Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChaos_ult
Stranger
Marijuana Enlightenment
    #3612183 - 01/11/05 10:57 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've noticed that after I have smoked a fair bit of marijuana, I have such clarity that it tends to scare me somtimes. A friend and I smoked about 3 grams over a time period of ~ 2 hours. When I went home I realized how focused I was on the task at hand. To test this theory, I started a game of Yahoo Chess. Now I haven't played chess for a LONG time, and was never really that great. This time, however, I was EASILY able to beat someone rated MUCH higher than I was. I had described this ability to a friend as The Divine Clarity. I think a better term for this is Enlightenment. Thoughts? Experiences? Lets start a discussion!

Edited by Chaos_ult (01/11/05 11:01 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: Marijuana Enlightenment [Re: Chaos_ult]
    #3612245 - 01/11/05 11:15 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've experienced that clarity on a low dose of shrooms, funny enough I was playing Chess too and doing unusually well. Whenever I smoke weed though it doesn't resemble any "clarity", but everyone reacts differently to substances. I get confused, paranoid and generally don't enjoy the experience of getting high.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlineharpd
Passing By

Re: Marijuana Enlightenment [Re: Holydiver]
    #3612327 - 01/11/05 11:35 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'm with chaos; marijuana makes me intent on the task at hand. The stereotype of stoners sitting around doing nothing all day has never seemed all that accurate to me (except the occasional bong session). I get very goal oriented when I'm high, and I find more satisfaction from accomplishing small goals like fixing something broken or washing the dishes.

--------------------
When you get the blanket thing you can relax because everything you could ever want or be you already have and are.

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Marijuana Enlightenment [Re: Holydiver]
    #3612329 - 01/11/05 11:35 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It would depend slightly on the strain of pot aswell... Latley all I can get is couch lock pot.. Its not bad stuff, good for after work but not that great for trying to get shit done..
I could see pot helping you concentrate only on chess and nothing else. In high school i beat a bunch of chess club nerds when i was blazed at school.Most of htem are bitches and had stupid excuses.

InvisibleFuzzt
Junglist
Re: Marijuana Enlightenment [Re: Legoulash]
    #3612533 - 01/11/05 12:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I play computer games better while stoned, especially fast games such as NFSU. I just seem to zone out, while totally focusing on the game.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Enlightenment [Re: Fuzzt]
    #3612947 - 01/11/05 01:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Being stoned makes things more fuzzy and usually my mind is somewhere else so I have trouble focusing. It puts my head in a cloudy place.

I dont think Enlightenment is a better term for being able to think and process things more clearly. Enlightenment to me, is when you learn a new, very real truth.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3613036 - 01/11/05 02:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I often get a similar sensation, not really of clarity of experience, because often the memory of it can be cloudy afterwards, but clarity of thought. My mind starts to work in a different way, and the products are often mind-blowing. It can be a very creative drug. I wouldn't necessarily call it enlightenment on my part though, it is more like thought-enhancement.

I used to always get stoned before my midterms and final exams in high school, and I believe afterwards that the marijuana actually helped me pass. I didn't think about what I hadn't memorized, but rather just followed my stoned thought processes, and started writing an answer without trying to pick it apart, just letting it be, and I nearly always did well. May be just me, but I've never found the stereotype of a stupid thoughtless stoner who can only laugh at Cheech and Chong and eat pizza to apply to the actual bud smokers.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisibleclone
Remote Viewer
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Enlightenment [Re: Ravus]
    #3614616 - 01/11/05 08:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i get stoned and just feel normal. after 8 hours of dealing with state disability applications, i am too tired to go for any goals. although on the weekend i will get so high i cant see straight, but come Sunday evening i have a ton of stuff accomplished, as blurry as my memory may sometimes be as to how it was done.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Marijuana Enlightenment [Re: clone]
    #3614900 - 01/11/05 09:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've found that the "typical" idea of a stoner was wrong for a time. We were all just loving conversation, talking about ideas, picking apart society. Things people do when they get really out of their minds.

But then my friends moved to "dank" and it all got really shitty. Just total couch-lock-fail-out-of-school-asshole-I-hate-smoking weed. Ruined it for me and all my friends became typical stoner stereotypes.

I think alot of it is the pot. The strain makes all the difference. The last pot I smoked my friends said was new, and was "midsy". It was the best pot I've smoked in a long time. It allowed me to have a good time again.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: Marijuana Enlightenment [Re: freddurgan]
    #3614951 - 01/11/05 09:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'm always way better at games when I'm high, usually because I just become so focused it. I don't think I've ever reached some magical level of clarity and enlightenment though. That's what mushrooms are for :smile:

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Enlightenment [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3615176 - 01/11/05 10:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I definitely agree about the strain thing... I love sativa, too bad its tough to find. Also though, a big aspect is the setting. If you're with the right type of people, interesting, motivated, creative, then getting high will be fun, enlightening, what have you. But on the otherhand, there is nothing worse than smoking with 'stoners,' people that have literally smoked themselves stupid. THey sit there, watch tv, eat pizza, and create countless awkward silences. I find more and more that I only want to get high with a select few friends, my girlfriend, or by myself, cause a lot of peope are just becoming stoners, and it sucks.

--------------------

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Marijuana Enlightenment [Re: Noviseer]
    #3618528 - 01/12/05 02:25 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Noviseer said:
THey sit there, watch tv, eat pizza, and create countless awkward silences.

MAN, that awkward silences thing is great. So true it's sad. I'm sure I'm not innocent of this smoking crime, but the fact that you said it makes me realize that it's not just me that does it/has it happen to. Random awkward stoner silences happen to other folks too!

Man I love the Shroomery for this reason.

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3619242 - 01/12/05 04:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Why the hatred of the silence? Why is it awkward for you? Why don't you enjoy the silence?

--------------------

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Re: Marijuana Enlightenment [Re: jux]
    #3619312 - 01/12/05 04:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've never had weed focus me before, if anything it's just a way of passing time for me... listen to linkin park high, I was doing this in a pool hall last night and I swear to god the song wouldn't end, it went on on for days, months, and a couple of lifetimes.

Actually I shouldn't say all that because I used to play sports high a lot and would do a lot better. I think you have to channel your high and if you conscious enough to do so you can reach a divine enlightenment state. Although nothing focuses me like shrooms do, I can do anything on shrooms and do it 100 times better than if I was sober. I really want to start playing sports again just to do it on shrooms because I seriously could do anything perfect in the right mindset on shrooms. I remember one night on shrooms I was seriously the most coordinated and focused I had ever been, perfect balance and perfect frame of mind... it was crazy. This from a person who's a wobbly walker when sober.

My whole reply is in conflict and kind of screwed up but meh... I like what I wrote.

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Enlightenment [Re: jux]
    #3619596 - 01/12/05 05:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

jux said:
Why the hatred of the silence? Why is it awkward for you? Why don't you enjoy the silence?

Its a certain type of silence. The air gets loaded with an uncomfortable charge. It feels like you want to say, "hmm... I get what you were trying to do with that joke, but you botched it. For me to fake laugh would only compound the strange effect, there's just nothing I can do to remedy the situation but shut up and look down at my plate. I respect you for trying, but we're all operating on different levels right now, and I just can't get into that frame of mind right now. I just wish we were all sober so we could get on the same page. I'm seeing everyone as organic machines right now, you're really getting into the whole surfer-punk thing, Lou over there hasn't said anything for 20 minutes, he's breathing so LOUD and I don't think he even realizes."

Cannabis is powerful stuff. If you're stoned everyday, you're stoned everyday, you know? SOcial environments are tricky, you can't just get blazed and be a good host, it creates strange currents of tension.

Gotta be with the right people, then you're set and you're going to probe the mysteries of the universe, learn a lot, laugh like hell, have so much fun. WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE, IN THE RIGHT SETTING.

--------------------

OfflineSirRobin
Stranger
Loc: Mid TN
    #3619945 - 01/12/05 06:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Im with most people here when they say- a select few people. There are only a few friends i enjoy getting high with, maybe 3-6 of my closest friends and by myself of course. I have noticed that I can either be very lazy, the typical stoner, or very concentrated and focused on something. Ive also noticed that Im very creative, intelligent (in some ways) and coordinated when im high.

OfflineDUBS
Trippin' Mofo

Re: Marijuana Enlightenment [Re: SirRobin]
    #3620149 - 01/12/05 07:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The stereotype of a stoner was right on for me haha, the way it interacted with my body and personality, I was always tired and lazy even when sober. I lost touch with alot of my emotions and ended up not caring about anything in my life, I didnt care about school, my future, my family, nothing really except getting stoned. I very much believe the positive effects that everyone here is posting, but those never happened to me. I never had clarity or any sort of urge to get anything done. I took a test stoned and got one of my worst test grades ever. Marijuana isnt a drug for everyone and I, sadly, said goodbye to it. My life has improved since then. I now only use alcohol, on occasion, and psychedelics.

--------------------
Don't drink and drive, smoke weed and fly!

OfflineKras
Male User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Enlightenment [Re: DUBS]
    #3622202 - 01/13/05 02:46 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I now from my own and my friends experience that when you smoke often, for a longer peroid of time you are slowly shifting towards that "stoner stereotype". It's because the quality of "highs" is getting lower and lower. Don't forget that marijuana IS a mild psychedelic, so it burns your energy quite quickly and like all other psychedelics it's spirits like to be respected!

--------------------
enjoy life!

InvisibleSomaism
The Outlaw
 User Gallery

Loc: Illusion
    #3622251 - 01/13/05 03:00 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Because it just another path of the way. It also stays with you after until you die.

Edited by Somaism (01/13/05 03:13 AM)

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Marijuana Enlightenment [Re: Somaism]
    #3622472 - 01/13/05 06:44 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well someone already answered it, but I'll answer the silence question.

It's not like we're talking about just "silence". For instance, if we're all sitting watching a movie and we're not talking or joking about it, that's fine. The awkward silence is like this..

Someone will say something kind of quietly and everyone will miss it. But the person might wait for a response because he doesn't know everyone missed it. Then some other people might look around at each other waiting for someone to respond to him and nobody is going to. The person who said it starts to think he is being ignored and get's pissy, but doesn't say anything. So you know he's getting pissy and you know why but you wonder why nobody else didn'y answer him. So now you've got alot of tension, a pissed off person, and you're all fucked up.

Just small shit like that. It happens alot to me and my group. But they are skeevy stoners who like to fail out of school, so.. it's bound to get awkward sometimes.

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals