Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Magic Flight Launch Box, Salvia, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Salvia Divinorum.... vaporized!
    #4299573 - 06/15/05 03:28 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Just received my Aromazap and after letting it heat for about a half hour, I tested it with a legal smoking mixture (no really! blue Lotus Flowers, damiana tops, desert skullcap, salvia divinorum, and passion flower). As usual with Aromazap users, I felt like I wasn't getting anything, but I soon recognized it once I could feel a warm "drying sensation" as well as a mint flavor. I "exhaled", and didn't see anything come out. I could detect a change in consciousness, and I felt more grounded, as well as relaxed.

I decided to try some salvia 5x to determine if salvia could be effectively vaporized. I packed 2 stems of the 5x, and went to town. Again, warm sensation, and this time it tasted more like salvia. Exhaled, and I could tell it was kicking in, but very subtley. I did the 2nd stem which helped increase it a little bit.

I meditated a little bit and found many of the trademarks of salvia divinorum. Afterwards, I blew out the leftover stuff, and was amazed at how little I even used.

Conclusion: It would be very tough to inhale enough salvia to breakthrough while using a vaporizer. On the other hand, it's perfect for those looking to experience Sally without having to have full blown sex with her, if you know what I mean. Perhaps this is where 40x salvia truly comes in handy? It's worth a try, although 40x is expensive so there are limits to "field research" without government grants.  :wink:

I was very impressed with the legal herb mixture as well. It was like the results I've gotten from using an ice bong, but even more present. Nothing sensational, but very mellow and worthwhile.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecht
SirKillGerk

Loc: disneyland
Re: Salvia Divinorum.... vaporized! [Re: Twirling]
    #4300949 - 06/15/05 09:03 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i believe unlike weed u need to smoke salvia as hot as possible to get best effects. with a tourch or something

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
Re: Salvia Divinorum.... vaporized! [Re: cht]
    #4301274 - 06/15/05 10:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cht said:
i believe unlike weed u need to smoke salvia as hot as possible to get best effects. with a tourch or something

a regular lighter works but true i read it neads to be hot hot hot. :smirk:

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

OfflineGodspeed
Stranger
Loc: God's Basement
Re: Salvia Divinorum.... vaporized! [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #4301568 - 06/15/05 11:59 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

vaporizing salvia won't do anything for your head, it's got to reach a reasonably high temp for the chemicals to become active

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia Divinorum.... vaporized! [Re: Godspeed]
    #4302655 - 06/16/05 07:40 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

wrong
no activation temp
that is a myth.

there are minimum amounts that have to be absorbed into the blood per second and that has to reach a total minimum critical amount in less than a minute, but it is not about any activation temp. (like an activation key for software, no no no. the molecule is unaltered all the way to the brain, heat is not critical to the working of the salvinorin molecule)

when you suck on a pipe you lower the pressure and thus lower the boiling point of the salvinorin, even a paper match will work, but you do need to burn enough material quickly enough.

with plain leaf you want a good hot lighter to help burn enough to get the ingredients into you fast enough.

with extracts a regular lighter and pipe are fine.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Salvia Divinorum.... vaporized! [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4303171 - 06/16/05 12:32 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I think the largest problem, like I said, is that salvia needs to be consumed rapidly. The vaporizer only holds so much leaf, so stronger extracts might work nicely, don't know.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
Re: Salvia Divinorum.... vaporized! [Re: Twirling]
    #4306857 - 06/17/05 09:34 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

A run of the mill vaporizer might not work so nicely for S.Divinorum. Small vaporizers take too long to smoke. However if you are wealthy enough to have a Volcano on hand, I couldn't think of anything better for smoking salvia.

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

OfflineDonJuan
Stranger

Re: Salvia Divinorum.... vaporized! [Re: Heffy]
    #4313661 - 06/19/05 02:24 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hmmm i always wanted to try salvia with a torch lighter and a gravity bong :laugh:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia Divinorum.... vaporized! [Re: Heffy]
    #4313976 - 06/19/05 04:26 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Heffy said:
A run of the mill vaporizer might not work so nicely for S.Divinorum. Small vaporizers take too long to smoke. However if you are wealthy enough to have a Volcano on hand, I couldn't think of anything better for smoking salvia.

smoking premeasured portions of salvinorin on tiny precut pieces of cigarette paper is the best - a one second ignition with any flame in a tiny pipe and hello magic.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Salvia Divinorum.... vaporized! [Re: DonJuan]
    #4314554 - 06/19/05 07:46 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

haha I had the same thoughts with the gravity bong, I bet that would be INTENSE. Probably pretty harsh to inhale the whole thing though. Has anybody tried it?

--------------------
GET MAD SWAG MONEY BIG PIMPIN

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Magic Flight Launch Box, Salvia, Vaporizer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden