Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Hydroponics Supplies, Incense, Salvia, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemetalchimp
bionic monkey

Loc: Cambridge, England
Salvia bitch slapped me & Introduced me to insanity
    #1604161 - 06/03/03 12:11 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

First off apology's if this is in the wrong forum, please feel free to move it to a more approriate location if necessary. pref not OTD

What follows is an account of my experiences last night but first let me start with a few recources that I have found to be invaluable, the first is a book named The Psychedelic essence of Salvia Divinorum, it is by D. M. Turner

it has everything you need to know & more including multiple trip reports. (ISBN number: 0-9642636-2-9)
(incidentally another book by the same guy called the essential psychedelic guide, although now out of print, is available on the net  here it is definitely worth a look)
the second is a web page called  sage wisdom it is basically a brief users guide encompassing all of the main points that you need to know before experimenting with Salvia. also see  erowid's salvia vault for other info.

now on with the story.
Myself & one of my friends have been Interested in Salvia and the whole ethnobotanical scene for quite a while now, I have been growing Mushrooms &san pedro & he has set up a hydroponics system for MJ as well as tomatoes & other herbs etc...
we decided to get some salvia divinorum cuttings sent to us from Bouncing Bear Botanicals & we were especially pleased to learn that we would get a free gift of 1 gram of 5x salvia extract as well,  there was a mixup with the order & lots of messing around with customs & excize but eventually I got this extract & it sat in my draw waiting for an opportune time.
Last night I went over to my friends house with my specially purchased salvia pipe

after the obligitory spliff or two & a cup of tea we decided it was time to see what all the fuss was about, as I said we had a gram & at the time we didnt really know how much we should smoke so we split the gram into four & I loaded up my pipe.
Neither of us really knew what to expect, I wouldnt have been surprised at that time if we had smoked the lot & had no discernable effects. I had read so many reports of nothing happening.
I lit the pipe & breathed in as much as I could & held it for about 20 seconds as I breathed it out I remember thinking "oh nothings happened" & I said to my mate "its not very nice" (I dont really like bongs either, my friend said it was fine for him) at this point my mate went to get us a glass of water, as he left the room I took another lungfull (it was still burning) & held it.
As I breathed this second hit out I felt the room slide down to the left & my head drooped to my right, I felt a pins & needles sensation all down my left side including the left side of my face, it was as if there was a line seperating the two halfs of my body, my left side was floating free with no pressure on it at all, stretching away into the ether but my right side was still firmly ancored in the real world, I slumped to the side & in periferal vision I could see a landscape of infinate purple fracturals. I still had my eyes open & I had the sensation of being stretched out behind my body.
my mate had returned & quickly loaded up the bowl with a little less than a quater (I had mumbled that he probably didnt need all of the quater as I has seen that not all of mine had been used).
He took his hit, afterwards he told me that it had been like waking up from being passed out, he had no conception of who either of us were or where he was as he was piecing all the information back together I said "I think we had enough" & he eruppted into uncontrollable laughter (I was woried his kid was gonna wake up & we would get an earfull from his wife :smirk:)

we discussed our experiences over another joint & prepared ourselves for another journey, this time we loaded up an eighth of a gram each.

It was alot more intense the second time round, I sat back & closed my eyes suddenly people were talking in my head asking me who I was  & why I was there, the voices then seemed to merge into one female voice, but it was not the young attractive voice I had expected, more a motherly but at the same time scalding voice she questioned my entire concept of myself stripping all of my ego down to my bare self the vulnerable sensative core of my soul, she was questioning where I was & wether my mate liked me & if I should be there, I felt young.
Then she went on to say that this was it! that reality was a dream & that I should go with her, that I was crazy (& fuck did i feel it) all this time my body felt as if it was hanging from reality into an abyss of purple fracturals by the top left portion of my head, I still couldnt let go & eventually normality began to return. she was telling me I could go with her & that would be it, I could wander the universe,
when she realised I was still grasping at reality she became a little more annoyed & asked me again why I was there, I replied that I wanted to be her friend that I wanted to share myself with her, I was quite scared at this point, almost pleading & a litte taken aback, & very humbled, I was as innocent as a child all my protective barriers were gone, there was just me & her.
I was afraid that I would never come back to reality(WHY!!!). as I came out of it I tried to remember everything she had taught me so that I could recount it to my friend
I looked over at him just as he opened his eyes & I said "dude I have so much to tell you!" he laughed & said "yeah me too"

we had another spliff,  more dicussions & another cup of tea

& we prepare for the third & final trip of that evening, Unfortunately I dont rememer much about this trip. after inhaling I laid back & smiled thinking to myself it was ok & I would return to reality having learned a huge lesson but I still couldnt let go completely, once again my body stretched away but part of be still was clutching & although I was trying to let go I couldnt. I remember talking once again to the female voice (the goddess?) she told me that I haddn't had enough (previously I had taken two lungfull & this time I only took one) she said she couldnt take me because she couldnt get enough control.....or somthing like that

we finished there for the night & although we still had a bit left decided to leave it for the time being we had a last spliff to cap of the night & I headed home.

I awoke this morning to fing that my Salvia Divinorum cuttings had arrived :grin: .........some things are ment to be     

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Salvia bitch slapped me & Introduced me to insanity [Re: metalchimp]
    #1604265 - 06/03/03 12:53 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

cool..

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1604380 - 06/03/03 01:39 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The book, at least partially, is available at erowid:
http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/salvinorin/toc.shtml

Invisibleeric_the_red
 User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #1604668 - 06/03/03 03:06 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

the first thought i had after smoking a bowl of 6x salvia was "i have finally gone too far. i'm not coming back this time." this was after watching my house melt from the inside out and the t.v. had turned into a talking painting. i ended up trying to get under my bed, because i thought it was the gateway to a new world.

--------------------

Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Salvia bitch slapped me & Introduced me to insanity [Re: eric_the_red]
    #1605347 - 06/03/03 05:44 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

haha
salvia is a truely amazing plant, amazingly powerful to
i dont think many people if anyone actully get what they expect from her, everyone seems to agree that it is very different and much more powerful than expected, everyone also reaserches the fuck out of it, thinks they're perfectly prepared and still gets blown away and are not ready

I know I reasearched it for over a year and figured I knew exactly what it was like, I was dead wrong. It doesn't give you a sensation of certain things, it does those things. It also doesn't have the pleasure that drugs typically do, its experience is completely neutral no matter how much you laugh, I think this turns most people off of it.

Offlinemetalchimp
bionic monkey

Loc: Cambridge, England
Re: Salvia bitch slapped me & Introduced me to insanity [Re: DailyPot]
    #1607406 - 06/04/03 11:00 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

-entheomation - cheers I have submitted it to Erowid as you suggested

-eric the red - yeah man I know exactly what you mean I real;ly did think that was it, I had really done it! at first I was confused I didnt see how it could really end like that

-Dailypot - I wholeheartedly agree, although I resarched and researched she still slapped me in the face, I thought I was ready & she knew I was just a little boy, it was interesting being scalded again, just like when you're little & you steal a buiscuit or go somewhere you aren't supposed to,

heh I hope she's more receptive next time

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #1607444 - 06/04/03 11:31 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I'm having some furniture dropped off, the I'm going blasting into salvia space. I'm going to draw a bath and have candles and incense. I'm terribly excited! I'll post later how it went.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Salvia bitch slapped me & Introduced me to insanity [Re: Redstorm]
    #1607694 - 06/04/03 01:20 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I am still under her grasp, more later about this.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #1607918 - 06/04/03 02:44 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

At about 1:15, I drew a warm bath and layed down in it. I prepared my pipe w/ a pinch of 5x salvia extract. I drew the flame close to it and took one large hit. I began to count to twenty, and I could feel myself drifting into salvia-space as I reached closer to 20. When I got there, I closed my eyes and that is when shit hit the fan. I was separated not neccesarily from my body, but from my humanity. I had the notion that there were many of me and I was looking out of my bathtub from inside a packaging box, kind of like a doll. I had the idea that I wasn't by myself, even though I was the only one home. I kept flashing in and out of rationality. I would one second be afraid that people would see me naked in my box, but the next I would realize that I was by myself in a bathtub. After a few minutes I gained my normal mental ability, but was still heavily intoxicated. I put my boxers and shorts on without drying off and went into my room. After about 45 minutes, I was felling normal again.

I will definately try this again. Hopefully I will be able to take two hits next time. This is a powerful and amazing plant, which I can't wait to share w/ my friends. I barely put a dent in my gram of extract, and I have 2 plants and an ounce of leaves coming my way. I would reccomend a good extract to everyone, but be careful! Don't doubt her power!

OfflinepermaFRY
youngstonerwithguitar
Loc: right now i'm in TEXAS bu...
    #1834675 - 08/20/03 08:15 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

HEY DUDE ....YOU REDSTORM!!!! Smoking SALVIA in a BATHTUB WITH WATER can be DANGEROUS...salvia can make you temporarily LOSE BODILY CONTROL...meaning YOUR ASS CAN DROWN...I.E read how D.M. TURNER(the author of The Essential Psychedelic Guide and "Salvinorin" DIED from CHILLING IN THE BATHTUB TRIPPING from a SHOT OF K. I'm not saying it will happen...i'm saying IT C A N H A P P E N...so don't SCREW it up for the rest of us and get this plant scheduled. no offense...Peace!

--------------------
i'm just peachy chilling here trying to kill time in my class at some lame ass college in texas...can't wait to go back to AZ oh well in the meantime i can jam on my guitar and whack tha toolage. peace

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

Re: Salvia bitch slapped me & Introduced me to insanity [Re: permaFRY]
    #1836245 - 08/21/03 06:41 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Ya salvia is a crazy plant man...I have much respect for it. Its the only drug that can completely change my concious thinking pattern and I can't control it...On mushrooms I can, I can literally talk to a sober person on 5g and them not think I'm tripping, but salvia isn't as easy.

Last time I smoked a small hit of 28x salvia (made it myself) from a bowl my g/f already smoked, the cushion on my computer chair asked me "So you wanna get wasted??" repeatedly and it was halarious.

InvisiblePriitK
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia bitch slapped me & Introduced me to insanity [Re: CockyMandrill]
    #1839221 - 08/22/03 01:11 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

...I haven't been online in a while...is salvia still going to be illegal? I didn't see anything about it on TV or anything...

--------------------
I don't do drugs....I am drugs

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Hydroponics Supplies, Incense, Salvia, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden