Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOldschoolSplash
Stranger
Greetings and Tips for the cube hunters from 25 yr experience....
    #3487019 - 12/12/04 04:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

HI everyone,

My first post here and I wanted to say very nice forum. As a south Louisiana resdent most of my life, I have plenty to offer to these forums.

Time to look.....
In cultivation one tries to keep the chamber through a damnp/almost dry/damp cycle. This with the light for the initial key to pinning are very importamt. That being said, slight temperature drops (as with the rains/showers) also trigger.

Conclusion: Gulf ooast optimal is spring and late fall. However they can grow ANYTIME when condiions are right. Several days of cool(even warm someimes) but humid weather with off and on rain/sun is the time to start looking.

Early morning after a warmfront (spring) or coolfront (autumn) and for about 2-4 days after, even tho it's cold or hot. Once they pop up they must grow (few hours to days to maturatiy). If it remains humid , more are surely popping up under the shade of the first flush.

Mid-summer heat can dry them out fast so later in the day the less likly. This is one advantage to spring and fal huting.

I've seen cubensis flush wild in Jan ad Feb outside, not often but it happens.

Grain fed beef cattle (Angus and Brahmans) are best bets.

Just wanted I give a tibit to start my intro, but my interest are in all things mind opening).

I'd love to attempt any helpful answers or advice!

Peace... Splash

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Greetings and Tips for the cube hunters from 25 yr experience.... [Re: OldschoolSplash]
    #3487045 - 12/12/04 04:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Good advice, but I just wanted to dispell one rumor that seems to be popular. It is not important what cattle are fed. What is important is that cattle have a special type of digestive system that doesnt have that harsh acids that most animals use to digest their food, and the spores are able to survive.

What it all comes down to: as long as the cows are pooping, cubes can grow.

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Greetings and Tips for the cube hunters from 25 yr experience.... [Re: Gumby]
    #3488003 - 12/12/04 08:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, here's a question I have been wondering. Do they need the "cow" poo,
or will they grow in the woods on or near deer poo and such. Or even on the edge of the water on decomposing wood?
Thank you for your enlightenment, both, I have learned alot.

:peace:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Edited by LouiseLouise (12/12/04 08:39 PM)

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: Greetings and Tips for the cube hunters from 25 yr experience.... [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #3488012 - 12/12/04 08:40 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You will never find cubes in the woods unless theres cows in the woods.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Greetings and Tips for the cube hunters from 25 yr experience.... [Re: sui]
    #3488521 - 12/12/04 10:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

hehehehe!

Good response.

and to the poser. No they are not really a wood myushroom although they have been found fruiting ibn Horse manure mixed with stable shavings, but it is probably not the wood they feed off. Probably like a conducter allowing mycelium to continue upwards ont he decaying wood.

And Louise, although Richard Evans Schultes mebntioned too me in a PC, that it was possible the cubes could grow on deer poo, it is like rabbit shit and I do not know how it could support the weight of the cubes.

Although I have seen panaeolus on deer dropings, but that is extremely rare and so far no literature showing them on deer poo. I just posted images of them growing on elephant shit from Thailand.

mj

and have a shroomy day

OfflineOldschoolSplash
Stranger
Re: Greetings and Tips for the cube hunters from 25 yr experience.... [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3494143 - 12/13/04 08:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The point of the grainfed cattlw has more to do with spore dispersion and a little about nutrition the shrooms like.

splash
h

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Greetings and Tips for the cube hunters from 25 yr experience.... [Re: OldschoolSplash]
    #3494232 - 12/13/04 08:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

In Hawaii, studies by me, Merlin, Gartz and Stijve showed that shrooms Copelandia's grown in grain fed cattle were n more potent that those appearing int he alfalfa fed grassland cattle.

And spores are notr only dispersed by the wind but from cattle eating shrooms int he grasses and from manure falling on gblades of gerass with spores ont hem as I have shown in other posts of grass blades of both copes and cubes. The spores are in one area wghere the shrooms came up and deposits are on grasses, the cattle come along and shiit and six weeks later or so, the shrooms will fruit, but only if weather conditions are right.

And cattle are moved from paddock to paddock and field to field to graze and often are back in the samed fields form six weeks or so before.

Also shrooms apparently do not grow from the manure of young calves. This was also studied at Meadogold Farm and at Kualoa Ranch on Oahu Island and the Diamond ranch on Maui and the Parker Rannch on the Big Island of hawaii.

mj

have a shroomy day

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck