Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I've officially purchased a violin
    #3614648 -

Jealous?

I needed an instrument for music studies class, and this one has always been cool, so I got a friend to hlp me shop for it, and as it turns out she could also be teaching me to play for the class :laugh:


--------------------
"There's a guy in my apple!"

"Jerk off on weed man, that's where it's at... " -Anjaba

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've officially purchased a violin [Re: Toricious]
    #3614892 -

a strad?


--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've officially purchased a violin [Re: Toricious]
    #3615118 -

That's pretty cool man. I'd like to get back into an instrument. Played the Saxophone in band, but I wish I had gone into Orchestra instead.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've officially purchased a violin [Re: freddurgan]
    #3616320 -

probably not a strad...

how much was it, may I ask? what year?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've officially purchased a violin [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3616878 -

dunno what year, but it was inexpensive, some 180$ - she said it played good for the price that the other more expensive ones only played slightly better and that I wouldn't see the difference for a while.


--------------------
"There's a guy in my apple!"

"Jerk off on weed man, that's where it's at... " -Anjaba

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've officially purchased a violin [Re: Toricious]
    #3616886 -

it's also smart not to invest a lot of money in something you're not 100% sure that you will do a lot/for a long time. For practicing it'll be fine, if you find yourself playing a lot and want to play after you finihsed that class you can always think to buy something expensive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've officially purchased a violin [Re: stefan]
    #3617451 -

Thats good advice if you are watching your money, but good handmade instruments appreciate in value over the years. Ten years ago I bought a Bach Strad Model 43 Trumpet for $800 brand new. Now they retail for 2,495. Handmade instruments are great investments.


--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've officially purchased a violin [Re: Toricious]
    #3617598 -

Toricious said:
Jealous?





No

A co-worker gave me a violin a few months back. I'm going to teach my daughter how to play. The violin is an amazing instrument. :smile:

Have fun!

~Desiree~


--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've officially purchased a violin [Re: Toricious]
    #3618796 -


so heres the best things i can tell you.
start simple. 4 note scales on each string (a,b,c#,d etc). 
go SLOW
LISTEN to each note and make sure its in tune. 

learn how to hold it and proper posture from your friend.  its awkward at first but it helps later.

play with confidence.  if you are nervous it will come through the instrument and make everybody listening nervous too. 
(im serious, play an open string, timid first and then with confidence and you will hear the difference)  even if it squeeks or if your bow hits the bridge, it will still sound better with confidence

get a teacher if you can or milk your friend for all she is worth. 

dont worry if you feel like you arent getting anywhere.  progress comes slowly and in plateaus.  it will sink in eventually but you have to give you brain a chance to build new connections

let me know if you have any questions and i will do my best to help.  good luck

btw playing is one of the most important and rewarding things in my life.  it is completely worth it

k

Edited by knumb (06/08/20 12:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've officially purchased a violin [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #3621419 -

Quote:
Desiree said: The violin is an amazing instrument. :smile:



you know something? playing the violin had got to be one of the weirdest postures you can get your upper body into. the left wrist twisting under and around, but staying extended... holding the bow up for prolonged periods of time... whenever I pick up my violin again and play, even for ten minutes, I am so sore after.

granted, when I used to play every day, my body got used to it. but be aware of your structure and how weird it feels, and try to make it feel strong

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've officially purchased a violin [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3624021 -

thanks for the replies ^^

As it turns out my friend really will be my teacher - I have to learn an instrument for school and the teacher of the course said it would be ok, which is really wicked cool :laugh:

I also learnt how to hold the bow and how to use the bow...a friend thinks i'm playing the violin to meet asian girls though


--------------------
"There's a guy in my apple!"

"Jerk off on weed man, that's where it's at... " -Anjaba

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I've officially purchased a violin [Re: Toricious]
    #3624262 -

the violin is an awesome instrument

I am jealous :wink:

DH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Electric Violins memes 1,005 17 08/20/07 02:09 AM
by jewunit
* musical instrument repair column
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
automanM 18,855 123 09/26/15 10:59 PM
by automan
* Classic instruments track! Fliquid 883 6 02/06/03 01:12 AM
by Fliquid
* cheap instrument for electronic music mr crisper 670 5 02/16/04 03:02 PM
by Dankman
* Overrated Bands: An Official Discourse Prodijal_Son 699 0 10/21/03 02:25 PM
by Prodijal_Son
* possibly the worst thing i've ever writen canid 1,012 8 10/31/03 02:43 PM
by mr_kite
* i've returned.:. DoktorJ 866 6 07/03/03 07:28 PM
by DoktorJ
* I think I've created a poem? TeKHeAD009 1,672 9 10/16/02 01:48 AM
by Fliquid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
632 topic views. 1 members, 1 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.