Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]
InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: What has the world of Islam contributed to the rest of humanity? [Re: Economist]
    #6126534 - 10/02/06 09:46 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Economist said:
Quote:

alpharedecho said:
Look, my high school became less safe after 9/11 due to the high Muslim population found with in it. That is not fair.

Was it due to the high Muslim population, or due to their reception by non-Muslims?

According to the BBC hate crime in America targetting Muslims increased by a factor of 5 after 9/11 ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/629/629/5305868.stm )

You said earlier in this thread that wearing pro-Afghan shirts resulted in fights, but I very much doubt that the shirts themselves threw any punches.  Far more likely was a punch thrown at someone who chose to wear such a shirt.

Of course, I am sick and tired of the people doing the wrong not having to take responsibility for their actions. There is always some justification for people causing trouble.

Nobody was wearing shirts, the AFG Pride, and ANTI WHITE/WESTERN GRAFFITI started showing up on lockers, desks, walls, etc.

I am from Canada, so nobody thought anything about the Muslims in our school, they are the ones who felt the need to "represent". That is probably the non-Muslims fault.

I love how you people always manage to find a way to turn around the blame on the people who do NOTHING to provoke such behaviour. I repeat, I am from Canada, and there was no anti-Muslim sentiment in our school, it was an anti-white sentimate taken by the Muslims that fueled the problems.

"Far more likely was a punch thrown at someone who chose to wear such a shirt."  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: What has the world of Islam contributed to the rest of humanity? [Re: Basilides]
    #6126540 - 10/02/06 09:48 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Basilides said:
There's another saying, "don't throw the baby out with the bath water". No, some jackass killing someone on a street in Kabul over a cartoon hardly "ruins" Muslims as a whole. Morally you can't even compare him to the flag burners. All this egg shell talk about Muslims is just hysteria. No one was even killed in the aftermath of Popegate last month. But millions in the Muslim world peacefully protested it without beating up or killing anyone. Islamo-hysteria is the new Red Scare.

I didn't say I agreed with the saying, but it is used by people when it suits them, and discarded when it doesn't.

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: What has the world of Islam contributed to the rest of humanity? [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #6127684 - 10/03/06 08:56 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

1 person is to many IMO.

You know the saying, 1 bad apple spoils the bunch. The bunch being fundamentalists.

You forget one major factor: crime.

Generally violent people are closer associated with violent acts than adherents of any particular religion.

Think of hooligan mentality: a particular percentage of the population looks for any excuse to create an ungodly mess. Whether its Manchester United or Sunnite Islamic, they'll always find an excuse to raise hell.

These are the very same people who made lynchings happen in the USA some decades ago. Americans (or religious people) aren't evil, but there are evil people among them, just like in any population.

In the same way you can't blame recreational shooters for murders committed by the gun. Its not the gun thats the problem, but no-good fucked-up violent people who should be kept from acquiring one.

The problem isn't islam, nor even religious fundamentalists, but the problem really is the no-good fucked-up violent people who hide behind the religion and use it as a justification to attack.

If you deal with the no-good fucked-up violent people, attending a mosque or a soccer match is completely without harm.

Mass society is a serious game, but some just can't play ball.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
Re: What has the world of Islam contributed to the rest of humanity? [Re: Asante]
    #6127712 - 10/03/06 09:07 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Thing is though, peaceful Muslims for the most part don't seem very indignified when murderers hide behind their religion. And I do believe these radicals have in fact hijacked both Islam and the injustices done against Muslims by the West.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: What has the world of Islam contributed to the rest of humanity? [Re: Basilides]
    #6127808 - 10/03/06 09:52 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, that is a good point. With most other groups out there, the bad ones are shunned and punished.

When a bunch of Muslims crashed planes into the WTC(apparently), Muslims at my school almost took pride in it...made me sick to my stomach. They did not get the treatment they deserved, which would be IMO a good ass kicking, daily.

I realize it was probably different in the USA, where Muslims were probably trying to stay lowkey and distance themselves from the incident. I am just explaining the situation where I was.

--------------------
Capliberty:

Edited by alpharedecho (10/03/06 09:53 AM)

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Re: What has the world of Islam contributed to the rest of humanity? [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #6127838 - 10/03/06 10:06 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

In your opinion, why did they take pride in it? Because of their religion, or an decades old animosity between the West and Muslims that merely exploded that day?

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#6127873 - 10/03/06 10:20 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I really can't say for sure, but it was not for any reason noble, I can assure you of that.

Maybe a defense mechanism, felt threatened to be associated with it, but instead of staying low key about it, they went on the offensive?

Either way, they were in the wrong to act in such a way, after such a tragedy.

--------------------
Capliberty:

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

#6127898 - 10/03/06 10:30 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe they heard far too many say that day, "Now we're gonna bomb those fucking ragheads"

--------------------

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#6127934 - 10/03/06 10:41 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Again, Canadian.......I don't believe that was an issue. I heard specific words for Osama Bin Ladin, but what would be surprising about that?

Funny how it is ALWAYS the white peoples fault, some how, some way.

This is like me going to Oklahoma in 1994 and supporting Timothy McVeigh, and you saying "Maybe you heard far too many say that day, "Now we're gonna kill that bastard."" Like that somehow justifies it.

--------------------
Capliberty:

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

#6128137 - 10/03/06 11:24 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

After 9-11 a Pakistani classmate of mine at my high school was repeatedly told "his people were gonna get it". People were saying blatant racist remarks in front of him (although not always directed to him). Eventually with more remarks the next day, he eventually had enough and blurted "God bless box cutters". As if everyone else had some kind of moral high ground, they simply said "Woah, fuck you man. That's sick.". But any intelligent person could see the social illness began with the brazen jackassery of the general student population the previous morning. And no, he didn't really mean what he said. I asked him, and he told me he just wanted to piss them off without throwing a punch. Because really, if I was Arab or East Indian or whatever, and some idiot said to me "we're going to bomb your people", I'd personally want to knock his goddamn teeth in with a swift brown skinned toned left hook. But transgressive Quid Quo Pro insults would also work I suppose.

--------------------

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#6128342 - 10/03/06 12:08 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

That is the difference between our countries, nobody was talking about bombing anyone at my school. Worst I heard was death to OBL.

--------------------
Capliberty:

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6129578 - 10/03/06 05:50 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

There is no difference between your countries b/c you share the same one. :flowstone:

OfflineEconomist
in training
 User Gallery

#6129841 - 10/03/06 07:16 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

alpharedecho said:
Of course, I am sick and tired of the people doing the wrong not having to take responsibility for their actions. There is always some justification for people causing trouble.

Where did I say that the trouble they caused was justified?

I think it's important to remember that human relationships are a two-way street.

It's definitely wrong to attack someone based on "Afghani-Pride". But, at the same time, it's also wrong to believe that it's wrong for them to have that pride in the first place. Here you are claiming that you want steps to be taken so that the white race survives forever, but if someone else feels pride in their race, then they're doing something wrong.

Quote:

alpharedecho said:
I am from Canada, so nobody thought anything about the Muslims in our school, they are the ones who felt the need to "represent". That is probably the non-Muslims fault.

I just don't think this is as obvious as it seems to you. You weren't with the Muslim students 100% of the time, nor did you hear every single comment made to each of them.

OfflineSchwammel
Auk

Re: What has the world of Islam contributed to the rest of humanity? [Re: Economist]
    #6129951 - 10/03/06 07:35 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

What has the world of Islam contributed to the rest of humanity?

OIL...

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#6131813 - 10/04/06 10:34 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Economist said:
Quote:

alpharedecho said:

Where did I say that the trouble they caused was justified?

I think it's important to remember that human relationships are a two-way street.

It's definitely wrong to attack someone based on "Afghani-Pride".  But, at the same time, it's also wrong to believe that it's wrong for them to have that pride in the first place.  Here you are claiming that you want steps to be taken so that the white race survives forever, but if someone else feels pride in their race, then they're doing something wrong.

Quote:

alpharedecho said:

I just don't think this is as obvious as it seems to you.  You weren't with the Muslim students 100% of the time, nor did you hear every single comment made to each of them.

First off, nobody was attacked for Afghani pride, you are not listening. Infact, no Muslims were attacked period, when they damn well should have been for the things they were saying and doing. It was the Muslims who were taking pride in the EVENTS OF 9/11. You got that?

They can have pride in their country, lord knows I have pride in mine, but when people take pride in a murderous tragedy, I have a problem with it. You got that??

They can have pride in their race, that is fine by me, but when they take pride in something like 9/11, I have a problem with it. You got that???

I will not reply to you again, unless you stop twisting my words into fabrications of your mind.  :mad2:

"you weren't with the Muslim students 100% of the time, nor did you hear every single comment made to each of them."

They vandalized the school with their words of hate, so I didn't have to hear it, just look at it while I got my education, in my country.  :mad2:

--------------------
Capliberty:

OfflineEconomist
in training
 User Gallery

#6133229 - 10/04/06 05:26 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

alpharedecho said:
First off, nobody was attacked for Afghani pride, you are not listening. Infact, no Muslims were attacked period, when they damn well should have been for the things they were saying and doing. It was the Muslims who were taking pride in the EVENTS OF 9/11. You got that?

Obviously I was not there, and I do not know exactly what happened, however, you stated that the tensions between muslims and non-muslims led to fights ( http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6124649#Post6124649 ).

Since a fight does not happen unless someone throws a punch (kick, whatever), I have to assume one of two things:
1) A non-Muslim threw a punch at a Muslim
or
2) A Muslim threw a punch at a non-Muslim

If non-Muslims or Muslims were just fighting with themselves, this wouldn't follow from your statement (in the post I linked) that fights resulted from the tensions.

If this isn't true, please let me know what happened.

Quote:

alpharedecho said:
They vandalized the school with their words of hate, so I didn't have to hear it, just look at it while I got my education, in my country.

In another post, you stated that the Muslims somehow made your school less safe ( http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6124712#Post6124712 ).

Did this vandalism by itself somehow make you feel "less safe" or was there associated violence?

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#6135742 - 10/05/06 09:25 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

It made for a shitty atmosphere to attend school. There were limited fights, and they may or may not have been caused by these tensions, it could have also been caused by personal issues, I cannot say for sure.

I am saying, had I have went to a high school with NO Muslims, I would not have missed them. I don't know why it is encouraged to group all different people together in one place, because it leads to problems almost always.

The tensions were so bad at one point though, that all the high schools in my city were locked down(couldn't leave the class) because there were threats of drive-by shootings, from Muslims coming from the big city 40 minutes away. I could have done fine with out this, as it definitely made me feel less safe. Now there were many Muslims at my school who were nice, normal people, who didn't get caught up in the BS, and it sucks for them, to be grouped with the others, since they were the minority in this case.

I don't really know what your first point had to do with what you quoted, BTW.

You stated before attacking someone for Afghani Pride would be..blah blah blah. I was just pointing out, nothing like that was ever said, and your attempt to twist my words was really getting annoying.

--------------------
Capliberty:

InvisibleLordSenate Happy Birthday!
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Loc: First Circle of Hell
Re: What has the world of Islam contributed to the rest of humanity? [Re: Syle]
    #6140723 - 10/06/06 02:42 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Syle said:
i should rephrase my question: what has modern islam contributed to humanity?

Thats easy! I can answer that.

Car Bombs
Beheadings
Random Kidnapping/Executions.
The biggest Suspense Drama in my life time! (And its in real time)
Televised Executions.

A few other things but i forget a few

InvisibleLordSenate Happy Birthday!
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Loc: First Circle of Hell
Re: What has the world of Islam contributed to the rest of humanity? [Re: LordSenate]
    #6140730 - 10/06/06 02:45 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

oh yeah and a war that never ends..

and the song starts..

Its the war that never ends.. it keeps going on and on my friend! so on and so forth

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: What has the world of Islam contributed to the rest of humanity? [Re: LordSenate]
    #6140988 - 10/06/06 04:25 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LordSenate said:
Quote:

Syle said:
i should rephrase my question: what has modern islam contributed to humanity?

Thats easy! I can answer that.
Car Bombs
Beheadings
Random Kidnapping/Executions.
The biggest Suspense Drama in my life time! (And its in real time)
Televised Executions.

I'm starting to like them more and more

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom