Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSilven
I trip,therefore weare.

Loc: El Mexicano
LSD vs Mushrooms - Question
    #3303916 - 11/01/04 09:29 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, so my friend was in a debate with me the other night as I was eating my mushrooms because I was glorifying LSD.

He says that he would eat mushrooms any day over LSD because of how bad LSD hurts you.  I'm under the impression from all the reading I've done on this subject that LSD only hurts you as bad as a mushroom dose and effects you the same way.

Is there any potential health risks associated with LSD use that are more severe than mushrooms?  (Other than potential psychological problems if you have a hidden mental problem)

He didn't specify any certain problem with it, he just blindly accuses LSD of being seriously dangerous.  I even tried to explain to him that LSD doses are so incredibly small that they can't really lace a blotter hit, but he still went on to say that it's dangerous that they could be laced and that the drug itself is very very dangerous.

Back me up or shoot me down, just gimme the facts. :smile:

- Silven

--------------------
Born: 10/31/83, which makes me a Scorpio.

1) Scorpios are the most highly sexed of all the signs of the zodiac.
2) Scorpios are prone to excesses: booze, drugs, sex, bad puns, etc.
They usually exploit the weaknesses of others, who fall victim to
their capacity for total lust & sexual abberation.
3) Scorpios possess great intellectual curiosity & creative talent. They
think they are rebels & are arrogant, proud, conceited, and worth every
penny of it.

What do you bring to the table?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: LSD vs Mushrooms - Question [Re: Silven]
    #3304044 - 11/01/04 10:42 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

equally non dangerous

OfflineSilven
I trip,therefore weare.

Re: LSD vs Mushrooms - Question [Re: stefan]
    #3304046 - 11/01/04 10:43 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you Stefan :smile:

- Silven

--------------------

penny of it.

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
    #3304050 - 11/01/04 10:45 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Of course he would rather eat mush that LSD, you have to be NUTS to eat that brain frying, spinal cord accumulating, insanity inducing acid :wink:. Acid is actually probably a little more forgiving physically on your body than mush.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: LSD vs Mushrooms - Question [Re: sublime40oz]
    #3304107 - 11/01/04 11:08 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i guess mushrooms are more suitable for human consumption
that'S all
they are both amazing substances with no danger at all imo

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Edited by butterflydawn (11/01/04 11:09 AM)

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: LSD vs Mushrooms - Question [Re: butterflydawn]
    #3304274 - 11/01/04 12:23 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Although its not a common side effect or anything like that, it does seem that theres more people who are somewhat out there (lost their marbles) from acid use as opposed to shroom use, from back in the day at least. Perhaps its because its easier to dose again later without incredible tolerance, or because acid at one point in time was very prevelant, or perhaps the price. Thinking about it, I've heard many more people who have "abused" (heavily used) acid as opposed to shrooms. So it could be the case.

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #3304640 - 11/01/04 02:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

In my experience,

Acid is more prone to abuse than mushrooms.
Mushrooms have more unpleasant side-effects than LSD for me. LSD is just a so pure and clean and clear trip. So euphoric and warm and lovely and magic and mystical...
Many times i have the urge to re-dose once the effects start fading away, there's something about the 'acid wonderland' that drawns me to it.

And the acid trip itself, in part because of the reasons stated before, is very conductive to make a user fully believe the 'revelations' it brings, ie acid casualties.
Many times i feel like i'm on the verge of going to the 'other side' on high doses of acid. This does not happen to me on shrooms, i think it's because of the more chaotic and confusing nature of the psilocin trip in me.

Like...It is not so clear for me that the mushroom revelations are completely true. When some insight appears, i get confused and try to think if things are really that way.
On acid though, while i'm under the effect everything seems to make absolute sense, there's no chance that those insights can't be true. It's more difficult to take them 'with a grain of salt' IMHO.

I think those are the reasons that make easier for someone to 'fry' on acid than on shrooms.

In physiological terms i have no idea which is more harmful. Everything i've read on the subject seems to indicate that none is physiologically harmful though.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: LSD vs Mushrooms - Question [Re: esin]
    #3305643 - 11/01/04 06:05 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Silven, I think your friend was arguing with you for the sake of having an argument, just to see you tick.

Acid sounds nastier when you say it, though, doesn't it? Acid... magic mushrooms... Acid... magic mushrooms...

I agree very much that acid trip is cleaner. Really fast onset compared to mushie's long and slow(relatively speaking of course) drag my ass up there already onset. No body load from LSD... Easy intake.(you can even drop it on your eye if you got liquid)...

There is soemthing I don't agree with you guys, though. I think acid is harder on your body. I don't mean harm, I mean just hard. For one, the peak is long long long. It really gives you all you want and then some more, compared to mushrooms which leaves you longing for more. Anyways, back to the body effect... On acid, I'm usually a lot more tense. Jaws, legs, arms, hands, even my neck. And I can't seem to just sit and relax(it's probably possible at lower doses). Always on the edge and have to move around a lot. By the end of the night, it totally drains me out... I mean I don't mind closing my eyes during afterglow and fall asleep with fading CEVs, but I'm really pooped afterwards...

The thing about mush is you can just put some on a plate and eat it with company just like drinking beer. Acid takes a lot more planning. I have to make sure there is plenty of food and water, all the chores are done before hand, calendar cleared to make sure I have enough time to trip and then recoup.

Anyways... Yeah, I think both drugs are physically harmless, but they both have unique physical and non-physical(like required timing issue) issues. I like acid better, but I eat more mushrooms given the choice.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: LSD vs Mushrooms - Question [Re: Sam1912]
    #3306224 - 11/01/04 08:45 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Sam1912 said:
And I can't seem to just sit and relax(it's probably possible at lower doses). Always on the edge and have to move around a lot.

Shrooms tend to do that to me.

I've never actually done acid.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Invisiblemadsickpenguin
    #3306376 - 11/01/04 09:27 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Sam1912 said:

The thing about mush is you can just put some on a plate and eat it with company just like drinking beer. Acid takes a lot more planning. I have to make sure there is plenty of food and water, all the chores are done before hand, calendar cleared to make sure I have enough time to trip and then recoup.

Sam

Sam, can you be more specific on the part where shrooms are like drinking beer? Last time an 1/8 was eatin with a friend, I was completely and utterly helpless! Do you mean u just eat very small amounts to get very mild trips??

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: LSD vs Mushrooms - Question [Re: madsickpenguin]
    #3306580 - 11/01/04 10:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Sure.  For me, it means that it doesn't take much planning.  I can enjoy them on any given evening knowing that I don't need to worry about not being able to sleep or forgetting to lock the door and stuff.  I'm usually sane enough at T+4:00 to tidy things up and lay down for the afterglow.  I usually get to sleep during afterglow, which would be around midnightish.  If I get stuck somewhere or forget to do something, the short duration trip makes it more forgiving.

For acid trips, I gotta make sure I note where the water bottles are, keep some money in my back pocket, put the wallet in the drawer, make sure I take only the keys I need, clear my plans for next day, walk/feed dogs/fish, etc, etc...  Almost a half a day into making sure everything is tidies up before I trip.  Yeah, I know...  I've tripped number of times on acid on the fly before... but I hate that feeling of uncertainty about the things going on in the real world and end up checking everything during the trip.(about 10 times IRL, and about 1000 times in my mind)  And going to work off baseline from acid trip totally sucks, too.

Anyways.. that's what I meant.  I love acid, but mushrooms are far more convenient. :wink:

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
    #3306974 - 11/01/04 11:32 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Acid on the fly can be the best surprise though. "I picked this blotter up today, eat one," is a great sentence to hear.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

OfflineMy_Corona
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3307280 - 11/02/04 12:49 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Well I myself have gravitated more toward LSD it really seems to bond people imensely. Yea it does take quite a bit more planning. I allways like to have NUMEROUS things to do because my ADD goes threw the roof lol. But the planning is what sorta makes it fun you and your trip buddies all just talking havin fun for me at least it is a bit more of a divine experience and I like that a tad more. As for the being tense and stuff I never really had a problem with that I allways just take a breath and try to relax its not too hard for me. Allthough with LSD too much stimuli can send me into another world and then I tense up. I dunno.

--------------------
Im on acid for YOUR protection...

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #3307327 - 11/02/04 01:00 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Shrooms over LSD for me anyday. I'll never touch LSD again, had the most perfect LSD trip, and thats how I want to remember it.

Too me, mushrooms feel better, have less of comedown, better visuals, OoBEs, very happy uncontrolable laughter.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: LSD vs Mushrooms - Question [Re: Civ]
    #3307372 - 11/02/04 01:10 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

My_Corona, are you sure you aren't tensed up while tripping?  It's kinda hard to tell in liquid state, don't you think?  :wink: Try having someone check your muscle tension next time...  You might be surprised.

Civ, I'm so jealous.  I've never had that perfect LSD trip.  Sometimes, I think I did, but then next trip seems to out does the previous one.  Hmmm...  Maybe I'm dosing too high?  What do you think?

Sam

--------------------

OfflineMy_Corona
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3307508 - 11/02/04 01:59 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yea youre right sam I am (HAH) tense to a certain extent but when I was blabbering earlier I was reffering to the tenseness to the point where it makes ya sore.

--------------------
Im on acid for YOUR protection...

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

#3307656 - 11/02/04 02:57 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Civ, I'm so jealous. I've never had that perfect LSD trip. Sometimes, I think I did, but then next trip seems to out does the previous one. Hmmm... Maybe I'm dosing too high? What do you think?

I can't give an exact dosage of how potent the LSD was, it seems to vary so much - my 'perfect' trip was on 9 drops out of a bottle.  Who knows how dulited it could have been.  maybe like 3 doses?  But it was very chill and I was able to trip and not be sidetracked by weird shit going on in my body.

but...

There was my first trip... well to keep that short - this is excerpt of a little report I did a few years ago "....  he said it was LSD -  I took a good "swig" in my mouth.  (Taking in way to much on accident. I didn't know much about acid)  He was like "what the FUCK did you just do, your not s'posed to take that much.  Theres over 100 hits in that bottle!" ....

LSD the potency and quality matter a lot.  When I take my trips I want to embark on a journey - and pilot through my consciencenes without feeling like a crazy person.  LSD makes me feel very crazy, hard to focus on the insane visuals I get.  Feel like I am tweaking.

Don't get me wrong, I would never take back my fry trips.  Great times with good friends thats wont be forgotten.

But if we comparing apples and oranges - err mushrooms and LSD, then fungus for the win.  :mushroom2:

--------------------

Edited by Civ (11/02/04 03:05 AM)

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

#3307668 - 11/02/04 03:00 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

"I picked this blotter up today, eat one,"

I can relate.  One of LSDs strong points.  :crazy2:

--------------------

OfflineSilven
I trip,therefore weare.

Re: LSD vs Mushrooms - Question [Re: Civ]
    #3309251 - 11/02/04 03:06 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

See, I like LSD for the exact reason that you like mushrooms more than LSD.

I love being blasted so far off my rocker that I don't even know I have a body existing in this plane.  I strive for that feeling of losing my grasp on reality where I'm having internal conversations in my mind on "HOW DO I GET OUT OF THIS LOOP!?!  I'm stuck forever!  Reality has never existed?  What am I?" that type of stuff.. I'm sure you've felt it. 

LSD is timeless.. nothing matters except what my mind thinks.  On mushrooms, even on high doses, I don't usually get totally disconnected like LSD does to me and I can still consciously realize that time exists, on LSD I can just forget about time and then it's been 8 hours later and I'm still tripping.

Sam wrote:
Quote:

Silven, I think your friend was arguing with you for the sake of having an argument, just to see you tick.

No, he was dead serious.  He thinks LSD is going to fuck him up for life.  :lol:

Then again, I guess that's what our society is designed to do.. create unasking mindless zombies. 

Just glad we all seemed to make it out of that mould. :smile:

- Silven

--------------------

penny of it.

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

#3310171 - 11/02/04 06:00 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LSD is timeless.

In California time plays a big part in the Acid here, so many different degrees of FRY that its never the same, and never seems strong enough. Since its man made, very hard to be consistant.

Mushrooms are timeless for me, I am eating the same mushrooms that people hundreds of years before me have eaten. Some picked from the same forests/locations.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience