Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Growing mycelium in Karo, at wich temperature?
    #3402600 -

Hello all,

I cannot find at which tempearture I must store my freshly inoculated jar with Karowater.
Should i just put it in my TiT?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing mycelium in Karo, at wich temperature? [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3402602 -

In the fridge :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing mycelium in Karo, at wich temperature? [Re: aussieone]
    #3402604 -

Really? I thought that was to put it when its like finished colonising?
Hm so I take my karowater, inoculate it, and then in the fridge it goes?

Ok 2morrow a syringe arrives will try the karo thing!

But amazing that mycelium is growing in there at that low temperatures...

Thanx! :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing mycelium in Karo, at wich temperature? [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3402619 -

After you inoculate your Karo water... incubate at 86 F till it stops growing.
Then in the fridge till you need it!

Should look something like this when done.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing mycelium in Karo, at wich temperature? [Re: Shdwstr]
    #3402624 -

Ahhhh, I knew it! No incubation in fridge nono Aussie! :grin:

Thanx Shdwstr!

I was wondering if other syrups will work as well. Like maple syrup or rice syrup.
But will test that!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing mycelium in Karo, at wich temperature? [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3402712 -

Thats how we learn  :smile:
You test... then tell everyone!

Have Fun  :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing mycelium in Karo, at wich temperature? [Re: Shdwstr]
    #3402720 -

Thank you man...

That Maple syrup actually is from Canada, ever tried it?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing mycelium in Karo, at wich temperature? [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3402734 -


76 to 82F  :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing mycelium in Karo, at wich temperature? [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3402753 -

MushroomFriend said:
That Maple syrup actually is from Canada, ever tried it?



Of course... We pour it right on the FSRC Headquarters walls and eat it like a snowcone  :laugh:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing mycelium in Karo, at wich temperature? [Re: Shdwstr]
    #3402755 -

hehe lol and I wear wooden shoes and have tulips in my hair :laugh: I mean if u tried to grow some mycelium in it?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing mycelium in Karo, at wich temperature? [Re: agar]
    #3402763 -

Hey Agarilla! :p

I hear different temps now, u say 82-84, Mr Maple says 86. What is true ? :wink:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing mycelium in Karo, at wich temperature? [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3402772 -

What is that on the lid of that jar Agar, some type of heating device?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing mycelium in Karo, at wich temperature? [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3402773 -

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: No, haven't tried it... I have to leave something for you to experiment with. Don't want you to get bored.

PS.  Agars' temps are good too. I just prefer the higher temps that match the strains parameter requirments.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing mycelium in Karo, at wich temperature? [Re: Shdwstr]
    #3402820 -

Lol thanks!

In fact I am somewhat bored, waiting for those years taking jars to colonise!!
I bough tsome rye and corn syrup this afternoon.

Tomorrow a new syringe will arrive so I can test practice and experiment again! :laugh:

*EDIT*
Forgot to ask a thing, those PF jars some are so slow in colonising (I guess I know why) that I wanna take one and take a piece of mycelium and put that in the karowater. Will that work?


--------------------

Edited by MushroomFriend (11/24/04 09:00 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing mycelium in Karo, at wich temperature? [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3402959 -

>>> ...take a piece of mycelium and put that in the karowater. Will that work?

I wouldn't... but then again... I'm not bored  :lol:
Try it :smile:  That's how you learn  :wink:

Edited by Shdwstr (11/24/04 09:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing mycelium in Karo, at wich temperature? [Re: Shdwstr]
    #3403054 -

LoL :laugh:

But ur right, I might give it a shot Ill see, I am afraid the cake will be tossed anyway otherwise..


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing mycelium in Karo, at wich temperature? [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3403514 -

Yes you can put a peice of myc in the karo water but it cant be from an already birthed jars as there are probably mold spores on it..you need to take it from a cake still in the jar. YOu can do it from an already birthed cake but dip it in straight 3% h202 first..take a small peice of the cake (dime sized or half a dime size) and dip it in like 10ccs. Leave it in for only about 10 seconds then dump the whole thing, h202, myc and all into the liquid culture. This must be done in an absolutly sterilized place like a glove box or a flowhood.

By the way, the temp thing. Mycelium likes 86 degrees for colonizing. It produces some heat however so you can often put the temp lower and the myc will produce the other 2 degrees or so. You don't want to be over 86 though which is why putting things at 86 degrees can be worse then 82 degrees even though its lower. Liquid cultures probably don't produce as much heat as colonizing substrate however so could be stored at 86 without a problem. I would still have it at 84 though because thats what my tub in tubs are.


--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Edited by scatmanrav (11/24/04 12:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing mycelium in Karo, at wich temperature? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3403927 -

Thanks scatman! Tomorrow ill be going 4 gold again! (lol with golden teacher ofcourse) :laugh:
I just put them in my TiT then where it is between 82 and 86.

Another question I have some tiny jars in mind for my Karo they can contain 125 cc. How much air should I leave above the karowater between the lid and surface? I hope not too much so its easy to put the needle in it later. :wink:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing mycelium in Karo, at wich temperature? [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3403953 -

very little however if you plan on injecting fresh karo water to keep your cultures going then you'll need to keep that in mind. I use 60cc syringes at a time so I need to be able to inject 60cc's on top of what I already have in there. I end up tilting the jars to the side to suck it out because the needle doesnt reach all the way.


--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Growing mycelium in Karo, at wich temperature? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3404057 -

Thats good news, so for ongoing cultures Ill use some larger jars.
After how many weeks/ days are you adding karowater again?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Slow growing mycelium J_Twista 2,582 4 06/16/01 04:49 PM
by Anno
* Fast growing Mycelium or mold L3D 3,828 4 07/02/01 03:06 PM
by L3D
* Re: Why do I want to grow mycelium on Agar?? Anonymous 2,747 3 02/13/00 04:07 PM
by AnubisRonin
* Using RICE MILK to grow mycelium/mushrooms??????
( 1 2 all )
jokerGD 5,313 24 03/05/18 10:19 AM
by Shroomarican
* Slow growing mycelium FlyinBryan69 1,459 3 06/19/01 11:04 PM
by Zen Peddler
* Complete Professional Growing Tek
( 1 2 3 all )
bluhoney 24,235 43 04/15/24 03:10 PM
by stasis
* GROWING????? TEXACE 923 7 02/07/02 03:45 PM
by fresh357
* How Do I Keep Temperature Optimal ? Fd3000 1,768 5 05/17/02 08:57 AM
by TeRzMaStA

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,238 topic views. 9 members, 50 guests and 125 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.