Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Radiohead-scapes
    #3593779 - 01/07/05 01:32 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

well after a lot of thought I'm gonna just come out and say it: Kid A is not the flawless album I once thought it was. The main flaw is the song 'How To Disappear Completely' and 'Motion Picture Soundtrack'.

HTDC used to be among my favorite Radiohead songs, but now I see it as just waay overproduced. Johnny's string arrangement is thick like so much overblown, choking molasses. I still think it has a very useful place in the overall album, letting us catch our breath after 'National Anthem' and, with 'Treefingers', lulling us into false calm before 'Optimistic'. but as a standalone song, it is syrupy. the lyrics I approve of, though.

and 'Motion Picture Soundtrack' seems sort of stuck onto the end of the album with messy scotch tape. to me it doesn't match the flow of the rest of things. I had the same feeling about 'Life in a Glass House', the end song of Amnesiac.

okay, bring on the ton of bricks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Radiohead-scapes [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3594426 - 01/07/05 04:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

you may or may not be correct, but oyur opinion is worthwhile...

kid a is a greta album for many reasons... but i can see how many people dislike it.  you pointed out some of those reasons...  :smile: peace

/me lugs ton of bricks

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
Re: Radiohead-scapes [Re: Todcasil]
    #3594679 - 01/07/05 04:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Todcasil said:
you may or may not be correct, but oyur opinion is worthwhile...

kid a is a greta album for many reasons... but i can see how many people dislike it.  you pointed out some of those reasons...  :smile: peace

/me lugs ton of bricks

Kid A is one of my favorite albums.. next to Orbital's Brown Album, FSOL's Accelerator, and DJ Shadow - Entroducing. I think it's right up there with those. Most people seem to think it's their least-best. Maybe I just had a lot of good memories associated with it, which is the same reason I like a lot of albums that people think might be cheesy :wink:

A lot of people don't like Kid A because it sounds way harsh (e.g. the cacaphonic trumpets, etc), but I think that's it's best quality.

It's hard to chose. I think all their albums are top rate. They're one of the few bands out there who's started off strong and got better... Everyone else just seems to get their aggression out their first 2-3 albums and then start to struggle for something original at the end (STP a good example.. who I also love).

It seems I can't force myself to listen to a lot of my favorite albums too often, or else I start to pick everything apart and get bored with them. That's why I really got into Orbital.

Every time I listen to their albums from the mid-90's (snivilization, orbital II, in sides) I notice something new, or find 20 remixes of.

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Re: Radiohead-scapes [Re: BrAiN]
    #3594748 - 01/07/05 05:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I think I'd throw Interpol - Turn on the bright lights, up there as well as one of the best sounding albums.

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
    #3594782 - 01/07/05 05:10 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Zekebomb said:
well after a lot of thought I'm gonna just come out and say it: Kid A is not the flawless album I once thought it was. The main flaw is the song 'How To Disappear Completely' and 'Motion Picture Soundtrack'.

HTDC used to be among my favorite Radiohead songs, but now I see it as just waay overproduced. Johnny's string arrangement is thick like so much overblown, choking molasses. I still think it has a very useful place in the overall album, letting us catch our breath after 'National Anthem' and, with 'Treefingers', lulling us into false calm before 'Optimistic'. but as a standalone song, it is syrupy. the lyrics I approve of, though.

and 'Motion Picture Soundtrack' seems sort of stuck onto the end of the album with messy scotch tape. to me it doesn't match the flow of the rest of things. I had the same feeling about 'Life in a Glass House', the end song of Amnesiac.

okay, bring on the ton of bricks

That Yahoo Launch website has an interview with Thom Yorke after Amnesiac game out, I think. He talks about what he was happy with, what made him feel closure, etc...

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: Radiohead-scapes [Re: BrAiN]
    #3596860 - 01/08/05 01:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

still, to me Kid A is Radiohead's best album, but like someone up there said, prolly it's because I associate it with good times.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3598779 - 01/08/05 02:10 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

best radiohead album for me is amnesiac though i really do love them ALL.

Brain: Oribital II is also one of my favorite albums! many good experiences associated with it, and its just stand alone brilliance imo anyways.

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Jump to top Pages: 1