Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
i cant get over the fact that our physical exisstance is finite
    #3349218 - 11/11/04 10:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i recieved a phone call from my father yesterday night, someone had diees, not that aunt who is very near death because of matasticised ovarian cancer, but another great aunt who died of another cancer...
i had to drive back to chicago for the funeral...
the whole way there the whole picture of life on earth kept pouring over me.
im 21 now and i may very well not live to see tomorrow, and i have to deal with the fact that some day I will die. everytime i eve think it, the concept, death, i get this empty fearful cold feeling. its hard to handle. its one of those feelings where you would give anything not to feel it,luckily it normally passes quickly.
its just so scarry thinking that our physical life here may be all that there is.
i remember when i was raised lutheran, tought all about god and heaven, and nener reallly believed it all, then when i started believing all over again when i came back from a year of forced rehab in mexico at 18. and now i just dont know what i believe.

i believe that our souls whatever controlls our bodies our spirits if you will are a form of energy, and i like to tie that in with einsteins theory that energy can not be created or destroyed, and i love to think that my existance as a person dosent end when im cold and in the ground. however im very fearful that it does.

all of these questions why are we here, where did we come from, where do we go. why is our memory so limited if out "souls" are infinite?
i just needed to share that with someone...

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: i cant get over the fact that our physical exisstance is finite [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3349255 - 11/11/04 10:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

why is our memory so limited if out "souls" are infinite?

Maybe because our brains have only been in existence since the creation of our physical bodies and therefore can only reflect what has been recorded upon them in this lifetime.

Then again maybe we're fucked.

Personally, I prefer the former.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: i cant get over the fact that our physical exisstance is finite [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3349641 - 11/11/04 11:52 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Bah, we aren't infinite. Though energy may never be destroyed (that we know of) it definitely reaches a balance of non-activity. Or rather, thanks to entropy our energy will eventually reach a static nothingness. Entropy is a bitch, ain't it?

--------------------

OfflineTag_Number
Experience
Loc: Soma dreaming itself
    #3349787 - 11/12/04 12:45 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Wrong look at the infinite hyperdimensional interflex inside matter.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#3350246 - 11/12/04 04:50 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

We are but a pattern in a fractal dimensioned Universe.

Look at a fractal and notice when a unique pattern ends, another one begins.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #3350480 - 11/12/04 07:29 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
im 21 now and i may very well not live to see tomorrow, and i have to deal with the fact that some day I will die. everytime i eve think it, the concept, death, i get this empty fearful cold feeling. its hard to handle. its one of those feelings where you would give anything not to feel it,luckily it normally passes quickly.
its just so scarry thinking that our physical life here may be all that there is.

Your mind is making death into a problem, when it clearly isn't. It is a natural inevitability. The fact that your mind cannot accept reality as it inevitably unfolds shows that your mind is a problem. Rather, the programs ran in your mind that identify a sense of self, define that sense of self, and aim to protect that sense of self.

Death is not a scary thing to think about when one does not have anything to lose in the first place. We as humans have nothing to lose and nothing to gain. The only constant is awareness, and is the only permanent thing to be identified with. Possessions are fleeting, life itself is fleeting.

If your mind cannot accept reality and all that it encompasses in this moment, it is clear that your mind is being identified with instead of your being, which lays beyond the mind, and it is clear that your ego really has to die. :wink:

Quote:

now i just dont know what i believe.

Believe in nothing. You cannot assume anything more.

Quote:

i believe that our souls whatever controlls our bodies our spirits if you will are a form of energy, and i like to tie that in with einsteins theory that energy can not be created or destroyed, and i love to think that my existance as a person dosent end when im cold and in the ground. however im very fearful that it does.

Energy itself remains constant, however, its form does not. Everything you identify with will cease to be, everything is in a state of constant change, and is impermanent. Attachment to a current state of form is pointless, and seperates one from their state of being and from reality. "You" do not fear death, your sense of self fears death, which, of course, is not actually "you". The only thing you can correctly, permanently identify with is pure awareness, the constant, unchanging state of being, as these things are the only things that will remain constant and unchanging. To put a permanent sense of self into anything else will create an endless amount of problems, some of which you are currently experiencing.

Quote:

all of these questions why are we here, where did we come from, where do we go. why is our memory so limited if out "souls" are infinite?
i just needed to share that with someone...

What souls? Energy and awareness might be infinite, but any sense of seperateness, form, or identify are not infinite. Everything your mind identifies with will be burnt away by the eternal fire. :wink:

If these thoughts provoke fear, or if reality is not instantly accepted for what it is on all levels (mentally, emotionally, etc.), than you are seperate from the very life that you fear will leave you. It is insane to think we have some sort of proprietary ownership on these experiences, on these thoughts, on this life, and that these experiences, thoughts, and life define some absolute form that we identify with. It is impossible to grasp onto life or to not accept life for what it is, in every moment, and attempting to do so will bring nothing but suffering and seperateness. Fear of death automatically brings fear of life.

Experience this for what it is and do not attempt to hold onto anything. Forever be aware and observe without judgement or implication.  :laugh:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: i cant get over the fact that our physical exisstance is finite [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3350926 - 11/12/04 10:06 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"" cant get over the fact that our physical exisstance is finite ""

give it time? j\k  :grin: :thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #3351073 - 11/12/04 10:47 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

that's the problem.. cant get over it

get over it

There's two (false) widespread beliefs on Earth that are the cause of a lot of problems

1 That darkness is more powerful than light
2 That death is inevitable

think outside the box, man. say fuck it, and live life in full awareness.

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3351128 - 11/12/04 10:58 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The reality we live in has both good and bad energy. What choices you make on how to live is yours to make. But me........

I choose to believe that by treating people with goodwill and love I will be rewarded in the next.

Besides if there is nothing after death, what do I have to lose? But if the choices we make do make a difference. Then living good does make a difference. So common sense tells me to live as close to, what I believe, "God" would want me to live.

I also have been struggling with the prospect of death. But I live my life in a good way. So I don't worry. I am going to a good place or I just cease to exist. But if I live evil and hateful I Will suffer here and after. It is the acceptance of death that is hard.

It is usually after losing 1 or 2 people you are close to to begin to realize what death really means. You will be fine. Death is a wonderful thing........ER I guess. :crazy:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3351371 - 11/12/04 12:03 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have a response in Silversoul7's post "Is anyone else here [?]..." that could just as well be a response to yours, if you're interested. It's not massive, but too long to re-type. :smile:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: i cant get over the fact that our physical exisstance is finite [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3351379 - 11/12/04 12:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Is it too long to link to? :wink:

Edit: Nevermind, I just noticed that it was a incredibly recent thread.  :grin:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Edited by fireworks_god (11/12/04 12:11 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order