Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Coir, Peat, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Casing mixtures
    #3318293 - 11/04/04 03:18 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Can someone help a girl out please. Maybe I'm just real bad at searching, but I can't seem to find a recipe for casing mixtures. I want to try casing, but all the info I've found here so far has not answered all of my questions. Can someone give me some links.

I need:
1. Casing mixture recipes/ingredients(call it what you want)
I'd appreciate more than just one recipe, I'd like to have a choice.

2. Best set-ups. Money is not an issue here, but I don't want to spend more than I need, so if someone could link me in the right direction, I'd be a very happy girl.

3. Enviroment. I'm looking for info on what's suitable for casing as far as the enviroment. It's very humid where I am, I'm not sure if that matters to much since they will be in their(mushies) own enviroment that I'm providing. I do have some issues though.
I want to place my fruiting chamber in my basement. My basement contains 3 bedrooms and 2 huge living spaces...and they are all empty, so I decided to place my babies down there, but...It's very dusty down there. Also, there are lots of old junk,such as old furniture and old clothes. It's like a storage unit sorta. I want to know if it's going to affect my mushies at all? Can I use my dirty basement, or find another area in my house? I've cleaned it out as much as I could. It would take alot of time to get it as clean as I want, time that I just don't have right now.

Damn, I sure know how to make a short story long...
*ends rambling*

Any links and info will make me smile, thank you.

~Desiree~

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSubGen1us
 User Gallery

Re: Casing mixtures [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #3318327 - 11/04/04 03:30 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

heres a real simple one i use cause im out of verm till next season.
Works great.
4 cups peat
1 cup lime
1 cup water

i mix it in a little tub breaking up all the little nubbins.

first flush.

i never patched or else i propley could have got more mushies in the middle.
but i cant help it im lazy.
that 1 tub right there has supplied me and my friend well over 20 trips each plus
400$ worth of unknowns lol.

if u have msn messenger or something i have a movie that explains casing and cloning and shit. pm me.

--------------------

Offlineatomic1
enthusiast
Male

Loc: Appalachia
Re: Casing mixtures [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #3318368 - 11/04/04 03:49 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Jiffy mix(50peat/50verm) and 60coir/40verm. are very popular. Home Depot has jiffy mix, straight peat moss and straight verm.. Coco coir can be found at pet shops as reptile bedding, from myco supply, and many other sources online. Vermiculite can also be found at garden centers, nurseries, souther states, walmart, online bla bla bla.  :goodluck: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Coir, Peat, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation