Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinealphaone
Big Detail
Male
Holographic Reality, looking beyond the veil of Maya?
    #2651129 - 05/07/04 06:12 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

During my several psilocybin trips one of the basic changes I noticed in my perception of the world has been that I start looking at things around myself as being some sort of real holograms. It's very hard to explain, but I guess everyone who has shroomed knows what I'm talking about. For instance, when watching TV or looking at a flower on the table, they look as if they're being projected from somewhere else, as if they are objects pervaded by some supernatural mind or force which creates them and sustains them in their shape and function. They are real, but at the same time they look like sophisticated projections. They are all illuminated with some bright light from within. Sometimes on the edges of an object I can notice bubbles (well, kind of), sometimes whole objects or the whole room looks so fluffy it reminds me of dreams or, even better, it reminds me of my waking state when I was a child. Perhaps we have different filters, different operating systems in our brains - then one we use while we are children, second when we grow up, some third when we dream... it seems psychedelics are able to switch off that primary adult operating system, and let us have a glimpse to reality through other operating systems..

Then, when I reflect upon that force I cannot help but feel that I am also a part of that force, maybe a part of the Creator itself.

The problem with this new perception, or operating systems, is twofold:

1. Is this perception only due to chemical changes in my brain and has nothing to do with the real reality? I.e. Is my brain just misinterpreting signals and creating some artificial, non-existent reality that, although looking more real and deeper than 'common' reality, is in fact the product of chemical intoxication and nothing more? In other words, is psychedelic reality a valid operating system which really enables one to observe deeper layers of reality, or is it just the everyday-life operating system that got broken down?

2. If this perception is not only a trick of the mind, of the brain chemistry, but is for real... then why am I feeling so hopeless in making any changes to it? I mean, if I am already out of the box, so to speak, and watching life unfolding as some sort of God's game, why am I given only this physical body which is capable of making changes to that world? I found out that I can't tamper with the hologram, I was only able to watch it.

Surprisingly enough, whenever I get high on weed now, I get some of that same feeling too. That's odd, I mean isn't weed supposed to have its own mechanism of changing conscioussness? Or does its effects depend upon those doors of perception we've already opened before with other psychedelics? Today I got high on weed, but I had a feeling of being high on shrooms + lsd. Funny eh? I don't even know how LSD high looks like, but something told me it should be similar to what I was feeling at the time. Do you think it was same laced weed or has this happend due to my previous experience with psilocybin?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMr_Gubjet

Loc: Infinitus Kosmos
Re: Holographic Reality, looking beyond the veil of Maya? [Re: alphaone]
    #2651235 - 05/07/04 06:36 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I think whatever is there, is there. Not any mystical holograms, just the basic rules of Nature.

Experiencing is true.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #2651294 - 05/07/04 06:50 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Check this page out http://www.pleiadianstar.com/humanreality.htm

It talks about what you have experienced. Read it with an open mind  :laugh:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Holographic Reality, looking beyond the veil of Maya? [Re: niteowl]
    #2651395 - 05/07/04 07:28 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i saw the holographic reality while meditating once. i asked a buhdsist teacher i know about it and he said i have a maximum of 7 lifetimes to go till i permentantly inhabit that realm according to the orthodox tradition. woot.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#2661015 - 05/10/04 07:09 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Perhaps we have different filters, different operating systems in our brains - then one we use while we are children, second when we grow up, some third when we dream... it seems psychedelics are able to switch off that primary adult operating system, and let us have a glimpse to reality through other operating systems.

I think you're pretty much on here. However, I think the basic nature of the psychadelic experience is that it strips away all of our filters for perceiving the world. Well, maybe not all of them, I suppose it's proportional to the type and intensity of the experience.

Or, since from what we can tell, psilocybin (or whichever indole ring psychadelic) replaces seratonin for a time in our neurotransmitters, the operating system analogy works too. Seratonin is our normal OS and the psychadelic chemicals are another.

I think by the very nature of the way our bodies are constructed, we perceive the 'ultimate nature of reality' through filters (ie: we can only perceive a tiny fraction of the light spectrum). And as we get older, we develop more and more thought grids and patterns to filter our experience so that we can become more proficient at all the things society demands of us.

The dream experience is hard to compare since, in dreams, we are not perceiving our physical environment but rather some kind of astral dreamscape.

Offlinethe universe
Harbinger ofEldritch Despair
Male

Loc: Under your bed
Re: Holographic Reality, looking beyond the veil of Maya? [Re: Viveka]
    #2661617 - 05/11/04 12:34 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I have to disagree with you on what you said about dreaming. When we're dreaming we are experiencing our physical environment. Our very being is intrinsically tied in with physical reality (as is everything else in my opinion). I mean, where's the cuttoff point? We have a thought that spawns from somewhere, that thought causes electrical and chemical reactions in our brain wich send a message through our nerves wich causes our muscles to move wich makes your hand grab a brick and throw it at a cop for example. So you are therefore attached to the cop in someway. Also our environment affects us in similar ways. Haven't you ever fell asleep with the T.V. on and had dreams that related to what was on T.V.? Basically what I'm trying to say is that conciousness, matter, energy, and whatever else are all attached so much as to be basically the same thing. There is nothing seperate from the "physical world".

--------------------
"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#2661678 - 05/11/04 01:06 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

alphaone said:

Surprisingly enough, whenever I get high on weed now, I get some of that same feeling too. That's odd, I mean isn't weed supposed to have its own mechanism of changing conscioussness? Or does its effects depend upon those doors of perception we've already opened before with other psychedelics? Today I got high on weed, but I had a feeling of being high on shrooms + lsd. Funny eh? I don't even know how LSD high looks like, but something told me it should be similar to what I was feeling at the time. Do you think it was same laced weed or has this happend due to my previous experience with psilocybin?

On that note- I am definitely "sensitive" to weed, from what i gather- in the same way you are. I even hallucinate on it.  The first time i got really high, i had strong hallucinations. I think that for some people it can be an amazing spiritual tool- apart from the hallucinations....try meditating next time you smoke out. i think you've got something there with your thought on going further through the doors of perception and noticing the effects on your daily life and your experiences with smoking out after your perception has changed....all these amazing plants are here to tell us something. We need to listen, respect them- and not be afraid. I don't have the chance to smoke or do shrooms much anymore but their spirit is with me nonetheless....i look forward to the next time though!
Namaste and good luck :mushroom2:.

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: Holographic Reality, looking beyond the veil of Maya? [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #2661736 - 05/11/04 01:35 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i think weed exists to stupify humans, thus making them a little more docile and by extension, a tiny bit happier. at least in my perception of the effects it has on poeple.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Holographic Reality, looking beyond the veil of Maya? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #2661770 - 05/11/04 01:57 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
i think weed exists to stupify humans, thus making them a little more docile and by extension, a tiny bit happier.  at least in my perception of the effects it has on poeple.

I think this is quite the generality, and lies the effects experienced on the drug itself, and not the person smoking it. I wouldn't consider people who get very paranoid to be all that happy. Obviously, it all depends on the mind of the person who is taking whatever psychadelic drug.

If marijuana did make people easier to manage, wouldn't the government be using it to control us more effectively, instead of banning its use? I always thought psychadelics were strictly prohibited because it opened people's minds to free thought, and sort of fucked up society's whole plan.. :mushroom2:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: Holographic Reality, looking beyond the veil of Maya? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2661838 - 05/11/04 02:36 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

like i said, i've only made that observation based on the poeple i watch smoke weed. myself doesn't count.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Holographic Reality, looking beyond the veil of Maya? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #2661866 - 05/11/04 03:03 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
like i said, i've only made that observation based on the poeple i watch smoke weed.  myself doesn't count.

Of course. But we can use other methods of building understanding to find out what is really going on, instead of just outside observation of certain people. :wink:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineThe_Visionaire
Torch

Loc: Indra's Net
    #2661976 - 05/11/04 04:35 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I would encourage anyone interested in the holographic nature of reality, both the human brain and the universe, to read Michael Talbot's "The Holographic Universe". The book focuses on psychic phenomena, synchronicities, "miracles" and physics and tries to put it together in a coherent way.

Check it out: http://twm.co.nz/holoUni.html

Fireworks god: Don't miss the feast 16/17.may 'fore you leave!
For the full psychedelic experience: Munch some shrooms, grab a flag and go roaming through the streets, shouting "hurra!!"  :cool: :rockon:

--------------------
There are no differences between men and gods,
one blends softly causal into the other.
-Frank Herbert, Dune.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Holographic Reality, looking beyond the veil of Maya? [Re: The_Visionaire]
    #2662106 - 05/11/04 06:53 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The_Visionaire said:
Fireworks god: Don't miss the feast 16/17.may 'fore you leave!
For the full psychedelic experience: Munch some shrooms, grab a flag and go roaming through the streets, shouting "hurra!!"  :cool: :rockon:

Hehe, we're taking a trip on a ship to Denmark and back, and it pulls up in Bergen on Monday morning! We're going to stay there for awhile and then come back to Flat?y for the celebrations here, and then for a traditional dinner... I don't know if we're going back to Bergen for the fireworks (:evil:) or not, but that would kick ass if we were. :wink:

I don't know where to get any mushrooms, or I probably would... I'd take 'em at night though so no one could tell, seeings as how my mom is going to be here and everything. :grin: Maybe I could find some growing somewhere... are they around n??

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineThe_Visionaire
Torch

Loc: Indra's Net
Re: Holographic Reality, looking beyond the veil of Maya? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2662123 - 05/11/04 07:08 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

-Maybe I could find some growing somewhere... are they around n??

No, not before autumn of course... You'll just have to grow them yourself after the police recently shut down the only legal web-shop that was selling shrooms :mad:

Rock on man, and do your thing :headbang:

--------------------
There are no differences between men and gods,
one blends softly causal into the other.
-Frank Herbert, Dune.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Holographic Reality, looking beyond the veil of Maya? [Re: The_Visionaire]
    #2662201 - 05/11/04 07:43 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Hehe, well hell then, I'll just have to enjoy it all unaltered... :grin: Leaving the next day too, the 18th.. I'll be missing this place!

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale