Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop for:   Amazon Hydroponics Supplies, Salvia   eBay Lighters

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAlienPrimate
Brachiator
Salvia Divinorum Survey...Please help! *DELETED*
    #2435251 - 03/15/04 04:14 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by AlienPrimate

--------------------
I said "no" to drugs but drugs just aint takin no for an answer!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Salvia Divinorum Survey...Please help! [Re: AlienPrimate]
    #2435672 - 03/15/04 05:57 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Demographic Information

Sex:M

Questionnaire

1) How did you first learn about Salvia divinorum?
-I heard about it on the Shroomery, then I researched it thoroughly on Erowid.
2) How have you acquired Salvia divinorum? (You can have more than one response)
I received a gram of 5x extract in a tade, and I grew one plant (RIP).
a) Local head shop
b) Internet source
c) Home grown (*)
d) Other (please specify) (*)

3) What is your preferred method of ingestion?

a) Smoking (*) (Extract)
b) Chewing (quid)
c) Tincture
d) Other (please specify)

4) For what purpose do you ingest Salvia divinorum?

a) Spiritual/religious (*)
b) Recreational
c) Other

5) Please explain your answer to #4.
I believe it is too powerful and potentially scary to be used for entertainment.
6) Please describe the setting in which you usually ingest Salvia divinorum (private, public, etc.)
Private, in a quiet, dark, comfortable setting.
7) Do you use a ?sitter? (someone ?sober? to watch over you during your experience)?
I never have, but its probably a good idea.
8) About how many times total have you ingested/smoked Salvia divinorum (even if you didn?t ?feel? anything every time)?
5 or six times, only once w/ extract
9) Of the number of times reported in #8, how many times did you ?feel? the effects of Salvia divinorum?
1 time, w/ extract
10) In your opinion, should Salvia divinorum be listed as a controlled substance? Why or why not?
No, since the potentiality of abuse is very low. Many people try it once and never again (including me). The plant is a beautiful thing, though, and is wonderful to grow.

Hope that helps you!

Edited by Redstorm (03/15/04 05:59 PM)

OfflineDrWho
TimeLord

Loc: nth ring
    #2435704 - 03/15/04 06:08 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Demographic Information

Sex: male

Questionnaire

http://www.shroomery.org

2) How have you acquired Salvia divinorum? (You can have more than one response)
D:) trade

a) Smoking

a) Spiritual/religious

to bring awarness of my place in this universe and its relationship to the creator

6) Please describe the setting in which you usually ingest Salvia divinorum
at home with a fried to watch
or on a mountain top.

7) Do you use a ?sitter? (someone ?sober? to watch over you during your experience)?

yes

8) About how many times total have you ingested/smoked Salvia divinorum (even if you didn?t ?feel? anything every time)?

twice

9) Of the number of times reported in #8, how many times did you ?feel? the effects of Salvia divinorum?

nothing yet.

10) In your opinion, should Salvia divinorum be listed as a controlled substance? Why or why not?

no. fuck the man.

11) If you have a ?trip report? you would like to share, please write it below.

--------------------

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #2437252 - 03/16/04 12:18 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Demographic Information

Sex: Male

Questionnaire

Books.

d) Other (please specify) : got it at a local herb farm.

a) Smoking

c) Other : I don't use it anymore, but i used it out of exploration of spiritual and enlightment tools.

See #4

6) Please describe the setting in which you usually ingest Salvia divinorum (private, public, etc.)

Private, in a dark room or with some low lighting, ambient music or sometimes total silence normally by myself.

7) Do you use a “sitter” (someone “sober” to watch over you during your experience)?

Sometimes.

8) About how many times total have you ingested/smoked Salvia divinorum (even if you didn’t “feel” anything every time)?

~50

9) Of the number of times reported in #8, how many times did you “feel” the effects of Salvia divinorum?

No, it's not an enjoyable experience for the most part. It's very short acting and very incapacitating. No harm has been shown with it's direct use and generally once one tries it they never want to try it again. It is a hallucinogenic psychodelic experience but is often physically and also on the whole undesirable. It's short action also makes it very hard for adverse affects caused by the intoxicated user him/serlf.

11) If you have a “trip report” you would like to share, please write it below.

n/aaaaaa

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #2438599 - 03/16/04 11:14 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Demographic Information

Questionnaire

Research. I tried it a good while before I really knew what it was. The stuff I tried was given to me. I had a good bit of it but it didn?t really do anything and I used a number of methods of ingestion. Not long after I actually knew what it was, a friend offered me some good quality extract.

a) Local head shop
b) Internet source
c) Home grown

a) Smoking
b) Chewing (quid)

a) Spiritual/religious

If you are just trying to have a ?good time? with this stuff, you probably won?t want to repeat the experience too many times. This plant speaks to you and puts you in your place, if you can't appreciate that aspect of her, then you will probably not find any redeeming value in the experience.

In a nice dark quiet room, most of the time by my self.

I did my first 2 times with extract and a few times after then, usually it?s because it?s with a friend but sometimes they will go in with me.

50+/-?

Maybe 12 break throughs the rest I might have felt something. When I chew it I?m not really trying to break through though.

I don?t think it really has much potential for abuse. I think most people who use this stuff see it as a sacrament. I see no good reason to take that away. Also the most accessable source for most people is the local head shop and only once have I ever smoked any good stuff from a head shop. So most people who are not in the know, don't even have a clue what this stuff's true potential is.

I am not talented enough to adequately describe a breakthrough experience.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Invisibleshriek

#2438621 - 03/16/04 11:27 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Demographic Information

Questionnaire

I bought extract of it in a headshop many years ago and tried it without knowing what it really was, after that ive read as much as possible about the plant

c) Home grown
I grow salvia myself today. before that i usually orderet it off the net

a) Smoking

a) Spiritual/religious

its a very very spiritual plant

in nature far away from people or at home.

no

20-25

around 80% of the times
no of course not. no plants should

no because a combination of bad english and things that cannot be truly explained i never write trip reports,.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2438743 - 03/16/04 12:15 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Demographic Information

Sex:male

Questionnaire

a friend

local head shop at first than internet

smoking extract

spirtual/religious i guess though i'm not really that kind of guy, salvia is not fun or recreational, i guess i do it out of cursoity even though i hate it i always do it again and regret it, kinda like falling in love with a girl that treats you like shit, you know you don't want it but you keep going back for more.

already did

private

7) Do you use a “sitter” (someone “sober” to watch over you during your experience)?
never have

8) About how many times total have you ingested/smoked Salvia divinorum (even if you didn’t “feel” anything every time)?
about 10 times

9) Of the number of times reported in #8, how many times did you “feel” the effects of Salvia divinorum?

there's no reason for it to be scheduled really, it's not something people will try once and run to get more like enjoyable drugs, most people that have a breakthrough experience never want to smoke it again.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #2438953 - 03/16/04 01:12 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Demographic Information

Questionnaire

1) How did you first learn about Salvia divinorum? Internet

a) Local head shop
b) Internet source
c) Home grown

a) Smoking (have not tried any other method)

a) Spiritual/religious

To quote Mr Minds Eye, because I totally agree with his answer: "If you are just trying to have a ?good time? with this stuff, you probably won?t want to repeat the experience too many times. This plant speaks to you and puts you in your place, if you can't appreciate that aspect of her, then you will probably not find any redeeming value in the experience. "

It is often used as a main part of healing rituals. I think a ritualistic or pure intent type mentallity should probably be present when consuming this stuff, or she might just kick you hard in the ass.

I don't smoke it very often, but when I do it will usually be in a place I am very comfortable in, such as my room. Maybe with some candles lit, dim light, the setting should be comfortable with minimal distractions.

Not always. I guess it depends if someone is with me when the decision is made to give it a go.

I have not smoked it without ever acheiving any effects. Probably about 7 or 8 times.

Every time.

I don't feel any substances should be listed as "controlled", perhaps things should remain as they are, with specific instructions and warnings readily available for individuals interested in experimenting with this kind of thing.

My first experience with salvia. Possibly a good example of why set & setting is so important.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2438970 - 03/16/04 01:18 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Questionnaire

From Erowid.org.

b) Internet source

a) Smoking

a) Spiritual/religious
c) Other

My main use has evolved into spiritual purposes, in that it gives me a greater connection to everything. It?s useful for meditation and apperiating life.

There are two other purposes I use it for, psychological introspection and twice to rid myself of headaches.

In my private house with music while sitting in a chair. I often move to my bed to lay down once I smoke.

Once, other than that, my experiences have been consistent and under control enough that it doesn?t warrant a trip sitter.

Approximately 20 times.

Every time except for once using the quid method.

Definitely not. It does not meet the criteria for scheduling. It does not have a high potential for abuse, there is research into it?s use medicinally, and it is very safe when used under the proper precautions. Most people who try it never repeat the experiences, and those who do, do so for responsible reasons. I do believe it shouldn?t be sold to minors, and retailers should provide information on how to use it with safety in mind.

I?ll get back to this if I have time.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #2439494 - 03/16/04 03:30 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Demographic Information

Sex: male

Questionnaire

internet

c) Home grown

a) Smoking

c) curiosity (sp?)

I'm generally interested in psychedelics and I'm curious what it has to offer me and what the effects are. Also the need for adventure.

private with a close friend as a sitter. definately nothing for in public.

sometimes

about 10-15 times

every time, but I didn't break trough yet unfortunately.

no. because only very few people use it and actually like it, it's not addicting, people won't use this very often. and if taken with care isn't dangerous.

OfflineAsco
Explorer of theMind

Loc: Montreal
    #2439906 - 03/16/04 04:59 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Demographic Information

Sex: M

Questionnaire

At a local hippy shop and read a lot about it on the net.

a) Local head shop

a) Smoking

a) Spiritual/religious

The high that is given during those substances can help you to understand many things, not only understand but feel and see. After an experience you can come back and have a better insight on things.
Private, usually in a room on a bed or on a couch.
All the time, I think it is safer and it makes me more comfortable to know that if something goes wrong the sitter is there to help.
4 or 5 times
My first two attempts were not very big trips, only a little high that did not last long. After reading more on how to ingest it I got some pretty good trips but not any fully blown outside of this world psychdelic trip. Hopefully next time I do it it will happen.
Yes for 18 and up along with all other psychdelic substances. I don't think youger people could understand what is happening around them during these experiences. You have to be somewhat mature to live through such an experience. Especially with salvia that is not really recreative compared to other psychdelics.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #2440206 - 03/16/04 06:44 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Demographic Information

Sex:Male

Questionnaire

I first learned of salvia divinorum from a friend that had smoked some extract and had a unusual expierence

the first time i smoked i recieved some 7x +/- extract that a friend had brewed up, from then on i have grown my own

i smoke the dried leaves un-extracted

I ingest salvia to see things from another perspective,

altered states of conci0usness have greatly helped my perception of the world around me and helped me see clearly as to make proper decisions in my life, resulting in a happier better off me.

i have only smoked salvia in the provacy of my home, and in the woods. the woods being my prefered setting, infront of a lake or looking up at the stars, preferably the combination of the two.

i never have had a sitter and i have never needed one. however using only un-extracted leaf i would say that i have never reached a full blown salvia expierence

about 15

i felt the effects everytime, although some of the times were only at a threshold level.

no, salvia should not be listed as a controlled substance for a number of reasons which i will describe below.
1) i do not believe that any drugs should be illegal
2) i do not believe that any substance promoting an expansio of conciousness should be controlled by anyone other than the persons choosing to put a substance in their body or not.
3) making drugs illegal has only pushed the drug inderground where insane amounts of money can be made from it, and the purity of the substance decreases ocasionally to a dangerous level.
also other things will be sold as salvia in an effort to rip people off, and other drugs will be passed off as salvia which could result in an unsafe situation for the un-lucky buyer that only wishes to promote only his state of mind.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
    #2441784 - 03/17/04 02:35 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Sex:m

Questionnaire

---internet

----internet source

a) Smoking

a) Spiritual

Psychedelic plants in my opinion is part of human beings.without them we're half-human.Salvia is probably the strongest one.which has many secrets.I like exploring sacred plants.

alone in silent darkness

first exp. yes,then alone

main effect of s.d. is total loss of reality i think.so let's say 6 or 7

no,civil rights issue...no one can say what you should do or not to do

it is pretty hard to describe salvia trip,words are not enough actually.like over 5gr. mush trips i can't talk a lot about thoso exp. memory problems also another disadvantage for me.it is very hard for me to remember whole trip

IMPORTANT NOTE:I'm not from U.S.A.
Just thought it may be useful for you sometime.And just wanted share with others.

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Edited by butterflydawn (03/17/04 02:37 AM)

InvisibleAlienPrimate
Brachiator
Re: Salvia Divinorum Survey...Please help! *DELETED* [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2446547 - 03/18/04 11:10 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleAlienPrimate
Brachiator
Re: Salvia Divinorum Survey...Please help! *DELETED* [Re: AlienPrimate]
    #2451633 - 03/19/04 03:17 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleMr_Gubjet

Loc: Infinitus Kosmos
    #2473771 - 03/25/04 06:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Demographic Information

Questionnaire

Internet, also heard of its spiritual usage in meso-america with copal in books as an unknown sage.

b) Internet source

a) Smoking

a) Spiritual/religious

Read question #4 please.

In private with a lit sage smugde stick burning and a low orange light on.

No.

Once using 10x extract.

I only did it once, was not knowing what to expect when I lit the lighter.
I used a normal bic lighter, got this strange spiritual feeling like I was a step outside of my body. Felt like I was in some kind of ancient realm in the clouds. But with a slight pressure on my body. When I got up to walk I felt like I was slighty out of my body. Then faded away after 10 minutes. I consider it a threshold effect. But changed my life in many ways after that, the tool keeps workingeven after you dont do it again. For sure has somekind of spiritual thing inside it.

No it should no be illegal, because even though it was a great spiritual experience and transformation, I would not touch it again, because I have learnt what it taught I. I think it teaches one lesson unlike many other entheogens. Also I think most people who disrespect the spirit wont want to do it again.

Ill get back to you on that.

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Re: Salvia Divinorum Survey...Please help! [Re: Mr_Gubjet]
    #2475076 - 03/26/04 12:21 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Demographic Information

Questionnaire

Browsing the net

B.) Bought from online vendors

a) Local head shop
b) Internet source
c) Home grown

A.) Smoking

a) Smoking
b) Chewing (quid)
c) Tincture

Um, I take salvia as a learning experience, it's always different each time I take it, can be insightful, but I rarely do it for "fun" although I can't say all of my trip attempts haven't been for this puropse, I just guess I take it because I'm curious.

a) Spiritual/religious
b) Recreational
c) Other

* See above

Mainly privately, allthough I have contributed to a salvia session at a party once.

The first few times were done with a friend, and any time I get a different batch of salvia, but I can usually handle myself and usually don't take enough to drool over myself.

A dozen times.

Feel - 70% Breakthrough - 50% of those times

No, it's not a habit forming drug. The only problem will be people without common sense using it, probably smoking and driving at the time, killing pedestrians, and having the plant scheduled.

Brief description - Small amount smoke - excess saliva, tingling, sweat breaking out, a feeling of "weirdness" in the head. Breakthrouh - Temporary feeling of paralysis in muscles, intense body load which usually leads to user laying down, closed eye fractals, some open eye visual distortions.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#2539368 - 04/08/04 03:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Demographic Information

Sex:m

Questionnaire

internet

storebought Local head shop
internet Internet source
email; mail
plant store (happy girl hydroponics)
leaves Home grown
&
pure salvinorin supplier also

a) Smoking
c) Tincture (in alcohol and in DMSO)
d) tea (3gms leaves in boiled water & stirred)
e) pure salvinorin dried onto small bits of cigarette paper and smoked is best.

a) insight and relief from 3 dimensions

I find the moment is extended while the next (several) are still beginning. this thickens experience and increases the relevence of all contexts. I feel like there is more space and time - and that is a big relief.

6) Please describe the setting in which you usually ingest Salvia divinorum (private, )
bathtub 50%
bed 40%
office (basement) 5%
other 5%

7) Do you use a ?sitter?
yes

8) About how many times total have you ingested/smoked Salvia divinorum
200 times in one year

199 times

No, it does not appeal to persons interested in commission of crimes which are the kind of thing that leads to control worthy issues.

please see salviadivinorum magazine issue #2 I have listed an entire log of ~20 trip reports there

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Re: Salvia Divinorum Survey...Please help! [Re: biglo]
    #2543360 - 04/09/04 02:35 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Demographic Information

Questionnaire

Drug related websites.

b) Internet source

a) Smoking

b) Recreational, yes Im the guy you may keep hearing about on this website that DOESNT do drugs for spiritual enlightment...

Its just another drug that is IMO pretty safe so I gave it a try.

Evertime so far except for the first time I have smoked Salvia it has been with several friends who were pretty much lined up to experience it with me.

I dont have to, but it always ends up that way.

About 25 times. Leafs and extract.

Everytime, just sometimes its abit stronger, then sometimes you "think" you just experienced a breakthrouh, when you might not have. I learned this just a week ago.

I think not, because of its effects lasting such a short period of time.

Sorry, no trip report.

InvisibleAlienPrimate
Brachiator
Re: Salvia Divinorum Survey...Please help! *DELETED* [Re: AlienPrimate]
    #2636224 - 05/04/04 10:24 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop for:   Amazon Hydroponics Supplies, Salvia   eBay Lighters

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden