Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
6 days...Somthings wrong with my rye jars maybe!?!?
    #3259706 -

Hey. I have done rye jars for a long time now, and almost always it goes great. I use magash rye tek to do it, and I usaly just put in my closet. But the past 2 times I wanted to try it in the incubator to see if it would make a difference. It's just a standard tub in tub with sub. fish tank heater set to 84. I also have a thermo. in there to check the temp and it is at 84.

I have no idea why, but the last batch of 11 pint jars of rye didn't grow, and this batch looks not so good.
On both batchs, some of the kernals were split open and when those split open ones push up to the jar side, it looks like there is water released from them like crazy. Also, on these 2 batchs the rye looks like a shade of dark brown.

Usaly when I do rye, it comes out to be a bright brown, and almost no kernals are poped and it finishes colinizing in like 12 days.

My jars are in the 6th day and 7 of them show very very small signs of myc. growth. the other 4 show nothing.

Maybe it's because the kernals are split? or somthing?
Oh yeah and these are Ecuador and PESA spores.
Thanks for the help.

How my jars usaly look 6 days in -




How my jars look this time - (you can see the split rye easyly)


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 6 days...Somthings wrong with my rye jars maybe!?!? [Re: doug_E_fresh]
    #3263052 -

anyone?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 6 days...Somthings wrong with my rye jars maybe!?!? [Re: doug_E_fresh]
    #3263059 -

Did you soak and/or boil the rye too long? If you do, they will explode and release all the water.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 6 days...Somthings wrong with my rye jars maybe!?!? [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3263094 -

Maybe a mishap with the water content. I'm not sure though.


--------------------


"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.  Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.  The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." - John Muir

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 6 days...Somthings wrong with my rye jars maybe!?!? [Re: Chimera]
    #3263137 -

Looks to wet to me..simmered for to long IMO. It will just take slightly longer. Only shake them once as well. Wet jars tend to not recoupe to easy.


--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 6 days...Somthings wrong with my rye jars maybe!?!? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3263877 -

Yeah I think I simmered at too high of a heat and the grain split open. Also, I think I stired it too much when I was simmering which aloud the grains to open and release the starchs. I don't know, it doesn't look as bad now, you think they will recover?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 6 days...Somthings wrong with my rye jars maybe!?!? [Re: doug_E_fresh]
    #3266672 -

Yes I do, I've done it many times. It will just take an extra bit of time.


--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I Overcooked my rye jars, am I okay vader 2,359 3 03/24/02 09:57 AM
by nw2shroom
* Injecting H20 ccs into Rye Jars LucidDayDream 1,862 3 02/15/02 12:46 PM
by kingkc
* Rye jar casing Dephighance 1,153 1 04/03/02 06:57 PM
by Roadkill
* Re: loose lids on rye jars? rebelmoon 2,642 10 05/02/00 08:21 PM
by Anonymous
* quick question about rye jars Chemical_Smile 1,669 6 07/19/17 12:01 AM
by pyro101981
* Beautiful rye jars trapped!!!! SumGuy 2,267 9 08/20/01 08:13 AM
by kayaman9
* Advice for stagnant rye jars? robinhood2 1,087 3 09/02/02 10:53 AM
by SixTango
* Re: --Injecting spores into rye jars-- vts1134 2,113 3 04/10/00 03:48 AM
by B.I.O.

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,109 topic views. 12 members, 107 guests and 132 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.