Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Need help in learning how to appreciate Radiohead's Kid A
    #17557617 -

I know appreciation of music is subjective, but so many people love Kid A and the later Radiohead work, and I feel like I'm missing something. I loved Pablo Honey, The Bends and OK Computer, and their was a progression towards innovation, but when they got to Kid A they seemed to really take off with experimentation.
    I bought Kid A but I only listened to it a few times because I couldn't get into it. Could some Radiohead fans suggest some tracks I should concentrate on, and what other later releases I might find accessible. Thank you


--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Simulacrum
The truth which conceals that there is none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need help in learning how to appreciate Radiohead's Kid A [Re: Brian Jones]
    #17557633 -

:rofldrunk:


--------------------
TACOS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need help in learning how to appreciate Radiohead's Kid A [Re: HeadTripVertigo]
    #17557761 -

Well, personally I think it's unlistenable. Dire rubbish.


--------------------
You've got to open up your mind and let everything flood through.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need help in learning how to appreciate Radiohead's Kid A [Re: Brian Jones]
    #17573824 -

I think it's the best thing they've done to date. I guess don't listen to it expecting "songs", even though "How to disappear completely" is a stand-out classic. I have fond memories of long train journeys with that album, looking out the window at the countryside, not really concentrating on anything. If there's such a thing as a right way to listen to Kid A, I'd vote for that...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need help in learning how to appreciate Radiohead's Kid A [Re: melengi]
    #17576463 -

melengi said:
I think it's the best thing they've done to date. I guess don't listen to it expecting "songs", even though "How to disappear completely" is a stand-out classic. I have fond memories of long train journeys with that album, looking out the window at the countryside, not really concentrating on anything. If there's such a thing as a right way to listen to Kid A, I'd vote for that...



:thumbup: Yea, to me, too, it's kind of like a theatrical score.. you listen to the whole album to "get" the story. I used to listen to it while driving around the countryside in wintertime.. the music just fit - wide & expansive & sort of somehow devoid of life. It was background music & a soundtrack.


--------------------
full blown human

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Radiohead adamj 961 7 07/21/04 04:23 AM
by mr_kite
* new Radiohead
( 1 2 all )
question_for_joo 1,929 20 06/27/04 03:52 PM
by monoamine
* RadioHead?? *DELETED* slushie9090 1,297 17 02/14/04 05:44 PM
by MazzyStar
* Radiohead
( 1 2 all )
Tasty_Smurf_House 2,480 29 10/07/04 09:26 AM
by Simisu
* help me like Radiohead :)
( 1 2 all )
valour 2,186 28 02/01/04 09:27 PM
by silversoul7
* Radiohead-scapes Zekebomb 800 6 01/08/05 02:10 PM
by Todcasil
* Re: kid a. ThorA 1,257 11 04/29/01 02:50 AM
by Disco Cat
* Radiohead
( 1 2 all )
yousuck 4,404 30 07/14/05 02:34 AM
by Frappy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
634 topic views. 1 members, 6 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.