Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

embarrasing healthy question
    #3267972 - 10/23/04 03:42 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Okay this is really weird, I think that it may be my diet but I can't pinpoint what's changed enough to cause this...

Well, my head smells. My hair usually gets a little bit greasy by night time, but now it's insanely bad. After work, my head just reaks like I've been running around with a toque on it all day. It's embarassing as fuck!? Do I not shower enough? I shower each morning. Work lonnng shifts, so by the time they're over I smell.

I tried switching to head and shoulders, but I'm at work on my break now and I've noticed that it's starting to smell. It's not horrible or anything, but I'm very critical and if I can smell it.. god know what other people are thinking.

Can anyone recommend a good shampoo that can remedy this? My hair's fine otherwise. Couldn't complain about it really. I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out here. Thanks.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinevc77
grillmaster
 User Gallery

Loc: University Place, WA
Re: embarrasing healthy question [Re: browndustin]
    #3268177 - 10/23/04 04:36 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Shave your head :wink:

--------------------
ich essen die mushmush

Offlinethelox
Re: embarrasing healthy question [Re: vc77]
    #3268419 - 10/23/04 05:52 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Well I've noticed girls that use shampoo with a strong fruity scent to it. Smells really good, on a chick anyway

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #3268571 - 10/23/04 06:32 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Do you wear a hat all the time, that could be it if you do. If you eat garlic and onions, it can smell when u sweat. Unless you have an infection festering, it cant smell that bad. But if you wear a hard hat at work, that can cause it to smell. It may just be you...how the hell do u smell your own head anyways? I dont even wash my head every day, and it smells the way its suppose to smewll probably. USe a nice smelling shampoo, and theres no such thing as a girlie shampoo...your allowed to smell like nice shit too. Good luck.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: embarrasing healthy question [Re: Northernsoul]
    #3268988 - 10/23/04 08:30 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Hmm.. well I had my head down, and as I rose I got a whiff of my head. Smelled like a dirty ass head and it disgusted me. I'm very sensitive to smells so I noticed it right away. Could have just been my diet as of late. My head smells a little bit dirty right now but it's not so bad.

Guess I'll look for something that cuts down the grease and smells nice. Once I stole some coconut shampoo from my mom when I had long hair. Holllly shit did it ever smell nice. Fruity is gooood.

--------------------

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #3269287 - 10/23/04 10:33 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

shampoo is like coffee. very habbit forming. it also subverts your bodys own cleaning mechanisms. IMO

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #3271895 - 10/24/04 05:09 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

browndustin said:
Hmm.. well I had my head down, and as I rose I got a whiff of my head.

Ok, then try cleaning your bedding. Strip your bed sheets, your pillow sheets, wash, and dry. Aplly back to bed, and enjoys the feeling, and great smell of having a clean bed!

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Offlineqzaitz
Stranger
Re: embarrasing healthy question [Re: Northernsoul]
    #3275264 - 10/25/04 02:47 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Well my hair used to be long, and every morning when I woke up my hair was like stuck to my head and my face was greasy..Shower everyday and cut you hair shorter, then you wont be greasy no more...also watch what you eat...foods with high suger content are known to cause acne, which comes from a greasy face, which also comes from long hair

Offlinefungigal
lonely gal
Re: embarrasing healthy question [Re: qzaitz]
    #3275880 - 10/25/04 05:38 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

This may sound a little crazy but since you have oily hair try washing it in DAWN that rigt dish detergent. It has grease cutters in it. I know it will cut down on it anyway.

--------------------
shrooming is a way of life

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3276648 - 10/25/04 09:16 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

what shampoo and conditioner do you use? do you have long hair?

Invisiblen_tara
Stranger

Loc: Canada
    #3277149 - 10/25/04 11:03 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

maybe you have some sort of smelly head fungus. i read a question something like yours in a bad magazine once and i think they suggested that it was possibly a fungus. so, that's my diagnosis. ask a doctor or a dermatologist if there's something you can do about it.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: embarrasing healthy question [Re: n_tara]
    #3277627 - 10/26/04 01:20 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I've got short hair again, just got it cut in fact. I think it may be because I haven't washed my sheets and pillow case in a while. I know it may sound disgusting but I'm usually a real big clean freak/nerd.

Sheets and pillow cases are clean though, no smelly head. I concluded that it must have been that, but then I posted this, for reasons beyond me. I swear I wasn't stoned either.. heh. :smirk:

I would still love to hear some names of good smelling/working shampoos and conditioners. Why not? Some of the stuff smells fricken good. My mom gave me this generic drug store brand shampoo for dandruff and greasy hair seeing as how no one used it, and it's the best stuff I've smelled in a long time!! I just want to grab the bottle right now and start huffing it.

--------------------

Offlineannielicious
pisces
Female

#3279175 - 10/26/04 01:39 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I have worked in the health care field for a long time, and actually that is not soooo embarrasing. Here is my suggestion, ask your hair dresser. She/he would probably be the most knowledgable on this topic. The body is complex and any change you do nutritionally etc can manifest into some interesting functions, like your own. Good luck, and remember ... someone else has something more embarrassing that you.

--------------------
"Everything that limits us, we have to put aside."  Jonathan Livingston Seagull

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: embarrasing healthy question [Re: annielicious]
    #3280457 - 10/26/04 06:47 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Everyone is recommending curing the symptom when BrownDustin obviously knows the cause of the problem! Why not change that??

Change your diet, man! :heart:

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #3282199 - 10/27/04 12:57 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe you should shower when you get off?  :wink:

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: embarrasing healthy question [Re: Zero7a1]
    #3283070 - 10/27/04 07:27 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i usually wash my hair with bar soap once a week or so, and then a conditioner.. i mean i wash it more often than that, but once a week with the.. yeah. YOU HEARD ME YOU KNOW WHAT I EMAN
just to get it dry, my hair can get fairly grezzy. not awful, not too smelly, but it bugs me. works wonders though.

don't let her know but i used to steal my roommate's hair shit sometimes. she'd kill me ;D but it does smell good..

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3283930 - 10/27/04 01:16 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

paul mitchell - comes in a white bottle w/ black lettering. does not test on animals. be sure to use shampoo & conditioner.

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: embarrasing healthy question [Re: Vvellum]
    #3288259 - 10/28/04 08:27 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Personally, I've used nothing but WATER on my hair for about the past 3 years or so. Though I rinse it every day with water I don't use any kind of products on it except if something gets in it I might use a little bit of bar soap, but that happens infrequently.

Last year I had a flatmate (dunno what you call em in the states, people you live in a house with when your renting as a student), who was at hairdressing school. She was tellin me theres two ways to have the technically healthiest hair. You can either (a) use a shitload of really fancy expensive shampoos, conditioners, oils etc that basically strip your hair of everything and then re-apply a shinier synthetic version, or you can (b) use absolutely no products at all, and this lets your natural oils build up to a stable level. I was happy to hear this as this is what I do.

She said that if you do somewhere in between, like shampoo it once a day or once a week with some generic shampoo, then your not in such a good situation. This is because you strip your hair of its natural protective oils, and you head produces excess to compensate, so you get dirty oily hair that can also smell kinda funky. Basically the vibe I was gettin from her was that when it comes to healthy hair its kind of an all-or-nothing approach.

Now sure my hair isn't flowing shiny silk like on commercials, its just hair. Not super shiny but not dull either. It has a smell, it smells like hair, not really good or bad, just human. Its slightly oily but not to a large extent because its at its equilibrium now so my head doesnt need to produce excess oils.

Sure some can call me a hippie, haha, some people get grossed out by it, especially if I tell them I don't use deodorant either. Why the fuck is everyone so convinced that we need all of these products, that have infact only been around for 100 years max out of the several hundred thousand years of humanity...what a crock! I'm not against it I just don't think its necessary.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: embarrasing healthy question [Re: zee_werp]
    #3288529 - 10/28/04 11:32 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

everyone I know that doesnt wash their hair or use deodorant just plain stinks. You might not notice it, but I'm sure others do behind your back. But whatever makes you happy...

oh, and as far as deodorant goes, I use rock crystal deodorant, such as: http://www.crystaldeodorantprotection.com - it lasts over a year and is very natural - it simply prevents the bacteria that makes you smell bad.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being