Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelobo121782
enthusiast

Loc: SD USA
Salvia Divinorum a subject at hand.
    #708474 - 06/28/02 04:19 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I picked this off of the DEA web site, apairently there was some concern with this plant. I do agree with the statment to a point, yet i am a salvia owner. and I like to grow plants. but hay its all just thoughts..
Any remarks to the post are all cool, I do appreciate the responses.

Salvia Divinorum, ska Maria Pastora, Salvia
(Salvinorin A, Divinorin A)

Introduction

Salvia Divinorum is a perenial herb in the mint family native to certain areas of the Sierra Mazateca region of Oaxaca, Mexico. It is one of 500 species of Salvia in the New World is in similar to the sage plant. The plant grows in large groupings to well over 3 feet in height. It?s large green leaves, hollow square stems and flowers are it's characteristic features. S. Divinorum is one of several vision-inducing plants employed by the Mazatec Indians

Licit Uses

There has been a growing interest among young adults and adolescents to re-discover ethnobotanical plants that can induce changes in perception, hallucinations, or other psychologically-inducing changes. Since Salvia Divinorum is not specifically listed in the Controlled Substances Act, many on-line botanical companies and drug promotional sites have advertised Salvia as a legal alternative to other plant hallucinogens like mescaline. The plant material is smoked for the induction of "mystical" or hallucinogenic experiences.

Chemistry/Pharmacology

"Salvinorin A" is most effective when vaporized and inhaled. Chemically, Salvinorin A is a neoclerodane diterpene, a psychotropic terpeniod. The grouping of psychoactive plants containing terpenoid essentials includes Salvia Divinorum, Wormwood (Absinth), and Cannabis Sativa (tetrahydrocannabinols, THC). Divinorin A was characterized by Valdes et al., in 1984, however Ortega et al., had previously characterized the same substance and called it Salvinorin A and thus, out of convention, the psychoactive substance should be called Salvinorin A.

Illicit Uses

Salvia is being smoked to induce hallucinations similar THC. It is being widely touted on internet sites aimed at young adults and adolescents eager to experiment with these types of substances.

User Population

The user populations, thus far, seems limited to younger adults and adolescents influenced by the promotion of the drug on internet sites

Illicit distributed

Salvia Divinorum is grown domestically and imported from Mexico, and Central and South America.

Control status

Salvia Divinorum, Salvinorin A, and Divinorin A are not listed in the Controlled Substances Act. If sold for human consumption, Salvia may be subject to control under the Analogue statutes because of its functional pharmacological similarities to other CI hallucinogens like THC.

June, 2002

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia Divinorum a subject at hand. [Re: lobo121782]
    #708637 - 06/28/02 05:13 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

PFFFFFFFT Its a hallucinogen similar to THC? Seeing how THC is a hallucinogen and everything... The DEA is fucking fubared.

OfflineKoOs
BlingBling!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Glendive MT
Re: Salvia Divinorum a subject at hand. [Re: Gumby]
    #709331 - 06/28/02 08:01 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

This is the part the cracks me up "because of its functional pharmacological similarities to other CI hallucinogens like THC."

--------------------

Offlinepsylo33o
enthusiast
Loc: Europe
Re: Salvia Divinorum a subject at hand. [Re: KoOs]
    #709996 - 06/28/02 11:28 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Those poor folks from the DEA are really in their own world...They can stay there if they don't come pulling our balls everytime they find something interesting.. Who are the paranoids here?

--------------------
I am the holy spirit
I am whole in spirit

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: Salvia Divinorum a subject at hand. [Re: lobo121782]
    #709999 - 06/28/02 11:30 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

salvia is nowhere near thc.

Offlinelobo121782
enthusiast

Loc: SD USA
Re: Salvia Divinorum a subject at hand. [Re: nugsarenice]
    #710684 - 06/29/02 09:13 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with you all, 100% the dea is full of it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck