to remember everything!!"

And then this alien leader, pulls a funny face and with a voice of the greatest wisest guru in the universe tells Arny

"But why??? Man is not defined by his memory but by what he does" Or something like that.

I laughed my ass off

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3121553 - 09/11/04 09:37 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

No! I have dicovered a secret technique for altering the future, though...

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3121798 - 09/11/04 12:01 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Don't be to quick to say NO hue hue. I've played with this. You can't change the physical happenings of the past from this life BUT you can change the energy of them which will set a differnt future course from your now moment on.

Why would one want to alter their past unless it was to change their future? Whatever your technique is for changing the future could be considered a form of changing the past if your looking back on it.

When you do anything to alter a future, you are also altering a past.

Cleaner, if understand matter as just being condensed light energy then you will get how this works.

Take a past (in this life or another) event you think is having an influencing impact on your NOW. In your mind, get into that moment as deeply as possible and be there again, make it real. Now, replay it in a way you wish you would have. Typically the reason to do this is for healing. The benefits come from replaying a past situation where you overcome FEAR, or showwed yourself or someone more compassion and respect, and especially forgiveness. You get the idea.

When you are done, gell it into your memory banks AS IF that IS what happened and FEEL it. Emotionalising it is how you gel it.

I've even done this related to a situation that may be a week past and the next time I see the person involved, the whole energy dynamic will have shifted as a result. It's powerful.

The subconscious mind can not distinguish between physical reality and imagined ones. That's why it works.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Is it possible to change the past? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3121808 - 09/11/04 12:08 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

It's possible to change the future through the present which becomes the past unchangable.

Those are the rules of the game I play by for now.

--------------------
Agent 727

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Is it possible to change the past? [Re: MAGnum]
    #3121868 - 09/11/04 12:35 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

lookey here,

Time being simultaneous beyond linearville, which you need to step out of to understand this, the probable past is just as much in the now as is the future. Simultaneous time and probabilities don't start with the NOW and then move on into the linear future.

Granted, when you change a past energetically, a new time shoot runs off from that moment in linear framework at a different frequency to the one you are travelling on now, however, it becomes a newer (resosnant) influence in the one you are on now.

As you step up your game playing with multi D energy you realise your ability to run back and forth in time and ability to "tweek" it out. We are becoming more adept at this in dream time on unconscious levels and it's a HUGE factor behind "The quickening". You can do it while conscious too.

When you hear people talking about "reprogramming their DNA" this is what they are talking about. They are REWRITING the past. They are writing in new energy codes "patterns" to run off from.

If you can allow it to sink in that time is simultaneous and that the linear past has just as many probabilities as does the linear future (through rewrites acommplished by mentally and emotionally going into it and making new choices) you have a fantastic new toy to play with.

It's the same way you change future probabilities by making new choices astray from those you made running off of the auto pilot of conditioned patterning or those made off of your old beleif system by choosing a new beleif to run from.

Use computer programming as an analogy to compare all of this too.

Same as you upgrade a hard drive our add high performance parts to your cars engine, you can do this with your DNA.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (09/11/04 12:38 PM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3122713 - 09/11/04 05:04 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

is not living, in fact; traveling forward in time?

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Is it possible to change the past? [Re: Gomp]
    #3122747 - 09/11/04 05:19 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

very good posts.  when i looked into this for myself the answer i came to was yes its possible to change the physical past from whatever your present point of view is, however, if you have to ask if its possible you probably can't do it unless you want to devote a life of study :smile:

easier is to alter your memory

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineThe_Visionaire
Torch

Loc: Indra's Net
    #3123071 - 09/11/04 07:21 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

On a micro-level (and that means in theory on a macro-level) influencing the past seems possible. Positive experiments have been conducted to prove so:
http://www.fourmilab.ch/rpkp/martial.html

There is no path from A to B,
only runes in the sea.

--------------------
There are no differences between men and gods,
one blends softly causal into the other.
-Frank Herbert, Dune.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Is it possible to change the past? [Re: The_Visionaire]
    #3123277 - 09/11/04 08:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Pseudoscience

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Is it possible to change the past? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3124530 - 09/12/04 02:16 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Huehuecoyotl, way to overlook the fact that they did the laboratory test, and statistically, something wierd was going on.

also, you probably overlook the fact that hundreds of similar publicly avaiable studies were done with similar results. (and some with dissimilar results)

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Edited by truekimbo2 (09/12/04 02:27 AM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3124692 - 09/12/04 02:55 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

My former professor Dr. Bob Briar (world-renounced Egyptologist seen on TLC making a mummy from a corpse, first time in 2 millennia; and co-publisher with J.B. Rhine 'Father of Parapsychology') wrote a book in 1974 entitled Precognition and the Philosophy of Science : an Essay in Backward Causation . It is very heady stuff 30 years later, and references writings by Swinburn, Gale, Ducasse. It takes the mind to orders of operation along the lines of a 'Schroedinger's Cat' paradox.

Viewed 'under the aspect of eternity' [sub specie aeternitatis], temporal events occur simultaneously. To effect 'the past' which designates a position on a given time-line as being logically prior to 'the present' and 'the future' makes little sense from any position on/in the linear time-line. However, from a point 'above' or 'outside' of the linear time line, the fluidity of which you speak can theoretically be effected. The issue is, whose influence is capable of operating outside of linear time? Past-Present-Future observers are like cars stuck bumper-to-bumper in a slowly moving traffic jam. They know where they've been, and where they each are, but they cannot see very far ahead. Meanwhile, a hovering traffic helicopter above the line of traffic sees the entire process - past-present-future - simultaneoussly. In this model, the helicopter person must fly to the end of the jam, 'radio' to someone caught in the jam, and advise him how to avoid further difficulty, say, advising to take the very next exit and then ride a parallel service road.

In the metaphysical predicament, someone in the future must contact someone in the past and suggest an alternative 'road' to take in life. Yes, in Star Trekkian fashion, the time line would be altered, at least of that individual and his effects on others. If he was to be a very influential person, much potential change could occur. There was a cheesy TV movie recently about someone who finds themselves in contact with the baby Adolph Schickleguber, AKA Adolph Hitler. Should the time traveller to the past kill baby Adolph? I didn't watch, but one who travels from point 'C' back to point 'A' is still caught in linear time, albeit at an earlier point, and doesn't have the panoramic vision [Wisdom] to Know if a much worse future will be the result of his actions.

Speculative metaphysics, although 'Twelve Monkeys' was an interesting flick, and we like 'Enterprise' and its temporal anomalies and paradoxes.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (09/12/04 09:30 AM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Is it possible to change the past? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3125317 - 09/12/04 09:19 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

how could you travel in somthing we ouerself define?
do you think a dog know how mutch the clock is?
how could then a dog be affected?
if we humans made the term time to avoid "everything happening at once" or to ceep track of what happend happens and gona happen, or simply to get somthing to aply the "now" the past and the future? why on earth should we be abel to travel through it?
like,... if you fart. you say you could travel back in time, you could turn the time 5 sec back and dont fart. still you would have done both? and as time worc as you se it, you must have gon further, as the time never stops? listen to it. time "TIKK TIKK" forward or bacwards? and if you wnt bacwards, wouldent you still be going forwards? hehe living is traveling in time, we dont do nuthing but travel time. i meen, this world. and the dream world. beeing awake is nothing but traveling time at the same paste ;O

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #3125552 - 09/12/04 12:06 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

well...
changing how we react to our past (in this life or in previous lives, whatever...) is in the realm of the mind sciences, etc ---> NLP, past lives therapy, many meditative methods, psychotherapies af various flavors, and so forth...)

but actually reshaping past events is more in the realm of speculative physics... i mean, the math of the theory may work, but it so often flies in the face of "common sense" (tho' that can be said of much of physics anyways, heh - from the time of galileo & newton to the time of einstein, shroedinger, plank, heisenberg, right up to now with strings & things...)
(& if we toss the wheeler model in the mix, even if you could "go back" & change things, all you would be doing would be creating a branched off universe-timeline, while our own continuum would go on its way no matter what you "did to history" in the past)

then again, maybe we could get a nice time machine & sorta check it out, whaddya think?

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3125904 - 09/12/04 02:23 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

mckenna once said that time-travel and interaction witht he past/future will only become possible once the first occurance of time-travel occurs.

Once the time-travelling door has been opened, we will be able to continuously go back to that point and re-arrange things to fuck with the future and possibly save our asses.

I don't knwo if time-travel is even possible though.

But basically he was saying that we won't be able to change our current past, but that we will be able to go back to the discovery/invention of time-travel but no further into the past because before then there was no time travel! Since I don't believe its been invented/discovered around here yet, I don't think we'll be able to go back to "NOW!" for instance, let-alone past lives.

If you changed a past life your current one might not even exist.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinephynai
Loc: California
    #3126662 - 09/12/04 07:58 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

cleaner said:
Quote:

Is it possible that the past is not fixed but fluid and can be altered?

I believe the passage of time is similar in the function of a diode ? one direction only. However, with the amount of mistakes I have made, I would be one of the first people in line.

cleaner said:
Quote:

And who came up with the notion that nothing can be faster than light?

Einstein ? From what I remember, it is in the theory of General Relativity.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Is it possible to change the past? [Re: phynai]
    #3127359 - 09/12/04 11:24 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

the thing is, past doesnt exist. It is a product of the illusion of linear time, which is in turn a product of our limited perceptual abilities. THe only 'past' that can be said to exist is in fact our memories. Their is no universal past, only what we each remember individually. Even recorded history is not the 'real past' it is just one take, limited, prejudiced, flawed... in short a myth, a story.

But if our 'pasts' are just memories, it is hard to think how we could change them. I mean, you could wipe out your past by being amnesiac, or drinking to much...

The best i can think of is this:

sometimes i find myself constantly recalling a certain situation or memory and it hits me in the gut with a feeling of shame. The only way ive found to stop this recurring guilt is to sit down, meditate for a bit, replay the whole thing in my head, than acnowledge what i did wrong that makes me feel guilty, why it was wrong, and what i should have done differently.

Than i say 'in the future i will respond thus..."

then i exhale really hard and clap.

It works for me, call it karmic cleansing, it turns mistakes of the past from guilty memories to learning experiences.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction. This poster is no longer active.

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

#3127417 - 09/12/04 11:40 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I didn't have the time to read all the replies so forgive me if I say something that has already been said.

You asked if it is possible to travel back in time.

Theoretically to do that you must go beyond the speed of light, but as you approach the speed of light, your mass gets bigger and bigger and when you are at the speed of light, theoretically, your mass should be infinite. Einstein proved that, with a little help from a mathematician because he was a bit crap in maths. But that can not be the only way. There are many dimensions that our mind, in its current state, can not perceive. If you didn't have the sense of height for example and you were surrounded by a new 5 meter wall moving continually as you moved you would think that you could never go back where you were before. This is what we think with time. Time passes and we can never go back, But that is judged by only the few dimensions that we perceive. If we were to perceive 10 more dimensions who knows? We could be loao(laughing our asses off) for not being able to understand it. Artificial Intelligence may take us there in the future.

Another thing that I think of is this. Pick a moment in present and its gone. Take a picture and it will only record a very very slight movement in time, so that which we see was not the present either. So if no presence exists means that there is only past and future and consequently we have no choice over matters and our future and past is predetermined. Or for example with the theory of the parallel universes, which all exist at one time but when we actually see something with our eyes, a flower for example, we force matter to make a choice of for example what color it is, or take Schrodinger's cat experiment. Matter makes the choice, not us. And this is predetermined. So generally I think that what the answer to many paradoxes could be, is increasd perception.

Conclusion------------>WE NEED TO PERCEIVE MORE DIMENSIONS!!!! :shrug:

:kodama: :kodama: :kodama: <------------------->This is what we are.

--------------------

Edited by Shroomerious (09/13/04 12:55 PM)

OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
Loc: The middle,Outside,nowher...
    #3127521 - 09/13/04 12:11 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I like this answer as given by Physics

In 1963, Roy Kerr, a New Zealand mathematician, found a solution of Einstein's equations for a rotating black hole, which had bizarre properties. The black hole would not collapse to a point (as previously thought) but into a spinning ring (of neutrons). The ring would be circulating so rapidly that centrifugal force would eep the ring from collapsing under gravity. The ring, in turn, acts like the Looking Glass of Alice. Anyone walking through the ring would not die, but could pass through the ring into an alternate universe.

Since then, hundreds of other "wormhole" solutions have been found to Einstein's equations. These wormholes connect not only two regions of space (hence the name) but also two regions of time as well. In principle, they can be used as time machines. Recently, attempts to add the quantum theory to gravity (and hence create a "theory of everything") have given us some insight into the paradox problem. In the quantum theory, we can have multiple states of any object. For example, an electron can exist simultaneously in different orbits (a fact which is responsible for giving us the laws of chemistry). Similarly, Schrodinger's famous cat can exist simultaneously in two possible states: dead and alive. So by going back in time and altering the past, we merely create a parallel universe. So we are changing someone ELSE's past by saving, say, Abraham Lincoln from being assassinated at the Ford Theater, but our Lincoln is still dead. In this way, the river of time forks into two separate rivers.

- Michio Kaku, Professor of Theoretical Physics

--------------------
"Fear is the Mind Killer"
Frank Herbert's Dune

"Shoot straight, conserve ammo and never cut a deal with a dragon"
Shadowrun street Proverb

To announce there must be no critisism of the president or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile but is morally treasonous to the american public
Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

Edited by ElfWizard (09/13/04 08:40 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology