Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
I made my first terrarium (PMP tek) ....
    #3360187 -

... and boy was that a learning experience. No matter how much I had thought it through prior, it meant nothing until I was executing it in my house with my supplies.

Of course there were some inevitable rough spots as I went through the process; although I ran it through my head so much I didn't even need the directions. In the end I think I have it set up decently. I still need to seal the tubes from the air pump up a little better. I thought I'd be tricky and do it with wax, bad idea. It just doesn't stay in one piece well enough when surrounding an occasionally moving tube. What do you guys suggest I use to seal around the entry spots of the tube, primarily on the filter (polyfil) I made as I worry I'm losing pressure a lot there still? Also, how tight do you pack the polyfil? Very loose or crammed right in there?

I have one cake that is ahead of the bunch (Pink Thai Buffalo). I dunked it and rolled it in Verm. The rest, 4 more, should be ready to go in about 3-4 days. I lost one to complete non-colonization; I had 6 total. Another small mistake I made was I thought I might sterilize the jar lid in the oven with the verm. Obviously I was forgetting about the rubber seal. It cooked right off and flaked away no problem so I still used it, filled with verm of course. Another little pile of verm on top and she is ready to go.

I have one 8" airstone in the bottom and am using Perlite. I have about 1.5" of Perlite and about a 1/4" to 1/2" of standing water in there. I have a hygrometer in there but I had to get to work before it had really sat very long. I'll be checking it on my lunch break to see the RH. I have a spray bottle ready if needed but I think I should be fine from what I've read.

I would love any comments on my procedure or suggestions on anything at all. I'm very excited and worried about contams all at the same time. I did notice the tiniest spot of bruising from the dunking process, but that's fine right? I would love to take pics for everyone to comment on but I have no digi camera abilities, not even a phone that can.


Thanks for all the help.  :crazy2:


--------------------
You've raped! I feel dirty
It hurt! As a child
Tied down! That's a good boy
And fucked! Your own child
I scream! No one hears me
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching
Mommy why?! Your own child -Korn

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I made my first terrarium (PMP tek) .... [Re: Tripster]
    #3360522 -

I personally like glue gun for sealing stuff. Since it's not really much pressure you are dealing with, you can probably get away with just about any glue. I'd stay away from elmers, though.

Good luck

Sam


--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I made my first terrarium (PMP tek) .... [Re: Sam1912]
    #3360943 -

Sam1912 said:
I personally like glue gun for sealing stuff. Since it's not really much pressure you are dealing with, you can probably get away with just about any glue. I'd stay away from elmers, though.

Good luck

Sam


You know I do think I have some caulking around my house somewhere. That should work fine right? I can't imagine why not. Any other comments/suggestions on things from anyone?


--------------------
You've raped! I feel dirty
It hurt! As a child
Tied down! That's a good boy
And fucked! Your own child
I scream! No one hears me
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching
Mommy why?! Your own child -Korn

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I made my first terrarium (PMP tek) .... [Re: Tripster]
    #3361020 -

Caulking should be fine. Glue gun would probably be better tho.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I made my first terrarium (PMP tek) .... [Re: jonas]
    #3361202 -

jonas said:
Caulking should be fine. Glue gun would probably be better tho.


What does a glue gun run and where are they sold typically? If it's the weapon of choice I'll pick one up, assuming it's within my budget.




SO do I have a decent set up otherwise, from the sounds of things?


--------------------
You've raped! I feel dirty
It hurt! As a child
Tied down! That's a good boy
And fucked! Your own child
I scream! No one hears me
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching
Mommy why?! Your own child -Korn

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I made my first terrarium (PMP tek) .... [Re: Tripster]
    #3361221 -

u can buy a glue gun at wall mart home depot k mart almost any where in the craft section usually. they are only a couple of dollars

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I made my first terrarium (PMP tek) .... [Re: intrigue]
    #3361661 -

intrigue said:
u can buy a glue gun at wall mart home depot k mart almost any where in the craft section usually. they are only a couple of dollars


Alright. Thank you.

So I'm guessing I have an absolute perfect terrarium otherwise from the lack of other comments.


--------------------
You've raped! I feel dirty
It hurt! As a child
Tied down! That's a good boy
And fucked! Your own child
I scream! No one hears me
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching
Mommy why?! Your own child -Korn

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I made my first terrarium (PMP tek) .... [Re: Tripster]
    #3361704 -

i don't have much experience with the PmP but it sounds OK i use silicone 2 caulking for all my sealing needs. smells like a bitch but its is waterproof and flexible forever

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I made my first terrarium (PMP tek) .... [Re: intrigue]
    #3361950 -

intrigue said:
i don't have much experience with the PmP but it sounds OK i use silicone 2 caulking for all my sealing needs. smells like a bitch but its is waterproof and flexible forever


I'll have to see what the caulking I have at home is and go from there. I checked the humidity on lunch and it's at 90% now. Not quite where I want it but getting there. It's been about 8 hours though, do you think there's any chance on it going up more still?


--------------------
You've raped! I feel dirty
It hurt! As a child
Tied down! That's a good boy
And fucked! Your own child
I scream! No one hears me
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching
Mommy why?! Your own child -Korn

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I made my first terrarium (PMP tek) .... [Re: Tripster]
    #3361979 -

with my PMP i just made the holes the right size :o no caulk or anything needed. but hotglue or caulk or epoxy.. anything really that would fill it up, though its not gonna matter a whole lot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I made my first terrarium (PMP tek) .... [Re: lesstutrey]
    #3362071 -

What about this question, I know I typed a novel so it probably got overlooked.

Quote:
Also, how tight do you pack the polyfil? Very loose or crammed right in there?




--------------------
You've raped! I feel dirty
It hurt! As a child
Tied down! That's a good boy
And fucked! Your own child
I scream! No one hears me
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching
Mommy why?! Your own child -Korn

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I made my first terrarium (PMP tek) .... [Re: Tripster]
    #3388388 -

Why get a glue gun? For 2-3.00 you can buy a tube of silicone gel at like walmart. Waterproof+airtight seal. Humidity and movement wotn have an effect on it.


Kido


--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

"A is A" -Aristotle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I made my first terrarium (PMP tek) .... [Re: Tripster]
    #3388390 -

Why get a glue gun? For 2-3.00 you can buy a tube of silicone gel at like walmart. Waterproof+airtight seal. Humidity and movement wont have an effect on it.


Kido


--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

"A is A" -Aristotle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I made my first terrarium (PMP tek) .... [Re: call_me_kido]
    #3388391 -

double post...........................................................................

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I made my first terrarium (PMP tek) .... [Re: KyKid]
    #3388500 -

How did u get that chick to let you write that on her ass?LOL  :cheers:  She must be getting royalties.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I made my first terrarium (PMP tek) .... [Re: metallicarules]
    #3388524 -

You should see mycotopias picture contests.


--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I made my first terrarium (PMP tek) .... [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3388533 -

it was just a fun night with some nitrous and alot of shrooms. once i told her about the shroomery helping me along my way. she was al for representing the shroomery, but once i told her were i wanted to write it at she had a different opinion on it. but a few hours later she was roaring to go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I made my first terrarium (PMP tek) .... [Re: KyKid]
    #3388568 -

This is the only message board i've seen where they dont erase those. The shroomery kicks ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Targa's "Terrarium Toaster" Tek Targa 836 4 04/05/02 02:58 AM
by Roadkill
* Fish tank for terrarium davikosack 1,769 3 11/18/02 10:11 PM
by Shaw
* ***The JFI TEK*** Pic inculded
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 7,465 34 01/23/04 09:04 PM
by simplemachine
* First time bulk tek: Where can to get straw, etc.. online? Terrarium_Guy 965 1 07/05/02 03:04 PM
by Terrarium_Guy
* Humidity Teks for Terrarium Jordo 1,774 9 04/01/03 03:42 AM
by Jordo
* shroomWizard's tek revisted psylo330 3,624 2 07/12/01 12:05 PM
by psylo330
* INTRO. of casing to TERRARIUM ergotlust 582 2 07/09/02 11:37 AM
by Anno
* detailed printing tek... auto59009 6,942 10 07/20/01 06:27 PM
by patzee

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,416 topic views. 20 members, 151 guests and 290 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.