Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates, CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineheadset
Stranger
Tinea skin infection
    #4979920 - 11/25/05 12:33 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

http://www.medem.com/medlb/article_detaillb.cfm?article_id=zzz8w2qju9c&sub_cat=296

Atheletes foot on my back!

So ive got this skin infection taking over my back, white splotches - it looks like someone poured bleach over me and in the summer i cant tan.

At least 5 of my friends have it just as bad, or getting progressively worse. No one knows how we got it, or how to get rid of it (the antifungals are very expensive in tiny bottles and go very fast.) The doctor told me 45% of the population has it and that its no big deal...

Im not too concerned with it - i am a dirty kid, and living in aseptic conditions just wont happen so i feel im bound to live with it for now at least. My roommate suggested i try some collegial silver (sp?) or grapeseed extract?

anyone else getting bleached?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Tinea skin infection [Re: headset]
    #4979937 - 11/25/05 12:42 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

They look like pale spots, where your skin won't tan?

It's not the same thing as athlete's foot. From what I know it is caused by the same fungus that causes dandruff and dry scalp. Some people are susceptible to getting the infection in places other than their head.

Go to the drug store and get a bottle of "Selsun Blue" shampoo. It's for dandruff, but WILL get rid of this kind of skin infection as well (I've had it before). Look for the kind that has the HIGHEST % of selenium sulphide in it - the more the better.

When you take a shower, wash your upper torso with the Selsun as if it were a body wash or something. The longer you can keep it on your skin, the faster it will work, so it helps to stand out of the water spray to leave the shampoo on your skin for 2-4 minutes. Do this EVERY DAY for 2 weeks and the infection should be completely gone. It will probably almost totally disappear within the first week (it did for me) but you want to keep up the treatment for another week to make sure you get it all.

You can go a little further and apply the shampoo AFTER your shower, without washing it off at all. You will smell a little like shampoo for the rest of the day, but I found this REALLY helps get rid of the infection. What I did was apply a little shampoo to the affected areas (my upper back and lower neck) before I went to bed each night. Then I did the shower bit with my morning shower.

Works wonders, and only costs about $10 per bottle. It shouldn't take more than 1/2 a bottle to completely get rid of an infection (don't put TOO much on).

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Tinea skin infection [Re: trendal]
    #4979985 - 11/25/05 12:54 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

For more info:

The fungus that causes this infection is called M. furfur and is actually present on the skin of 90-100% of adults (meaning EVERYONE carries it around on them). For reasons not entirely known, something like 2-8% of the population is susceptible to getting a full-blown infection from this fungus. It is more common in the tropics and warm areas.

If you have gotten it this once, chances are you will be susceptible to it for the next 10 years or so (most common in males between 18-30, I think). A good way to help PREVENT breakouts in the future is to wash your torso with the selsun shampoo about once every 2-4 weeks, even if you don't have any spots at all. This should completely eliminate your chances of getting it again.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tinea skin infection [Re: trendal]
    #4980206 - 11/25/05 02:04 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i had this same thing. to cure it, go get Selson Blue Medicated, and put it on the affected areas. It will help it, even cure it after a month or two with daily use.

There is an even stronger prescription version too, but it does the same thing. It's like dandruff on your skin, sort of weird. Doctor told me my case was because of humidity.

Its a bitch because it goes away for a while, than can come back years later. Just treat as necessary.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlineheadset
Stranger
Re: Tinea skin infection [Re: kotik]
    #4980308 - 11/25/05 02:37 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Hey rad, thanks guys!

thats definately what it is, apperently tinea versicolor which is caused by M. furfur.

interesting that selsun blue will take care of it - my doctor had me buy a 15ml tube of antifungal cream costing almost $20. It was gone in a few days while treatment was to continue for 6 weeks..

tea tree oil didnt work either.

glad im not the only freak.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4982325 - 11/26/05 05:40 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

even though it appears to be gone, I would suggest continue putting the cream on the same spots until its gone. Then if it comes back try that medicated selsun blue instead of forking out the crazy money for some doctor prescriped stuff.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery
    #4982583 - 11/26/05 09:39 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

tinea versicolor is a topical yeast/fungal infection. not sure why but it definitely responds to dandruff shampoo's that contain sulfur-salicyclic acid, zinc-pyrithione or Selenium sulfide. apply this to the skin in the shower and let it sit for some time... you can scrub your nuts or wash your feet in the mean time...

to prevent it from ever reoccuring consider limiting the amount of simple sugars you eat each day... body yeast love sugar...

years ago dermatologists used to say once you got it you were stuck with it... pfft... this shit is easy to get rid of...

:peace:
cateyes

Edited by cateyes (11/26/05 09:40 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates, CBD Topicals