Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
Wow, what happened?
    #1115417 - 12/05/02 10:22 PM (14 years, 2 days ago)

I don't really know what happened last night. I have been very busy these past few weeks with term papers for school and I have finals to prepare for next week. I was up for around 36 - 40 hours and was completely fried. Being that I just finished a 13 page and 5 page term paper I celebrated by eating about 1 gram of shrooms (cubes) and smoking a lot of pot. I smoked myself to different places. I set up two big floor speakers on my ground and put on Are you Shpongled?

Now, I bought the two Shpongle CDs and loved them but never listened to them while I was on drugs. The album sounded so different during my state of mind than it ever did sober. I was amazed at the closed eye visuals. Laying on my floor, in complete darkness, I saw things that I couldn't describe. The one thing I kept thinking was, "I've been here before! I've definetly been here before!" Then it felt like this force was welcoming me somehow. It was scary and exhilerating at the same time and just kept intesifying. I got to a point where my body and my mind felt like a rock being blown by gusts of wind. Then something happenend. I shut the music off and was hearing all kinds of noises and seeing things on the walls. I wasn't myself anymore. It felt like I was shot out of canon but was still in a physical realm to passively observe. It was as if I saw everything single working of my mind and why I function the way I do. In the end it really skrewed my head up because of the things it showed me but its for the better. It's like having your soul sent through the ringer and kicked against a wall.

Question is, was I near ego-loss or just stoned. I'm still scattered from last night. Shpongle definetly sent me into the oblivion however. That band is truly amazing.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Wow, what happened? [Re: YellowSubmarine]
    #1115463 - 12/05/02 10:43 PM (14 years, 2 days ago)

Told ya.

During what part of which track did "something happen" right before you turned off the music?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (12/05/02 10:47 PM)

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Re: Wow, what happened? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1115488 - 12/05/02 10:52 PM (14 years, 2 days ago)

I "think" I turned it off right before Shpongle Spores. I listen to the songs now and I don't recall anything. Simon Posford and Raja Ram were controlling my brain for 30 minutes then it just got too overwhelming.

Something happened about 5 minutes before I shut it off. I think it was 5 minutes. time was strange

the one thing that sticks out the most however was that feeling as if I visited this place in my mind before. It felt so familiar yet so foreign. Then I got to thinking today, I heard people make comparisons to tripping on hallucinagens, to that of being a small child. When you're that young, your brain is so fresh that it can't fully assimilate sensory information so it's all jumbled up like a trip...

any thoughts..

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Wow, what happened? [Re: YellowSubmarine]
    #1115522 - 12/05/02 11:10 PM (14 years, 2 days ago)

Well the feeling of deja-vu dominates many of my trips, and those of many people I know - thats certainly not unusual - once you get used to taking psychedelics, when you start a trip its like "woohoooo welcome back!!!! lets seee... where were we?"

Your brain starts to recognize this mushroom "operating system" as the trip picks up, and has become familiar with it, so even if you're used to tripping at your friend's house or whatever and you're tripping at home this time, you'll still get that "I'm very familiar with this situation" feeling.

And yes its exactly like childhood! You see that face on the cover of both of those CDs? Did you notice you were making that face? That is a look of complete AWE and AMAZEMENT that Shpongle has perfected complimenting.

So the end of track 3 you turned it off....... track three's roughly 10 minutes long.. oh hehe lol yeah track 3 (Vapour Rumours, not sure about spelling) is definitely a monster :smile:

Wait until you hear the last three tracks in that state (Christ on a JETSKI, it gets wild!!)

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
says right there on their website, "Shpongle is a place..."

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1115551 - 12/05/02 11:27 PM (14 years, 2 days ago)

oh wow I just realized something pretty funny :smile:

Dude..... about 5 minutes into track 3 (also about 5 minutes away from the END, when you turned it off..) is when the aliens attack dude, remember? There's that sample: "Wait!! Something is happening!!" and then a whole shitload of "something" starts happening.

I find it amazing you said that about 5 minutes before track 4 "something happened"

Thats kind of the idea - the audio gets very intense and highly complex after that :smile:

--------------------

Edited by Strumpling (12/05/02 11:34 PM)

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

#1116394 - 12/06/02 07:22 AM (14 years, 2 days ago)

Oh shit. I didn't even realize that.  :tongue:That is pretty funny when I look back on it.

:grin:I love this band.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Shpongle

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience