Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
This announcement has been vetted and approved by the Shroomery administrators.
Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
shroomery donations to the quake/tsunami victims
    #3552821 - 12/28/04 02:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i had an idea a little while ago. i thought it would be a good idea for the admins should set up a donation fund in the shroomery's name so we could all pitch in to help the quake/tsunami victims.

this would be a great way to help out the many that truly need help right now. it is also a great way to come together and show the public that we are good people.

i've worked post-disaster areas, while volunteering on medical missions. you know the scene is going to be bad, but you just can not even begin to imagine how horrifying it is until you see it. i realized this by going to post-disaster areas, where clean-up had already been going on for over a month at some places. i can't imagine the extent of damage the tsunamis have caused, but i do know that we really need to help now so that these people can begin recover from this disaster. we can help by donating.

i'm sure many of you already planned of making donations and some of you may have already done so. hopefully, everyone will donate. if you have donated, please donate again, even it's just one more dollar.

edit: i just talked with ythan about this and it looks like this is going to happen. he is at his folk's house for the holidays, but he will be making an official announcement later. so, save some money for the fund.  :laugh:

2nd edit: spelling and clarification

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Edited by eric_the_red (12/28/04 07:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: shroomery donations to the quake/tsunami victims [Re: eric_the_red]
    #3552848 - 12/28/04 02:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: shroomery donations to the quake/tsunami victims [Re: eric_the_red]
    #3553337 - 12/28/04 03:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Great! Like TheHateCamel pointed out we already got a thing going at present (on top of every forum) but the idea to go on an all-out rally sits fine with me!

I estimate the Shroomery community already raised $800-$1.200, yes that's our psychedelic people generating 2-4 manyears of local workforce in donations!

Just now I made good on my promise and donated my New Years Eve fireworks money that I saved up (50 Euro = $68) to the United Funds in Holland (www.giro555.nl) who allow online bank-to-bank transfers with no fuss (alas, Dutch banks only)

I linked up the action page with the International Red Cross - Red Crescent Donations Page but the Red Cross server is being bombed by an outpour of donations, so the page will be slow to load.
The tidal waves of death are followed by a tidal wave of Love by charity servers barely able to cope with an onslaught of donations :heart:

Let's do our part.
Let's show ourselves we're a respectable community and that we can raise funds for what the UN calls "one of the worst natural catastrophes in recorded history" without resorting to undignified scenes like having admins do lame parlour tricks and sending OTD-ers panhandling for dough :smile:

We already raised some $800-$1.200 in little over a day.
I L:heart:VE this Community!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: shroomery donations to the quake/tsunami victims [Re: Asante]
    #3676151 - 01/25/05 03:44 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I hope the money arrived where it should have.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom