Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Loc: out of my element
What about hands? (Trip Report)
    #3366443 - 11/15/04 09:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Date of Trip: November 15, 2004

Dosage: ~2-2.5 grams (dried cubes)

Time of Departure: Noon

Setting: Apartment, alone (but with myself)

The Experience:
I want to first pose a question- what about hands? We'll come to that later on, I assure you. Anyhow, I chopped up the mushrooms and decided to put them into a peanut butter sandwich. This was, in fact, killing two birds with one stone. I was hungry because I hadn't eaten all morning, and I also needed to dose the shrooms- thus, a peanut butter sandwich came to be. Now, I feel here that I must admit I didn't plan for this trip. I was given these shrooms for free on Friday, and due to company visiting, was unable to partake over the weekend. I woke up this morning and just, more or less, 'decided' spur-of-the-moment to dose them. Looking back, I probably should have done a little planning, but I was eager to trip. I did clean up my room a little beforehand, which is to say I moved the clothes into three piles on the floor as opposed to having them scattered.

Anyway, after about an hour and fifteen minutes I was feeling a little disappointed. I just had slight stomach discomfort and nothing had started to transpire. This is when I decided to take a shower. Wow. I could've stayed in that shower my entire life. The warm water never felt so good and I couldn't help but laugh out loud at some of the thoughts I was thinking. If there was ever a segue way from not tripping to tripping, this shower was it. After about twenty minutes I finally convinced myself it was time to get out. I looked at the mirror- it was like a consistent flow of lava. After staring at the mirror for ten minutes, I got dressed, which took another ten minutes.

ENTER: goofy non-sensical couple of hours. There were relatively few visuals (absolutely no closed-eye visuals), but I just had the time of my life for a couple of hours. To say I was a kid again would not even begin to describe how goofy I was acting. It was so fun... so nostalgiac... so distant. Let me explain- after my shower, it was roughly 2 pm. I smoked a cigarette, laughed, then came back inside. I decided I would see what my room was like. I actually wanted to play some music but unfortunately I got on my bed before hitting play, and from there the will to move was lost, as was I. I looked up at my ceiling for what must have been twenty minutes. It's one of those stucco-type ceilings, with the little 'paint spots' hanging off, for lack of a better phrase. It was as if the circus had come to town on my ceiling. It was swirling around, I saw some colors, I even saw a few hearts lunge out at me. It was awesome.

After the first ceiling experience, I decided I needed another cigarette. I was talking to myself this whole time. This is where my initial question comes into play. I was asking myself all sorts of random questions and flying off on the tangents, when I just started slapping myself in the face. Not hard or anything, just a few taps. And then I thought to myself... "But what about hands?" Wow. That set up the loop cycle. This question would repeat itself in my head no less than a thousand times. It makes no sense now, but at the time it made PERFECT sense. The funny thing is that I kept going with it- "What about hands? What if they were just hands that had fingers that were really just hands built upon more hands?" and so on. The cool insight that this led to- sign language is a beautiful thing, because it's giving someone who doesn't have natural hearing ability the chance to 'hear' what you're saying. It was just a cool thought.

ENTER: second ceiling experience. Thinking there was no way I could top the last 'movie' in my room, I went in for another try. This time on the ceiling I saw tons of faces. All the mouths were wide open, and the curve of the face just led into more and more faces. This time, however, I was aware of how comfortable I was as I just layed on my bed. The warmth... the feel... it was like I was 'one' with the bed. So, another fifteen minutes pass on the ceiling and it's back to smoking a cigarette.

ENTER: third ceiling experience. That's right. It happened twice and I thought 'no way could it be that cool again'. I was wrong. Now the ceiling was dividing itself into various geometric shapes, causing different parts of the ceiling to bulge while other parts sank. Simply said- it was spectacular.

So after that, it was basically another hour of insight. Like I said, the visuals were limited and now that I remember it, 98% of them were on the ceiling. I had a couple of other thoughts/insights that I thought were of note, so here goes:

-Everyone needs to be okay with themself. So much so that they can make fun of themselves, because if you can't laugh at yourself- who can you laugh at?

-This is going to be hard to explain, but: I was rolling my cigarette in-between my fingers and thought to myself "I can play with this thing so much, but it never seems to drop." and almost as quickly as I thought that I replied with something along the lines of "That's because in the subconscious, you always have your eye on the prize." May not seem like much to you guys, but at the time it was a little earth-shattering.

-Masks. I kept thinking about how everyone wears their own masks. Well, fine... whatever. It's bullshit, but whatever. The problem is, though, that if EVERYONE is wearing a mask, then reality is nothing but a mask in itself. That, too, was a nice little nugget of insight I gathered from the trip.

All in all, it was a crazy ride. At first I thought I'd feel nothing, then I "felt" everything, while seeing little. Then I saw a whole bunch on my ceiling, and finished it off with more philosophizing. Definitely can't wait until my next trip. It was 5 months in-between this trip and my last one. I can't even begin to explain how my mind/brain felt during this trip. It was heavy, but in a good way.

So now I ask you all: what about hands?
:mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Many times I've lied - Many times I've listened,
Many times I've wondered how much there is to know."
-Led Zeppelin (Over the Hills and Far Away)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethenewuser
LSA Guy :-)

Re: What about hands? (Trip Report) [Re: Bonez420]
    #3366516 - 11/15/04 09:23 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Good read, I'm glad you had a good time. :smile:  :thumbup:

--------------------
Please read my DXM & LSA Guides, here.

If your like MMORPG's, then click here and here!

Edited by thenewuser (11/15/04 09:23 PM)

Offlinebigbadwolf
Wild Man Willy

#3366517 - 11/15/04 09:23 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

That was a good read.

I remember tripping and I noticed a friend (who was also tripping) looking at his hands. I did the same and they seemed so strange. I spent probably a half hour touching my hands nad looking at the veins in my wrist.

--------------------

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
Re: What about hands? (Trip Report) [Re: bigbadwolf]
    #3366675 - 11/15/04 09:52 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Great report. Makes me want to dose and just stare at the celing, or my hands.

Ive always found my hands faacinating on a trip, because they seem to be the only tools we have to manipulate the world around us. Our minds are vastly, inconciveably insightfull and deep, but they cant do jack without a set of hands.

Spent two hours on a trip thinking that one up. :grin: :grin:

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Re: What about hands? (Trip Report) [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #3366711 - 11/15/04 09:58 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the replies everyone! :smile:

Quote:

ThirdEyeOpening said:
Great report. Makes me want to dose and just stare at the celing, or my hands.

Ive always found my hands faacinating on a trip, because they seem to be the only tools we have to manipulate the world around us. Our minds are vastly, inconciveably insightfull and deep, but they cant do jack without a set of hands.

Spent two hours on a trip thinking that one up. :grin: :grin:

Interesting! During this trip I remember that one of my answers to 'What about hands?' was something that ended up being- it all starts and ends with hands. Hard to elaborate, because I can't remember exactly the way I phrased it, and during the trip I phrased it better than I did in this paragraph. Hehe... oh well. But I agree with you- hands are very necessary. Maybe this was just another thing for me to learn on this trip- don't take your hands for granted.

--------------------

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
    #3366767 - 11/15/04 10:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I think i see what you mean, and its true. I still stare in amazement how wonderfull we are as a species to have such full control of our minds and hands. With these simple device we are born with, we can make heaven or hell, but even with them, we are not but human. Stuck in a crafted world of our own parents design, destined to make it our own with these two hands.

Came up with that one just now. Damn im drunk. :crazy2:

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: What about hands? (Trip Report) [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #3368235 - 11/16/04 10:08 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

hands are like leaf fronds - palmate- natural branched shapes.

they also appeal visually as sequences of fingers or irregular forms.

they fit nicely like escher (like those faces on the ceiling)

one is connected strongly to one's hands and feels human partly because of the unique chance to use hands or the memory of them after they have been taken away.

keep studying masks and the relationship between the appearance (of the mask face) and the glance (available through the eyeslits) - this relationship is even more significant than the obvious one of hands.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

Loc: U.K.
Re: What about hands? (Trip Report) [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3368791 - 11/16/04 12:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I hear ya on the ceiling thing (check sig heh) but if i`m indoors the thing thats most unteresting visualy is allways the ceiling, its the same for many of my friends too, or maybe thats because I introduced them to shrooms and spoke of the psychedelic oceon of colours thast the ceiling will become b4hand? heheeh

Either way, theres a million different people and a million different ceilings and I want to experiance them all :laugh: :shroomer:

--------------------
Spotted dowhaters shpongled trollywognogs!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Go on! Make a sentance I dare ya! eheheh
If you like UO www.novusopiate.com

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #3369250 - 11/16/04 02:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Too bad its so cliche, "Whoa look at my hands, maaaaan."

But when you look down and you have hands sprouting from the tips of your fingers (and can control them), you know whats up :crazy2:

OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: What about hands? (Trip Report) [Re: Adden]
    #3371892 - 11/16/04 10:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

On my first trip I ended up staring at my hands and watching the lines on my palms twist, bend and morph. It was very cool.

On my last trip, my friend and I were staring at the stucco ceiling. All I saw was the ceiling bending, twisting and morphing, but my friend constantly was seeing the ceiling spelling out words to him.

The words seemed completely random, and sometimes it would spell out things that weren't even words (gibberish). It was so hilarious, because he would be staring at the ceiling and just spout out something like... "What does mshra mean?"

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Re: What about hands? (Trip Report) [Re: Plok]
    #3372943 - 11/17/04 06:14 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Plok said:
On my first trip I ended up staring at my hands and watching the lines on my palms twist, bend and morph.  It was very cool.

On my last trip, my friend and I were staring at the stucco ceiling.  All I saw was the ceiling bending, twisting and morphing, but my friend constantly was seeing the ceiling spelling out words to him.

The words seemed completely random, and sometimes it would spell out things that weren't even words (gibberish).  It was so hilarious, because he would be staring at the ceiling and just spout out something like... "What does mshra mean?"

Hehe... that's awesome. That ceiling thing was great. It was so entirely different all three times, too. First it was swirling around and the two most dominant colors I saw on the white ceiling were green and purple (which I assume is because I smoke herb and love shrooms). Then it was all those faces and then it was a bunch of shapes, sometimes making a bunch of different gears and rotating in-sync with each other.

I've also decided that tripping alone is equally or more enjoyable than with a friend. Because, if you can handle it, you get to act however you want and not have the added potential to be worried about how others are perceiving you at that moment. You can just be yourself. I was talking weird and making fun of myself the whole time, which just led to more laughing. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

#3381797 - 11/18/04 09:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hey, that was one of the best reports I've read in a long time.  :laugh:

I usually get to thinking about mind over matter, and can we move things with our minds... of course we can! Our hands! (and bodies)  Without so much of a though you can move your hand anywhere it can reach while still attached, and you can always get up and walk around to reach further (unless you're trippin  :wink:)

It's fascinating that our bodies are our link between our minds and the world around us.  Anyway, good report, 5 for you!

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3382861 - 11/19/04 03:01 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Bonez420 said:
-This is going to be hard to explain, but: I was rolling my cigarette in-between my fingers and thought to myself "I can play with this thing so much, but it never seems to drop." and almost as quickly as I thought that I replied with something along the lines of "That's because in the subconscious, you always have your eye on the prize." May not seem like much to you guys, but at the time it was a little earth-shattering.

i know exactly what you mean. i would catch myself deciding to go somewhere not really because i wanted to go there but because i knew it meant i was going to get to smoke cigs. i didn't really want to go but then i found myself convincing myself it was a good idea to go...but i knew in the back of my head it was because of the cigs. i quit since then...good thing. nice report btw.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: What about hands? (Trip Report) [Re: TODAY]
    #3382902 - 11/19/04 03:22 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

awesome trip report man :thumbup: i recently grew a beard and last time i tripped i ended up stroking my face for what felt like hours.  i kept thinking it was such a wierd piece of evolution, connecting us to our past...i mean, there's no need for facial hair anymore, yet we haven't evolved to not have it yet..lol..sounds a little ridiculous.  then i started thinking it felt like an animal on my face and this started freaking me out. so i moved on, but the beard insight stayed with me. hah :grin:

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Re: What about hands? (Trip Report) [Re: Hendostan]
    #3383028 - 11/19/04 06:11 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:
then i started thinking it felt like an animal on my face and this started freaking me out. so i moved on, but the beard insight stayed with me. hah :grin:

LoL ... that's hilarious, man. I remember seeing myself in the mirror at one point and my scruffy facial hair was all too interesting.

Thanks for the replies you guys.

--------------------

OfflineLuciferSam2
Madcap

Loc: Milton Keynes, UK
    #3384453 - 11/19/04 01:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Allow me to regail you with my absolute favourite passage from one of my absolute favourite books - Ken Kesey's first LSD trip when he was enrolled on a medical 'guinea pig' trial, being dosed with all sorts of crappy chemicals, many of which wouuld bring on hellish super speed throwing up type experiences, until one day when:

'But one of them. The first thing he knew about it was a squirrel dropped an acorn from a tree outside, only it was tremendously loud and sounded like it was not outside but right in the room with him and not actually a sound either, but a great impacting of....blue...all around him and suddenly he was in a realm of conciousness he had never dreamed of before, and it was not a dream or a delirium but part of his awareness. He looks at the ceiling. It begins moving. Panic - and yet there is no panic. The ceiling is moving - not in a crazed swirl but along its own planes of light and shadow and surface not nearly so nice and smooth as plasterer Super Plaster Man intended with infallible carpenter level bubble sliding in dim honey Karo syrup tube not so foolproof as you thought, bub, little lumps and ridges up there, bub, and lines, lines like spines on crests of waves of white desert movie sand each one with MGM shadow longshot of the ominous A-rab coming up over the next crest for only the sinister Saracen can see the road and you didn't know how many subplots you left up there, Plaster Man, trying to smooth it all out, all of it, with your bubble in a honey tube carpenters level, to make us all down here look up and see nothing but ceiling, because we all know ceiling, because it has a name, ceiling, therefore it is nothing but a ceiling - no room for A-rabs up there in Level Land, eh, Plaster Man...

...he is one with it, the movie white desert of the ceiling becomes something rich, personal, his, beautiful beyond description, like an orgasm behind the eyeballs, and his A-rabs - A-rabs behind the eyelids, eyelid movies, room for them and lots more in the five billion thoughts per second stroboscopic synapses - his A-rab heroes, fine Daily Double horsehair moustaches wrapped about the Orbicularis Oris of their mouths -

And yes, that little capsule sliding blissfully down the gullet was LSD'

Tom Wolfe - The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

--------------------
Sugarman..you're the answer, that makes my questions disappear...

Offlinesyanesso
100% pupil

Loc: Evergreen State
Re: What about hands? (Trip Report) [Re: LuciferSam2]
    #3385501 - 11/19/04 05:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

stucco ceiling. word. i too have spent at least an hour of a trip entranced and lost with this thing above me bending down many feet, swirling around, etc. in fact after that trip when i look at my stucco ceiling it starts to blend and morph...wonder if thats because of the trip, or if it has always been like that and i never noticed it before...hmmm.

--------------------
make sure it bruises blue

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Re: What about hands? (Trip Report) [Re: syanesso]
    #3385716 - 11/19/04 05:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

syanesso said:
stucco ceiling. word. i too have spent at least an hour of a trip entranced and lost with this thing above me bending down many feet, swirling around, etc.  in fact after that trip when i look at my stucco ceiling it starts to blend and morph...wonder if thats because of the trip, or if it has always been like that and i never noticed it before...hmmm.

I know what you mean. When I look at my ceiling now, it doesn't look like it did pre-trip. However, I think the ceiling actually contributed to my visuals. Like you said, with all the little pieces it seems almost to move even when I'm sober. So after I had taken those mushrooms, perhaps they were exaggerating what I would've seen sober. Although those first two "experiences" I mention... those were the shrooms themselves for sure. No matter how much I look at my ceiling now, I can't see the same (or nearly as many) faces... and I damn sure don't see green & purple swirling around like some sort of 'color circus'. :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules