Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblevandago
Knucklehead
Male User Gallery

Loc: .
Waking a closed mind with salvia.
    #3579290 - 01/04/05 02:07 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I recently recieved some fabulous home made 10x extract that produces a breakthrough on one or two rips from a water bong. Now what I was wondering is this:

Is it wrong to give this to ignorant people who take drugs for granted?

I had about 20 grams of said extract, and have been giving it to everyone I can think of so they can appreciate life more. Should I just wait for people to come to me for a substance like salvia? Or is it a good idea to somewhat "force" people to understand.

Like what I'm saying is....I have a load of friends that eat acid for "the colors" or "the body buzz" and just abuse it without gaining any insight from it. I try to tell people acid and shrooms have way more beneficial uses then having "adventures" in the running through the neighborhood, but these are all metal/wigger kids and just think drugs are about getting fucked up. I have been telling people salvia is like a full blown acid trip in 2 minutes...but most of these people have never ahd a full blown acid trip and if they did just fought it off all night and couldnt relax and let go. And since I know salvia kicks the shit out of people who just don't realize whats up I figure its a good way to show people they are fucking up what awesome things they have.

The thing is though no one has had a really profound experience that tells that there is more than what they think except maybe 2 people that actually opened their mind to the experience. The rest just say how fucked up they are and that the buzz is sooo much more fucked up then acid, and that's not what I'm trying to show them.

Like last night I gave it to a good friend that has eatin hundreds of doses of lsd and just does it to get fucked up. He took 3 massive bong rips and was gone, mumbling incoherently about how people arent gonna play him like that. But when he came down he all he had to say was damn that was the most fucked up I've ever been, this drug fucks you up more than anything else I love it.

I don't really hear of too many people having a salvia experience and liking it unless they are doing it for enlightenment. Usually I hear if you are doing it for the buzz she becomes a savage whore...drops your skull....and blows your mind.

Should I keep giving it to whoever I meet when I tell them about it, even if they just wanna get fucked up? I figure they will eventually come to the realization that they have been missing so much, which is my goal, to show everyone that there is so so so much more than pretty colors and what not.

I almost feel I HAVE to show everyone what's up. But it shouldn't really be up to me to decide who gets enlightened...is it?

--------------------
:crankey:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
Re: Waking a closed mind with salvia. [Re: vandago]
    #3579358 - 01/04/05 02:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think you should "keep giving it to whoever I meet when I tell them about it, even if they just wanna get fucked up". Instead this gives you the opportunity to TEACH them about salvia and maybe they can learn to respect it. If they have no intrest in it other than "getting high" then tell them maybe this plant isn't for them, since they probably wouldn't like it anyway.

Invisiblevandago
Knucklehead
Male User Gallery

Re: Waking a closed mind with salvia. [Re: Frappy]
    #3579394 - 01/04/05 02:38 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well practically everyone I know pays attention to nothing and just does things to do them. I'm sure you know what I mean, like "man I drank a case of beer last night then ate a quarter sheet and I am fucking awesome because I can do more drugs than you" people. I pretty much give it to everyone I meet like I said, but I tell them beforehand all the details and to stay seated it will have complete control over you and take you somewhere and show you something if you let it etc. A lot of people walk away mindfucked and totally against having to withstand that ever again. A few love the "buzz" and think it's great and love it, a few actually payed attention to it and let it guide them and learned from it.

I feel giving it to the people that just do drugs to get fucked up is a very good way to show some people whats up. And like I said I thoroughly explain the experience beforehand so they know what to expect, and trip sit for them.

--------------------

OfflineKenny7822
Kenny
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA, USA
    #3579410 - 01/04/05 02:42 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

This is what happened with acid and that's why it became illegal. People were just handing out acid to everyone and then it got more popular and so it was scheduled. If the same keeps happening with Salvia it too will become scheduled because of the people who abuse it.

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #3579422 - 01/04/05 02:45 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I have personally gaven up on most drug people. Seems no matter what you say or give to them they will never understand anything besides 'getting fucked up'.

I stopped growing excess shrooms and handing them out to people for free.
I stopped teaching people how to grow them. Most of them quickly turn into arrogant capitalists who can't see beyond '1g = 5?' and won't dose anyone for free b/c that is precisous money they could be making.

I also tried salvia, and what wasn't my surprize when i seen people going through grams of 10X in a night in threshold doses and commenting on how salvia was really good and left them tottaly fucked up. So, i stopped handing out/trading salvia too. No one seemed to think about the implications of the experience, what they had found out with it, nothing. Just 'oh i got so friggin fucked up, load another bong please'.

DMT i never dosed anyone except for one friend. I will probably not dose him again b/c he has had some issues recently, but i will dose two other frieds of mine that seem to have their shit together and seem to not regard psychedelics as just another way of getting high. Let's see what comes out of that.

Most people don't care about insight or getting positive benefits out of trips.
I have even seen masochistic type behaviour with psychedelics: People getting kicked HARD in the ass and than go back for more a week later, just so they can have their minds altered with somthing other than the same old everyday hash/pot.

I have given up. I will not try to convert anyone anymore, nor will i risk my ass in making drugs and handing them out to people. And i will not spread valuable knowledge so that a bunch of capitalists can make big bucks in selling hard drugs to unprepared kids.
If they are interested and commited enough, they will find/create these substances themselves and hopefully get the message on the process. In a way i think the usual long painstaking preparation methods for most of these substances are some kind of a test to see how interested and commited people are to a certain experience.

Let them look for them, eventually find them and hopefully get the message on the process.

Invisiblevandago
Knucklehead
Male User Gallery

Re: Waking a closed mind with salvia. [Re: Kenny7822]
    #3579432 - 01/04/05 02:48 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

....sigh

I really don't think you are grasping what I'm saying here. It's not like I'm dealing this shit out and letting everyone get down and party with it. I am present and supply them one or two hits to have the experience, so hopefully they can benefit from it. If they think it's not for them or a they like getting "fucked up" from it then obviously they don't need anymore of it. But how can you just keep an experience to yourself because someone else is close minded? It isn't impossible to open your mind up, some people just need a little push.

And I hate to say it but whether people or using it for good or bad people are still using it. It alters your mind plain and simple, whether spiritually or to get fucked up. Keeping it all to yourself isn't going to make it stay legal. You have no right to say who can and can not experience a substance.

--------------------

OfflineFrappy
Strange

#3579667 - 01/04/05 03:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

vandago said:
Keeping it all to yourself isn't going to make it stay legal. You have no right to say who can and can not experience a substance.

It may. Introducing Salvia to people who are likely going to abuse it, or just use it to 'get fucked up' is going to get the drug scheduled. Peroid. Its only a matter of time before one of them tries driving on it or something similarily stupid.

Right now, in the area I'm in, Salvia is only known by the VERY few who have made the effort to research it, read about it, and learn to respect it. Most people who are into drugs just to 'get fucked up' could care less, and only buy whats on the street. If people start taking salvia to the street to push it, it will become scheduled just as LSD was, as mentioned above. This will eventually happen if it becomes popular with the 'party kids' that are being introduced to it.

I take back my previous post about teaching them about it. If they want it bad enough, they will seek it out. If you find someone who you think can appreciate its benefits, then you make the call, but don't introduce it to people that won't.

Invisiblevandago
Knucklehead
Male User Gallery

#3579683 - 01/04/05 03:54 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You know not everyone was born with an open mind. Something somewhere along the lines has to show them, whether it be a death in the family or a rude awakening or something. But people take things for granted and salvia isn't really a "drug" that lets you take it for granted. If you are abusing it, it's gonna kick your ass eventually, and I think a majority of the population NEEDS their ass kicked.

Even George W. Bush himself could benefit from a 5 minute ego loss from ol sally.

but you know maybe I'm wrong and people should seek enlightenment....not just have it handed to them.

--------------------

Edited by vandago (01/04/05 03:57 PM)

OfflineFrappy
Strange

#3579698 - 01/04/05 03:58 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I agree that you have no right to say who can NOT experience a substance, but you do have the right to decide who to enlighten.

Well, how's this been working for you so far?

Invisiblevandago
Knucklehead
Male User Gallery

#3579710 - 01/04/05 04:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well one person I gave it to that I was expecting to completely hate, got a wonderful experience and had his whole life changed and is so open minded now I can't believe it.

a few just had really odd experiences about plane crashes and going into the void.

a few even thought I'd tricked them into posioning themselves and got really pissed at me for a few minutes.

--------------------

Offlinebmarley3434
wildwalker
Male User Gallery

Loc: nj
    #3579760 - 01/04/05 04:20 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

it is something to be done shamanically with a ritual.. if you can mimick that id say go for it. i find that most peoples expectations is what they see though. so say "ol crazy bush" smoked it if he wanted to see nothing he would . i believe that all of the elixers of immortality and philosophers stones were looking for the one thing that can awaken everyone no matter what.. but if you want to be sleeping nothing would wake you up besides your desire to do so. for some sally is an ally.. for some she has no benefits.. that is why she comes to those who she chooses . if you are going to use it as a sacriment as you know there is much more to the mystical experience than just the sacriment. it must be cultivated and INTENT is the biggest subject here

--------------------
www.returntonature.us - wild foods blog

OM

Offlineballs
thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Waking a closed mind with salvia. [Re: bmarley3434]
    #3579831 - 01/04/05 04:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I was the only one in my area to ahve salvia extract, and I gave 10x to anyone that wanted to try it. Everyone tripped balls, but none hated it. So id say yea show people what its like, id give it to someone I didnt like, it wouldnt hurt them its only for a few minutes anyways.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Re: Waking a closed mind with salvia. [Re: balls]
    #3580430 - 01/04/05 06:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Have them do it in the pich black with one or no watcher. Im sure they will break throught then. Im not sure if they will get anything out of it, i myself never find a life changing enlightening experience but a confused lost world then im brought back and it always leaves me in confusion or a bit shaken.

The worst thing to do is have many people around you. Ive seen someone trip real bad because he was in a full room, bugged out more then anyone there ever saw, he was temporarily insane, but you could easily read his trip.

And an important thing i find is some real quick meditation and clearing of the mild before taking the hit.

Edited by Gr0wer (01/04/05 06:44 PM)

Invisiblevandago
Knucklehead
Male User Gallery

Re: Waking a closed mind with salvia. [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3580469 - 01/04/05 06:54 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Ya I've seen about 4-5 people breakthrough on it and they always freak if people even look at them funny. If people start laughing they think its just a trick. It seems having people around grounds you more, it's a lot easier to let go when you don't have a room full of people watching and laughing at you.

--------------------

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3580509 - 01/04/05 07:05 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

No matter what you are still just "getting fucked up" with anything. I can easily get drunk and lay there & think of all the things I've done wrong in my life and decide to change them. What you learn only comes from yourself; you reach nothing new by abusing anything. Whatever you learn can be learned outside of your substance of choice. So if your friends are "just gettin' fucked up" I don't think that's any worse than using it for "enlightenment". (But using it for "enlightment" is sure as hell a more responsible approach when you limit your use etc.) Don't get down on them for that. If a person doesn't already have the answers they sure as hell aren't going to have them after a trip. Maybe you'll realize some things faster from a trip, but you could easily learn the same thing through just living your life. If there's something really that important that needs attention it will get your attention through life experiences.

So I say keep giving it.

--------------------

Edited by ld50negative1 (01/04/05 07:06 PM)

Invisiblevandago
Knucklehead
Male User Gallery

Re: Waking a closed mind with salvia. [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3580521 - 01/04/05 07:09 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

See I think the same thing. Whether people use it for spirtual or fun they are still getting fucked up. I don't see how someone can say who can and who can't use a substance. I think everyone should get to try it, and I think a lot will gain from it. Most seem to have awkward utterly confusing experiences that take a few days to piece back together.

--------------------

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
    #3581759 - 01/04/05 11:23 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

If they want it bad enough, they will seek it out. If you find someone who you think can appreciate its benefits, then you make the call, but don't introduce it to people that won't.

yeah, not only is it a waste of good salvia, but a waste of your time and their time. Salvia is kind of in a class by itself, in a way. I mean, it is in a different class from LSD, mushrooms, pot, the street drugs etc. if people are interested enough, they will find it themselves, or ask you about it. I learned about it from the internet, sent a money order to some place in Hawaii or wherever, and that was my first Salvia experience.

Offlineheadset
Stranger
Re: Waking a closed mind with salvia. [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3582416 - 01/05/05 02:25 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

In a past life i used to push enlightenment off people - everyone actually. Usually i was providing their alley, and loved tripping with me so they can learn - but there were never any results - I just heard what i wanted to hear, and maybe i was a trip for them - but nothing more. They can say it sounds good, or pretend to understand - but its likely that their mind is not flexible to take much for literal after the fact - the decision of dissatisfaction in a sleeping state provide's the motive for salvia to present the door in an understanding or chaotic fashion.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden