Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Reality as a hologram
    #3517079 - 12/18/04 12:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

From http://twm.co.nz/hologram.html :

To make a hologram, the object to be photographed is first bathed in the light of a laser beam. Then a second laser beam is bounced off the reflected light of the first and the resulting interference pattern (the area where the two laser beams commingle) is captured on film. When the film is developed, it looks like a meaningless swirl of light and dark lines. But as soon as the developed film is illuminated by another laser beam, a three-dimensional image of the original object appears.
The three-dimensionality of such images is not the only remarkable characteristic of holograms. If a hologram of a rose is cut in half and then illuminated by a laser, each half will still be found to contain the entire image of the rose. Indeed, even if the halves are divided again, each snippet of film will always be found to contain a smaller but intact version of the original image. Unlike normal photographs, every part of a hologram contains all the information possessed by the whole.

--------------------------------------------

Many people say that reality is an illusion, and a hologram is a type of illusion. If each part of the hologram contains the information posessed by the whole that would also support the entire "we are all one being" theory us mushroomheads seem to love. So if when you take a flat image and shine a laser through it many dimensions are created (length, width, height, TIME) then it seems to me our reality could be created in a very similar fashion. And to bring mushroom into it again you notice that they alter our perceptions of all these dimensions and make us feel closer to god. Coincidence?

--------------------
]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Reality as a hologram [Re: Wysefool]
    #3517088 - 12/18/04 12:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

this has been posted and discussed extensively before but if anyone missed it check it out.

i love it.

the hologram is reality and the hologram is formed by the interesction of two beams of light or information. my interpretation is that the outgoing light beam comes from us, the external light beam or incoming light from god. where the two meet is how our reality is formed. all we need to do to make a completely new hologram is to change the output of our own end. change your output and you change your reality,

change your beliefs/conceptions/etc and make the world you want to see.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Reality as a hologram [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3517100 - 12/18/04 12:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Nice interpretation, I think I'll even adopt it as one of my own.

If god is a being of light and the sun is the source of light, then maybe it's the sun that's obscuring god from us (or the sun IS god?) The Aztecs sure thought so and they did pretty well for themselves...

Isn't there also something in the Gnostic books about beings living within planets (You'll have to excuse me I haven't read too much yet)

So maybe god lives within the sun as a means to make him untouchable by humans?

--------------------
]

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3517107 - 12/18/04 12:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

you lost me there man. light to me is a metaphor for conciousness or perception, because light is what all images and matter manifests or becomes visible in, and of course without something to percieve matter is not visible. so to me the light refers to the light of awareness of conciousness and not solar or radiant light,

and  the sun is not god... and im pretty sure god is not hiding in the sun...

:tongue2:

--------------------

Anonymous

#3517128 - 12/18/04 12:39 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

This is a very interesting topic.

Moonshoe, your interpretation seems to make sense. Apparently though in our current state we can't completely change the hologram because "you create your own reality" doesn't hold totally true. Although, it seems our beliefs affect our reality more than simply our thoughts. So I think there is a good portion of the hologram being formed by the "other" light coming from God or manifesting as the total sum of all other individual lights. Maybe as we evolve, and learn to create responsibly, our own light becomes more powerful and able to form more of the hologram until eventually we're forming nearly all of it.

Anonymous

#3517142 - 12/18/04 12:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

and the sun is not god...

But, as the saying goes, "as above, so below." The light that is consciousness or knowledge in the higher sense is reflected in the physical world. Suns seem to be required for life on planets. In that sense it's a provider for consciousness and at the same time a big ball of light. A bit symbolic eh? Perhaps the sun is an incarnate entity just like us?

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Reality as a hologram [Re: ]
    #3517145 - 12/18/04 12:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Haha, I know god living inside the sun sounds rediculous but truth can be stranger than fiction yknow. And who's to say the sun is not god? We all know that without the sun we'd die. Is there any reason the sun CAN'T be god?

--------------------
]

Anonymous

#3517149 - 12/18/04 12:48 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well I don't think our sun is God, but it could be seen as a god. Hell, I'm as grateful for Sol as I am for our "Mother" Earth. I do my best to worship it by soaking up it's rays and vitamins whenever possible. :smile:

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3517155 - 12/18/04 12:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"Is there any reason the sun CAN'T be god? "

is there any reason my hairbrush cant be god? or that pile of dog shit on the lawn?

not really, but the lack of a reason why not is not a reason why, so to speak.

god contains the enirety of existance wihtin himself, therefore to try to pin him down in any object or location is to ridiculously limit him. he is eternal and therefore not contained in any single thing.

--------------------

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #3517164 - 12/18/04 12:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So how can we and god both be shining light from different places?

In my belief your hairbrush can't be god because it's not living, that is it doesn't feed off other lifeforms. But the sun eats the darkness and the plants eat the sun and we eat the plants...

--------------------
]

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3517173 - 12/18/04 12:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"So how can we and god both be shining light from different places?"

ah and thats the next interesting thing, and it is in fact my philosophy that BOTH rays of light are in fact comiing from "us" its just that the one we percieve as internal is in fact coming from the ego, whereas the one we percieve as external is coming from those infinite realms of self we have temporarily blocked out by the formation of a limited ego. because we are in fact god, once we throw of our self limitations.

"In my belief your hairbrush can't be god because it's not living, that is it doesn't feed off other lifeforms. But the sun eats the darkness and the plants eat the sun and we eat the plants..."

normally i would refute an argument i dont agree with by selecting a faulty premise and pointing out why its faulty but ,,, your idea that god is the sun because it eats darkness is...

:crazy:

--------------------

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #3517187 - 12/18/04 01:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

LOL I don't actually believe god is the sun. I'm just throwing it out as a possibility. It's good to view things from every angle no matter how ludicrous the angle might be.

--------------------
]

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3517301 - 12/18/04 02:13 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

im not realy sure in what way that would be good

--------------------

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #3517362 - 12/18/04 02:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Because being narrow-minded breeds stupidity and hate? I'd think anybody who uses mushrooms would know this...

--------------------
]

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3517415 - 12/18/04 03:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

lol im not talking about being hatefull or narrow minded im just not sure of the benefit of looking at things from a 'ludicrous angle'

at least, not if you already know that angle is 'ludicrous'

but this is a silly argument because you dont really believe what im arguing about, ie: that the sun is god.

--------------------

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #3517448 - 12/18/04 03:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think I really believe anything....

I don't NOT believe that the sun is god :shrug:

--------------------
]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order