Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
to dunk or not to?
    #3276213 -

My friend doesn't have very good cleanliness and is wondering if he should just birth the cake and dunk after the first flush. He is worried that a contam will happen if he dunks first.

In your opinion what's the best thing to do with cakes (other than casing)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: to dunk or not to? [Re: Moxemerald]
    #3276257 -

If he's worried about cleanliness, he needs to get clean in general, at least his whole room. I'm assuming water he uses in the pod and spray bottle is same water used for dunk... well.. I'm sure you know where I'm going with this.

Boil water in a pot vigorously in a pot for 20 min, let it cool with lid on, and dunk the cakes in them if water is in question. Oh yeah... bit of H2O2 doesn't hurt.

I say dunk it.

Sam


--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: to dunk or not to? [Re: Sam1912]
    #3276264 -

Dunk


--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: to dunk or not to? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3276384 -

I usually just dunk with water straight out of the tap, and never had a problem with contams after a dunk.. so it should be good to go. myc is pretty strong at fighting contams


--------------------
"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." ~ William Colby, Former Director, CIA

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: to dunk or not to? [Re: J4S0N]
    #3276430 -

Dunk always! H202 will crush any contams.

Dunked:


Not dunked (chumped):

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: to dunk or not to? [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3276440 -

He'll probably be dunking and rolling. Does the verm have to be sterilized for this?

I assume it probably doesnt matter since it's dry verm anyway.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: to dunk or not to? [Re: Moxemerald]
    #3276661 -

As far as I know for a roll the verm doesn't need to be sterilized.

I've never had a problem. I've also never had a problem using tap water, which is just stupid and lazy looking back.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: to dunk or not to? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3276673 -

Well, I'm guilt of using straight tap wate for my babies, too. My dog is fine with tap water, too. But if you have doubts, I think taking the extra precaution will set your mind at ease.

Personally, I feel better about myself when I don't second guess things. I end up taking too many actions to counter my possible previous mistake and end up making it way too complicated and sometime just botch things up completely.

Sam


--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: to dunk or not to? [Re: Sam1912]
    #3278250 -

One thing I have noticed about tap water, it is a hella lot dirtier if you live in a city. When I lived out in the boons I had well water and it was the cleanest most refreshing water I could ever drink.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: to dunk or not to? [Re: Moxemerald]
    #3278272 -

Moxemerald said:
He'll probably be dunking and rolling.  Does the verm have to be sterilized for this?

I assume it probably doesnt matter since it's dry verm anyway.



kramer sterilizes the dry verm he uses to roll with...
he just cans a few pints of dry verm every now and then
a pint will do about a dozen cakes(he uses fine verm ) :thumbup:


--------------------
KRAMER CAKES



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: to dunk or not to? [Re: george castanza]
    #3278277 -

Whoa... I go through 3 liters of verm per 10 cakes. But I do put a nice thick layer on top and bottom for double end case. a lot on bottom especially...

Sam


--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: to dunk or not to? [Re: Sam1912]
    #3278304 -

kramers cakes are 1/3 verm and 2/3 millet and he puts as much as will stick to a wet cake on each one top to bottom...sprays them down good, tosses them in the pmp, and sprays them down once a day....he says it works a real nice :sun:


--------------------
KRAMER CAKES



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: to dunk or not to? [Re: george castanza]
    #3278313 -

I use a squirt bottle to wet the verms... each cake absorbs about a pint of water per day after pinning.

Sam


--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* h202 bath??? natty 675 5 12/05/02 07:17 PM
by natty
* H2O2 and perlite cheesenoonions 1,055 2 06/07/02 04:18 PM
by Shdwstr
* Re: When using h202, does it kill your cakes? Lana 2,652 3 07/15/00 10:40 AM
by Anonymous
* H202 in Substrate 13375C0R3 1,894 3 09/08/01 12:59 AM
by tchyted
* problems with grain quarts RedHead 3,812 5 04/02/02 07:37 PM
by RedHead
* A New Innovation To Dunking Cakes! MrBump 8,915 6 11/10/02 06:10 AM
by Hippie3
* Re: 101 ways to use h2o2? Anonymous 1,508 7 02/14/00 12:27 AM
by toad
* Making honey syinges with H2O2???PLEASEREAD Datrutankdogg69 1,604 6 07/26/01 02:43 PM
by L3D

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
852 topic views. 21 members, 126 guests and 204 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.