Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHughHefner
No, Really!! I'mHugh Hefner
Loc: Middle of the Ocean
WOW, 1 gram rocked me
    #3433381 - 12/01/04 05:15 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well, its Wednesday and I had the day off work. I thought this morning I would take just 1 gram to get a small buzz and work on my Linux server. I took them at 11am and 30 min after I took them I started to feel it. 90 min later I was rocked, couldn't even think of working on the server anymore. I did have a few things to do work related and those were just racing through my head. All these responsibilities I was supposed to take care of wouldn't leave me alone. I got myself into the "KGB files" on SciFi until I came down. Its now 5pm and I have come down for the most part, but man, that wasn't very fun.

Let me say this, I am a Acid kid from 10 years ago. Did lots of it. I had done shrooms a few times, but not many till I started growing. I had my first flush 2 weeks ago and took them 2 times since then(today being the second). About 15 wet grams the first time and 1 dry gram today.

Now, here is my questions. Do you think it would have been a bad trip had I taken more than 1 gram today? Are these things really that potent or do you think it was because I had things to do normal life related? I dont think I would clasify today as a bad trip, just not a good one. I have had a couple bad trips and talked plenty of people down from them in the past. When I used to do acid I could just take a half hit to get a good body buzz and still function normally. I could zone into my computer work with no problem. I would actually get a lot done. Guess that was my thinking here. Just wanted a slight buzz and to zone into my work.

Sorry for the long post and I hope I got it in the right forum.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Re: WOW, 1 gram rocked me [Re: HughHefner]
    #3433407 - 12/01/04 05:24 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

1g makes me trip too, no visuals just the feelings. On 4th of july i triped off 1.2 and had a ball watching the fireworks. Im sure it wasnt fun because you were watching tv. I find anything you need to concentrate on makes the trip on shrooms not as well like computers, tv, driving.

--------------------
My YouTube channel
Items i use and recommend https://kit.com/MyersMushrooms

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #3433409 - 12/01/04 05:24 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I gm of a strain I used to grow would give me a strong trip so yes, it is possible. You may have gotten ahold of an extra potent shroom. BTW, it's "fleas" not "flees"

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineHughHefner
Re: WOW, 1 gram rocked me [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3433511 - 12/01/04 05:47 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

hehe, thanks for the grammer check.

Guess I will have to write off using them the way I did acid. That was when I first started in computers and man, I learned a whole lot while on acid and working. I really enjoyed the first trip on shrooms, but then I wasn't trying to do anything other than party. Thanks for the input. Peace

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #3436406 - 12/02/04 10:20 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Do you think it would have been a bad trip had I taken more than 1 gram today? Are these things really that potent or do you think it was because I had things to do normal life related? I dont think I would clasify today as a bad trip, just not a good one.

The real Hugh Hefner? Wow :grin:

One gram of Cubies can easily contain 12mg of Psilocybin. Beyond 8-10mg you pass a treshold from moderate effects into strong effects. This literally means (almost nobody realizes that) that one gram of mushrooms can hit you just as hard psychologically as 10 grams.

Beyond 8-10mg (in the average user) deep undercurrents within you can get tripped into consciousness. What that means is that usually 1gr is reasonably mild BUT! on occasion it can hit you hardor very hard, including visuals, royal confusion, beastly anxiety and the whole package of a bad trip.

If you had taken more there would've been more confusion and hallucination which could've made it more unpleasant. (what you would call a Bad Trip)

What likely happened to you is that a moderate dose of mushrooms combined with set, setting etc brought out a pre-existing undercurrent within you which cranked up the Trippiness and turned it somewhat unpleasant. Perhaps somewhat more uncomfortable then you are telling... a friend of mine cried to Jesus for Mercy on 1.5gr while he had tripped for years on end before.

People are horribly casual about mushrooms, but they forget that even smaller doses are the real 4-HO-DMT which is every bit The Real Thing as LSD. Mushrooms are fullblown psychedelics of the greatest force.

Your "slight buzz" might have come about in the 0.25-0.5gr range, but even then it's THE REAL THING.
Remember there's 10 years more of you to trip with and that profundity of trips increases with age and experience if you do it right.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Offlinedave5264
Stranger
Re: WOW, 1 gram rocked me [Re: Asante]
    #3436480 - 12/02/04 10:53 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

hes right, thats a good analysis

this is a little off the subject, but wiccan, did you read that tripping manual and know its concepts fairly well?

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: WOW, 1 gram rocked me [Re: dave5264]
    #3438587 - 12/02/04 06:31 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

this is a little off the subject, but wiccan, did you read that tripping manual and know its concepts fairly well?

Yup, read and re-read the entire thing and printed it out fullsize.

Some of their concepts I do not agree on (most notably the high dosages policy fashionable in those early days which are OK in LSD Psychotherapy but not in user situations)
So shoot! Penny for your thoughts!

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3438788 - 12/02/04 07:11 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Wiccan, I think that was a very good analysis, but there is another aspect to it that I've come across in my own experiences.

I find that if I take a smaller dose of mushrooms, I have a very heavy and confusing trip.. but if I take an eighth (my usual dose) I only have anxiety and confusion until the peak, at which point I overcome the anxiety and confusion (call it something like ego loss if you're into that definition) and end up in a very euphoric state that I can not achieve with slightly lower doses.

Edit: Or, to be a bit more clear: I actually NEED it to be intense enough to scare me to the point of direct confrontation--at which point I overcome my own anxiety and fears and end up in a nirvana-like state.

OfflineHughHefner
    #3441370 - 12/03/04 10:47 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Great information people. Thank you much. I wont be taking them again till I go to Mexico at the end of this month. I figured this happened because I had things to do and shrooms affect me different than acid did. I'll not do them in that way again. Meaning to zone into my work. When I go to Mexico, we are taking a trip to a secluded area of beach and doing them there. Nothing to do but trip and explore. I think we will take about 2 grams each(my wife and I). Thanks again everyone

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience