Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBlueMan
Stranger
Contaminated Spores???
    #337212 - 06/07/01 05:18 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Okak, is it okay to make a print from a mushroom whose casing had a little green mold on it? The mushroom was small (about 1") but it was the sole surviver of this one strain I want to keep. Will the spores be contaminated? I figured i'd give it a try and see but i just wanted to know if anyone else had tried it. thanks a bunch for your help

I've done the math enough to know, the dangers of our second guessings doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication

--------------------
I've done the math enough to know, the dangers of our second guessings doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineegolesss
veteran
Re: Contaminated Spores??? [Re: BlueMan]
    #338809 - 06/12/01 12:26 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

If you can see green mold that means the green mold spores are everywhere. It would be risky and factoring the cost of rice, verm and time, I would spend the 10-15 buck on a new syringe or print........

Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy.....

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Contaminated Spores??? [Re: egolesss]
    #338849 - 06/12/01 01:47 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

true.

---------------------------------------
kickme.to/mushrooms

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #338889 - 06/12/01 03:19 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Want to make that print usefull ?
Pasteurize some dung, open a hole in your backyard and go outdoor growing with the print, what can you loose ?

Cheers,
MAIA

== :) Spread the Spores :) ==

== :) Free the Spores :) ==
Support the FSR

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleMy Third Eye
old hand

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Contaminated Spores??? [Re: MAIA]
    #338915 - 06/12/01 04:55 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

you wanna make sure your whole terrarium is spic and span before the caps to develope when making a print..if you notice after a couple of weeks the smell of the perlite changes..this is bacteria..its everywhere..just because your casings and cakes do not contaminate doesnt mean its not there..

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

--------------------
suddenly a flaming stealth banana split the sky
like one would hope but never really expect
to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime
and stopping right at my Birkenstocks,
and me yelping...Holy fucking shit!

OfflineNeonBlack
enthusiast
    #339124 - 06/12/01 01:31 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

If you suspect that your print may be contaminated, just grow it out on agar and isolate some clean mycelium.. That's the best way to deal with a questionable print in my opinion..

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #339188 - 06/12/01 03:31 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Isolate. Your print is infested with green mold spies. They are everywhere, hide or they will steal your eyes.lol
Just do an agar isolation until you can get rid of the mold, hey, then you could get a stronger version of your fav. strain at the same time.

In the fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud, Under the bludgeonings of chance My head is bloody, but unbowed.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

InvisibleBlueMan
Stranger
    #339244 - 06/12/01 04:47 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

wow, thanks for all the responses. But now i have one more question for you. Where can i find instructions on how to do this agar and isolation thing?? I looked in the grow section but didn't find anything (I didn't actually go into each one but only looked at the title) and for some reason my search function on this site has never worked. please help me, this sounds like something that could be very useful.

--------------------

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
    #339314 - 06/12/01 06:49 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Look around... the magic is every where in the Forest... the place where knowledge grows from the Floor ... there are many people there who can guide you thru this method....peace

"slutguts" - auto59009
Drool Donkey Island

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom