Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Salvia Grow Operation Pics [Re: schmutzen]
    #3236304 -

If you have an unbranching plant, Go to the very tip where new leaves are coming out and forming a node and cut it or pinch with your nails the tip down to the newest node. That'll encourage lateral shoot growth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia Grow Operation Pics [Re: Pisces]
    #3236544 -

they look very healthy! a bit overlighted (i like mine dark green) but those large leaves and fat stems are a nice sight! =)
once at 1,5 2 months i pump mine with 20-20-20 NPK. they get FAT!


FH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia Grow Operation Pics [Re: neuro]
    #3236916 -

I guess I did read that awhile back. Thanks for helping me remember. I get multiple shoots coming up from base if i just leave her alone. But i'll have to give that a shot.


--------------------


"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

- John Prine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia Grow Operation Pics [Re: schmutzen]
    #3236967 -

hey i like your plants. i was wondering what kind of yield you get with your plants .

peace


--------------------
Mice have feelings

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia Grow Operation Pics [Re: schmutzen]
    #3239478 -

If it gets tall enough that'll happen, less influence from the meristem inhibiting shoot growth. It's sort of like a push and pull. Hormones produced by the roots influence shoot growth, but hormones produced by the meristem inhibit shoot growth. So once the top of the plant gets sufficiently far enough away, the hormones have less of an effect and the root hormones have more of an effect.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia Grow Operation Pics [Re: neuro]
    #3250794 -

>>i was wondering what kind of yield you get with your plants.

I have yet to really harvest from them so I will post when I do. When I made my cuttings from the large one I got half a dried once from all the leaves that where too close to the node I would be placing in water/ rooting from.

neuro, nice tip Im thinking of pinching the tips of all my cuttings in hopes that I get full bushy plants vs extremely tall ones.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia Grow Operation Pics [Re: Pisces]
    #3287084 -

UPDATE~







Has anyone here experienced their salvia leaves taking on a bright to dark purple tint? Im guessing it may be from the absurd light cycles I have been giving them but am not completely sure.




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia Grow Operation Pics [Re: Pisces]
    #3287115 -

Pull em away from the lights if they turn color. Do you have a humidifyer in there because salvia loves high humidity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia Grow Operation Pics [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3287890 -

Becareful not to burn your attic down.

if you have to wear sunglasses when you water your plants it may be a sign of too much light; regarding salvia.d

Although your set up is nice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia Grow Operation Pics [Re: runnerup]
    #3289291 -

sunglasses when working with HID lights is always a good idea.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia Grow Operation Pics [Re: Pisces]
    #3293639 -

I wish I had the room to setup something like that. There isn't anymore room in my bedroom to put my Sally plants.


--------------------
Salvia Experiences:

First Time With Salvia

A Visit With The Queen

Mushroom Experiences:

My first mushroom trip changed my life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia Grow Operation Pics [Re: Real_Poopypants]
    #3293720 -

Killer grow Pisces!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia Grow Operation Pics [Re: Super_Blunt]
    #3296273 -

>>if you have to wear sunglasses
>>sunglasses when working with HID lights is always a good idea

Nah I dont need to wear sunglasses, there just compact floros.

Thanks for the comments Super Blunt and all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia Grow Operation Pics [Re: Pisces]
    #3360523 -

Hi all,
I am new to shroomery.org and to growing salvia (or anything for that matter!). I just purchased the plant last weekend, and it was shipped to me on Monday. Even though the person only lives 3 states away and they shipped it Priority, USPS took forever (and because of the holiday) it ended up taking 5 days (4 nights) to get here. Unfortunatly for me it was in the 20's every single one of those nights, and was only in the 30's-40's during those days. I'm in Ohio by the way.

Well despite all that the plant arrived in fair condition! Quite a few of the leaves were black around the edges, but only 2 small ones had actually fallen off in the shipment, and only 1 very small one since then. I got it on Friday and it's now Sunday.

My first question is, will those leaves with black edges wilt and die? Or will just the black part fall off? Or is it too hard to tell.

Ok secondly, like I said I don't know much about growing, but here is  a pic of my setup:


The plant is almost 2 feet tall (measuring from the floor to the tallest leaf). It is inside a laundry basket that is a little over 2 feet tall. I have foil on the front and one side, and paper towels down the back. The paper towels were used to cover up the holes in the laundry basket because it was losing too much humidity, but are also convenient to spray because they hold water/humidity. The temp is pretty much a constant 70, and I spray to keep the humidity around 70-80%. I put the foil in because it was such a narrow space that I thought I would need to reflect the light. The light is a 20" aquarium grow bulb (fluorescent) that is sitting on top of the basket. I also have an 18" that I was going to run down the side if needed however it appears to be enough light with the reflection of the foil, but I'm new so I don't really know!  :smile:

Does this setup look ok to you all? The reason for having it in a laundry basket is because I don't really have anywhere else to put it. I live in a house with 3 other people and a cat. I needed to make sure it was somewhere safe that no one would be messing with it. Also considering it's winter and we have the heat on, the humidity has dropped dramatically in our house and I have a hard enough time keeping the plant in a high humidity as is. In a full room it would be impossible. And I don't have any closets I can put it in.

I really want my plant to do well, so can anyone give me any tips about my setup? What I'm doing wrong, what I'm doing right? Etc?

Thanks!!!
Brent

PS- Sorry this is so long! Haha

Edit: typos!

Edited by flipzmode (11/14/04 03:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Salvia Divinorum Pics SalviaEngland 2,845 14 04/26/02 01:59 PM
by SalviaEngland
* Brown salvia leafs, help! (pic). MAIA 1,825 13 02/15/02 06:16 PM
by Anno
* Some Salvia grow fast, others slow, but why? Tengu 1,681 1 11/20/01 07:49 PM
by felixhigh
* salvia growing question asydblot 1,196 3 02/19/02 04:08 PM
by MeneerCactus
* Salvia Grow log - Started 11/29/02 Anonymous 1,780 5 12/06/02 02:37 PM
by Anonymous
* salvia indoor grow user_exists 3,345 9 11/16/02 04:25 PM
by neuro
* Salvia
( 1 2 all )
AnnoA 4,554 36 03/03/02 12:27 AM
by MeneerCactus
* salvia strains??? felixhigh 1,188 4 11/23/02 06:23 PM
by GhostPanther

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
4,110 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.