Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecplotnik
Stranger
JARS! plz respond!
    #350504 - 06/28/01 01:29 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I'm a newbie to mush growing. i'm using Shroom Wizard's tek, if that makes a difference. I inoculated my jars about 6 weeks ago and don't have SHIT ALL growing. I did, however leave the 3 syringes I used (i made 24 jars) in a drawer for three months at room temperature. I think they died in that time. I've just recently learned that the fresher the spores the faster the growth. My question is could I use the same jars to grow new myceliem with new spores? With other species of spores? I'm fairly certain that the spores I used have been dead for a while so I don't think they'll conflict with any new spores I might add. If anyone can help me out, great! Thanks! PS. Has this ever happened to anyone else before?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewind_wraith
veteran
Re: JARS! plz respond! [Re: cplotnik]
    #350512 - 06/28/01 01:51 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Heh, yeah that makes a BIG f*cking difference. I've said this about a dozen times in the last two weeks: the Shroom Wizard's Grow Guide is crap. Nothing against Shroom Wizard himself, but if you follow his tek you're just wasting time and money. Boiling your jars for only 20 minutes will not kill off some varieties of bacteria, which will take over your substrate before you even see any mycelium growth. Removing the lids of your jars when innoculating will expose your substrate to all kinds of unwanted organisms. It's no surprise at all that you haven't seen any growth. My advice: start over, using the MMGG (you can find it in the Grow/Find section here on the Shroomery), and you'll do fine. No, don't waste more spores on those jars; if you can't see any mycelium from your first innoculation then either a) your substrate recipe is just totally funky, or b) they're teeming with bacteria. Hope this helps,

WW

--------------------
I am a figment of my own imagination
http://go.to/FreeSporeRing

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: JARS! plz respond! [Re: wind_wraith]
    #350513 - 06/28/01 01:55 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

> the Shroom Wizard's Grow Guide is crap.
Yeah, now we are talking!
The tek is bullshitt. It might have worked for the author, but I haven?t read about more than two other people for which it has worked.
I emailed 3Dshroom and Thor about writing an appropriate warning comment to the tek, that it?s not suitable for newbies.

---------------------------------------
kickme.to/mushrooms

OfflineMattyB
enthusiast
    #350599 - 06/28/01 07:05 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

My buddy has tried Shroom Wizard's tek and hasn't succeeded either. I'd suggest that if you want to do the MMGG tek, you should probably just use the PF Tek instead since it's pretty much the same. I've done both and the PF Tek is the way to go, especially if you're a beginner. Using this tek you'll also get no-nonsense instructions without all those ridiculous add-on notes. You'll find it at www.fanaticus.com

OfflineRICHSPROACHING
Loc: FLORIDA
    #350618 - 06/28/01 08:14 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

so many people have said that they have had very bad luck with the shroom wizard's guide....well i'm in the process of using his guide and have seen great results so far.....i am also a first time grower and my jars are growing their nice thick mold. in about one and a half more weeks it will be time for me to let them fruit.........if you are having problems with his tek...email him...he is very helpful....he helped me out a lot........good luck

OPEN UP YOUR MIND AND LET ME PEEK INSIDE

--------------------
OPEN UP YOUR MIND AND LET ME PEEK INSIDE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures