Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenu2mycology
trying out pooh
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida USA
cobweb?
    #3232159 - 10/08/04 08:05 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I am wondering if this is the dreaded cobweb mold?
I have a casing in a fruiting chamber that has lots of healthy white growth, but seems to be an equal amount that isn't the same white. could it be?
hopefully not!
I have pictures but need to figure out how to make them less than 200 kb to upload them here. anyone know how to  do that?
:confused: :smile: :mushroom2: :rasta:

--------------------
The author of this lies more than the government and you should not believe anything he writes!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenu2mycology
trying out pooh
 User Gallery

Re: cobweb? [Re: nu2mycology]
    #3232265 - 10/08/04 08:55 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

so here hopefully will appear pics. of what I am hoping is not, could not possibly be the dreaded cobweb mold! 
still not working!!!!! How do I get my pic. that I uploaded to the shroomery to appear in my thread? I have clicked on the "add pic. to post link. but get no further! :confused: :confused: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :smile: :rasta:

--------------------
The author of this lies more than the government and you should not believe anything he writes!

Edited by nu2mycology (10/08/04 09:16 AM)

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Trusted Cultivator
    #3234029 - 10/08/04 05:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The pic was shot from way too far away to see enough detail. But, mix up 1 part Hydrogen Peroxide (drugstore) with 10 parts water and gently (gently, don't overdo it!) mist the casing. Cobweb will immediately fall back; mycelium will just sit there.

Good luck!  :mushroom2:

Edit: typo    =8-)

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Edited by Diploid (10/08/04 05:24 PM)

InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: cobweb? [Re: Diploid]
    #3234032 - 10/08/04 05:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
The pic was shot from way too far away to see enough detail. But, mix up 1 part Hydrogen Peroxide (drugstore) with 100 parts of water and gently mist the casing. Cobweb will immediately fall back; mycelium will just sit there.

Good luck!  :mushroom2:

1/10 not 1/100, thats bleach silly.  (I know it was a typo heh)

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek ** Update 10.17.17 **
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

Offlinenu2mycology
trying out pooh
 User Gallery

Re: cobweb? [Re: Citric]
    #3234238 - 10/08/04 06:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have been taking pics, that are big and clear when I take them but am forced to reduce the size to conform to shroomery specs. 200 kb. isn't much! I have seen bigger pics. anyone know how that is done?

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3234268 - 10/08/04 06:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Turn your quality down. My pics are about 60-80kb each taken on low quality with my camera and dont need to be resized:

By the way you should not use a 1:10 h202 to spray your casings covered in myc like that. It will set myc back also and if it is cobweb h202 won't kill it using a light spray. Cobweb can take h202 just as much as myc can.

However that looks like normal myc to me. Some of it can look different if you used a multispore, you have different kinds (though all the same strain) of myc in there. I wouldnt worry. It is a bit small to see for sure so don't take this as 100% but from that size..looks like all myc.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Edited by scatmanrav (10/08/04 06:44 PM)

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: cobweb? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3234417 - 10/08/04 07:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

That casing should have been initiated a week ago if so peroxide could really do some harm to developing pins now. I suggest letting it go also as I'm not convinced there's cobweb either yet. (closer pic) :wink:

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlinenu2mycology
trying out pooh
 User Gallery

Re: cobweb? [Re: hyphae]
    #3234557 - 10/08/04 08:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

That casing was taken out of the 86 degree water incubator and placed in a 73 degree fruiting chamber with 100% RH 1 week ago.(maybe 6 days)
Glad to hear y'all think it is probly ok! it kinda looks likw a million little tiny white nerds! I'm watching pretty close to see if they are in fact pins. I think they are!
Thanks for the help! Will work on taking better pics.

--------------------

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3234595 - 10/08/04 08:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You got the timing pegged WTG!!! 5 shrooms for you! :wink:

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineStrange_Design
Cucumber

#3234747 - 10/08/04 09:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

if you happen to have the cob, it will leap off the casing, lifting up off the casing a half-inch or so. where myc will stick close to the surface.

cob is very stringy, looking like a cobweb floating above the surface of the casing.

myc has two main looks. either ropey or cottoney. the cotteney is often seen as cobweb but is not.

i wish i could describe it better, but if it is not well above the surface of the casing you are cool.

best of luck.

InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3234761 - 10/08/04 09:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Actually, h2o2 has been known to kill off cobweb all the time.

However, I dont think that the picture is cobweb, from what I could tell atleast.

If it was, there isnt much he could do about pins forming. The pins would be ruined by the cobweb. So without a bigger picture, it is to close to call.

Leaving them alone could cause risk to kill off your flush, IF indeed it is cobweb(I dont think it is, but I cant say for sure with that picture).

Misting them with h2o2, with knots and primo forming, could very well, and probally would, hurt the casing aborting your flush.

--------------------
Cup O' Shrooms
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3234884 - 10/08/04 10:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Sure peroxide could kill cobweb. Or myc. Or green. Or anything. If you use enough. It's applied only in molded sections but to have a whole casing covered with it to spray it with any sort of h202 mixture strong enough to completly kill the cobweb would also kill alot of his myc. Spraying them down with a concentration of h202 high enough could kill off the flush and since its a much better chance that its not contamed, the risk would be greater then if you left it alone.

Absolutly great timing and glad you got pins starting! Keep us updated with pics.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3234889 - 10/08/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

1/10 is standard for misting your casings, or for adding to your humidifiers.

It will not kill the myc, you are misinformed. It will not kill green either.

--------------------
Cup O' Shrooms

My final Grow!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3234906 - 10/08/04 10:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

1:10 won't kill myc but at this stage will damage it. 3% at 1:10 also will not kill cobweb. I am not misinformed and mist my casings with a light h202 mixture..less then 10% of 3% after the myc starts comming in though. I also add it to all 4 of my humidifiers. And in large enough quanity h202 will kill green.

--------------------

Edited by scatmanrav (10/08/04 10:28 PM)

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #3234942 - 10/08/04 10:30 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

you can use h202 out of the bottle and it won't kill green mold. Once it's green it's to late anyway.

A standard mix I've seen hit pins on more times then is possiable to count without hurting them is the standard 1/10 h202/water. Do I use that mix hell no I use a much stronger mix. I've seen pure h202 (the 3% stuff) on a casing and it didn't kill any myc at all (or any fucking green for that matter), it would fuck up pins though.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3234946 - 10/08/04 10:31 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You are correct in the fact that 1/10th is standard and it won't kill myc or trich. It will retard myc's growth slightly and very well abort pins especially with repeated use. Misting daily with h2o2 water is not good for growth what so ever, it is good for controlling cobweb and I've seen it stop the spread of cobweb in it's early stages and it never came back (after repeated use). H2o2 is good for killing sporulating molds AFTER they have been cut out. Just my $.02

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: cobweb? [Re: Magash]
    #3234976 - 10/08/04 10:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I dumped a casing being infested by black pin and a little green once
into 35% h202 (http://www.h2o2-4u.com/price.html) and let it soak until it stopped bubbling. Pulled the casing out and threw it into a small pmp by itself..nothing more grew, including the molds. I'm not saying spraying it with 3% would do it, you need to soak the mold until it stops bubbling. H202 should kill any mold/bacteria/fungi if you use enough of it. Soaking in a stronger solution being whats needed to be enough sometimes. You just gotta give it more peroxide then it can produce enzymes to break it down.

Thinking about it more though perhaps cobweb if thin would not be able to produce the enzymes quick enough. I still don't think that 10% of a 3% is enough though to kill off a mold and all its spores, even cobweb. I havn't experienced it yet but I have heard stories of it being quite hard to get rid of.

--------------------

InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3234989 - 10/08/04 10:45 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well, not trying to be an asshole. But if you think it or not, it has been proven time after time again, that 1/10 h2o2 has killed off cobweb mold.

--------------------
Cup O' Shrooms

My final Grow!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3234997 - 10/08/04 10:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well yeah I guess I have a few more people against me saying cobweb can be controlled by h202. I'll admit to my original statments about it being speculation and what I remembered reading before but was obviously remembered wrong :smile:

Either way, I still say you just got some myc and you'd know if it was cobweb extending off the surface much higher then myc.

--------------------

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3235004 - 10/08/04 10:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I would remove and destroy contamed casings/cakes for me it's not worth messing around with.

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom