Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Islam to take over the world?
    #3340779 - 11/10/04 11:42 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

"Mans greatest good fortune is to chase and defeat his enemy, seize his total possessions, leave his married women weeping and wailing, ride his gelding and use the bodies of his women as a nightshirt and support." GENGHIS KHAN

"he butchered three of them with an ax and decapitaded them instead of using a gun. he managedd to break his neck and devour his flesh in front of his comrades. i award him the medal of replublic..." General Mustafa Syrias minister of defense praising a hero of the 1973 war with israel.

appeasing of goverments which revel in slaughter is an invitation in worldwide catastrophe.

do you agree?

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Islam to take over the world? [Re: lonestar2004]
    #3340829 - 11/10/04 11:56 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The government of Syria is not representative of "Islam".

Sorry pinkie.

Edited by Odiumjunkie (11/10/04 12:16 PM)

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3340841 - 11/10/04 12:00 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Why did you quote Gengis Khan? Gengis Khan attacked and waged war against Muslims, and Muslims fought back at him.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Islam to take over the world? [Re: OJK]
    #3340846 - 11/10/04 12:00 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Odiumjunkie, I suggest you read the forum rules before making your next post. Flaming is not allowed in this forum. Calling someone a "cretin" is flaming.

You get one official warning. This is that warning.

pinky

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Islam to take over the world? [Re: Phred]
    #3340983 - 11/10/04 12:38 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

sorry to imply that kahn was muslim, but there are leaders like him obl, (mustafa) from egypt and organizations in pakistan, lebanon, saudi arabia, iran, sudan, algeria, indonesia, syria who want to spread islam throughout the world. in a kahn like way. and it seems like it is spreading to me.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

#3340989 - 11/10/04 12:41 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well you must be from Arkansas, or Texas or something if you actually believe Muslims have the means to spread their religion "by force". Islam is spreading because it is a beautiful religion. People are not being assimilated into the faith by jihad anywhere.

--------------------

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
Re: Islam to take over the world? [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3341015 - 11/10/04 12:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Is part of Islam's beauty in that people can use it as a moral shield from which to justify the murder of the innocent?

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Re: Islam to take over the world? [Re: Autonomous]
    #3341025 - 11/10/04 12:48 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Any ideology can be used as a moral shield to justify killing innocent people. Islam isn't any different. People kill and murder for democracy - does that make democracy an evil ideology? People kill and murder for Christianity, does that make Christianity an evil ideology?

The beauty in democracy is freedom.

The beauty in Christianity is John 3:16.

The beauty in Islam is in the name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3341077 - 11/10/04 01:00 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

While I don't much care for Islam(or any organized religion for that matter), I doubt it will ever take over the world? Who has the nukes? We do. No country is going to conquer us as long as we have the capacity to blow them into oblivion.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

#3341385 - 11/10/04 02:02 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

"Any ideology can be used as a moral shield to justify killing innocent people."
Pacifism has yet to be shown to be an ideology used as a moral shield to justify killing innocent people. This one exception is all that is necessary to prove you wrong.

"Islam isn't any different."
Based on the historical record, it seems to lend itself quite well to the task, much better than pacifism.

"People kill and murder for democracy - does that make democracy an evil ideology?"
We weren't discussing democracy.

"People kill and murder for Christianity, does that make Christianity an evil ideology?"
We weren't discussing Christianity.

"The beauty in democracy is freedom."
Democracy only means the freedom to vote, any other freedoms are contingent upon what democratic decisions are arrived at and how they are implemented.

"The beauty in Christianity is John 3:16."
John 3:16 is quaint fiction. The beauty of it is subjective, I prefer Letters From Earth by Mark Twain.

"The beauty in Islam is in the name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate."
Allah is more fiction, but with a different name than what the Christians or the Jews use for the same character.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

#3341415 - 11/10/04 02:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Pacifism has yet to be shown to be an ideology used as a moral shield to justify killing innocent people. This one exception is all that is necessary to prove you wrong.

Pacifism is also practiced by Muslims. Try the Naqshbandis, Chistis, Qadiris, Ahmadis, or any Sufi Muslim for that matter.

Based on the historical record, it seems to lend itself quite well to the task, much better than pacifism.

Historically Muslims have been fairly peaceful up until the post effects of colonization and the founding of Israel.

We weren't discussing democracy. We weren't discussing Christianity

I was citing an example why an entire group of people shouldn't be subjected to ridicule based on the actions of a few people. Is that not hard to follow?

As for your other comments about religious and spiritual beliefs in general, that's a whole other thread - more suited for S&P than PA&L.

Islam at its core is about peace - the word itself is phonetically related to the word for peace.

Open your mind for a change: http://www.2muslims.com/books/presentations/This_Is_Islam.swf

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #3341436 - 11/10/04 02:15 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

After Mecca was captured and the tribes were converted to Islam, people peacefully converted to Islam. Many were taxed but it was a very small amount compared to what the Christians were pulling in Byzantine Empire. Even Christians of other sects converted to Islam because they were fucked with by the Byzantine orthodox church. Millions of people converted to Islam in the Abbassid and the Umayaad Muslim Empires without being forced. Now look at Christianity and tell how it gained most of its converts.

The purpose of Islam has always been to unify people. That is the whole purpose of Islam. Too bad the Umayaads(Sunnis) got their panties up in a bunch over who would the caliph. I hate those fuckers, they're getting slaughtered right now.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Edited by downforpot (11/10/04 02:17 PM)

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #3342201 - 11/10/04 04:47 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
Historically Muslims have been fairly peaceful up until the post effects of colonization and the founding of Israel.

How does trying to take over the world equate to peaceful to you?

Post 1300-1400s muslims just no longer had the capacity to expand much at all due to the rigidity of their religion which bound them to the 1200s.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: Islam to take over the world? [Re: silversoul7]
    #3342228 - 11/10/04 04:53 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
While I don't much care for Islam(or any organized religion for that matter), I doubt it will ever take over the world? Who has the nukes? We do. No country is going to conquer us as long as we have the capacity to blow them into oblivion.

Israel has nukes.

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Re: Islam to take over the world? [Re: downforpot]
    #3342295 - 11/10/04 05:09 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Are you forgetting the Muslim invasion of Europe? Are you forgetting 9/11? Are you forgetting the numerous tapes of those shouting "Allah Akbar" as they saw off the heads of the innocent?

Now for some quotes from the Koran:

The Cow

[2.54] And when Musa said to his people: O my people! you have surely been unjust to yourselves by taking the calf (for a god), therefore turn to your Creator (penitently), so kill your people, that is best for you with your Creator: so He turned to you (mercifully), for surely He is the Oft-returning (to mercy), the Merciful.

[2.191] And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.

The Women

[4.89] They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

[4.91] You will find others who desire that they should be safe from you and secure from their own people; as often as they are sent back to the mischief they get thrown into it headlong; therefore if they do not withdraw from you, and (do not) offer you peace and restrain their hands, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them; and against these We have given you a clear authority.

The Dinner Table

[5.51] O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

The Immunity

[9.30] And the Jews say: Uzair is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!

--------------------
-- Mark Twain

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #3342310 - 11/10/04 05:13 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I've said this once before. Read the fucking Qur'an. Taking quotes off the net just proves your bias.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Islam to take over the world? [Re: retread]
    #3342314 - 11/10/04 05:14 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

retread said:
Quote:

silversoul7 said:

Israel has nukes.

Only because we supplied them.

--------------------

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #3342344 - 11/10/04 05:21 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Islam is going to get much bigger, without a doubt.
But in its current state, it's not going to take over the world.

But with time, Islam could easily evolve the way most religions have and become a bit smoother on the edges. If it lost the fundamentalism and started looking at the Qu'ran in a new light, it could easily rival Christianity. But this is hundreds of years down the road.

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Islam to take over the world? [Re: Gijith]
    #3342444 - 11/10/04 05:42 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Gijith said:
Islam is going to get much bigger, without a doubt.
But in its current state, it's not going to take over the world.

But with time, Islam could easily evolve the way most religions have and become a bit smoother on the edges. If it lost the fundamentalism and started looking at the Qu'ran in a new light, it could easily rival Christianity. But this is hundreds of years down the road.

About 30 years ago, many sociologists predicted that religion would become more secularized, more tolerant, more open-minded, etc., and since then, the exact opposite has happened pretty much across the board.

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: Islam to take over the world? [Re: silversoul7]
    #3342465 - 11/10/04 05:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i dont know about that, europe is very secular now.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion