Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJayBeE
The Truth, I need an answer
    #320082 - 05/18/01 11:23 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Alright, well I know a little bit about shrooms I mean more then the average tripper. Most info all learned online and experiences. I have been haveing an on going argument with my buddy about shrooms. He feels that you can easly overdose on them. I say I have heared of only a few cases. He also tells me if your mind shuts down or you think you are going to die your mind can stop your bodily functions. This all came about because his friend and my friend lost it bad one night he went into convulsions on the floor and was positive of his death coming that night. So what I would really like to know is what are the statistics on overdosing from shrooms how many have OD and if they did why? My friends that have went on bad trips had nothing to do with the dose, in fact they took avg. doses just hit them extremly hard and almost evil like. (also they didn't fast and their moods were good) I would like to read up more on how the chemicals in mushrooms effect your brain and so on. SO I can have a valied argurment, and if I'm right calm my friends down about the thought of OD on shrooms. I would hate myself if I gave my friends shrooms and they OD. Sorry about the length of this, any intelligent and well backed info would be nice thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
Re: The Truth, I need an answer [Re: JayBeE]
    #320085 - 05/18/01 11:28 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know that I have ever overdosed on shrooms I have eaten 15 grams of pretty good shrooms and tripped balls but overdose?? some here will give you a good answer

www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores
remember, behind every great fortune there is an even greater crime

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#320240 - 05/18/01 03:31 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

first of all your friends are totally uninformed. i dont believe anybody has ever died from eating shrooms (you would probably have to eat your own body weight in them to do that) they are one of the safest drugs around, same goes for acid

We're all mad here...

OfflineCDXX
Re: The Truth, I need an answer [Re: HB]
    #320248 - 05/18/01 03:37 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Sean you can OD on acid.

Everyone has their own path, but in the end all those paths meet at one road. And that my friend, is the road to enlightenment.

--------------------
Everyone has their own path, but in the end all those paths meet at one road. And that my friend, is the road to enlightenment.

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
    #320254 - 05/18/01 03:44 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

all on board the sleepy train! next stop general ques.

"Nothing is absolute except for the absence of absoluteness"

OfflineJayBeE
Re: also.. [Re: JayBeE]
    #320268 - 05/18/01 04:13 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Also I guess I would like to know whats the proability of fucking your mind up bad? Does it happen from very large doses or is it casued mostly from repeated use.

OfflineJayBeE
The Truth, I need an answer [Re: JayBeE]
    #320270 - 05/18/01 04:17 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Alright, well I know a little bit about shrooms I mean more then the average tripper. Most info all learned online and experiences. I have been haveing an on going argument with my buddy about shrooms. He feels that you can easly overdose on them. I say I have heared of only a few cases. He also tells me if your mind shuts down or you think you are going to die your mind can stop your bodily functions. This all came about because his friend and my friend lost it bad one night he went into convulsions on the floor and was positive of his death coming that night. So what I would really like to know is what are the statistics on overdosing from shrooms how many have OD and if they did why? My friends that have went on bad trips had nothing to do with the dose, in fact they took avg. doses just hit them extremly hard and almost evil like. (also they didn't fast and their moods were good) I would like to read up more on how the chemicals in mushrooms effect your brain and so on. SO I can have a valied argurment, and if I'm right calm my friends down about the thought of OD on shrooms. I would hate myself if I gave my friends shrooms and they OD. Sorry about the length of this, any intelligent and well backed info would be nice thanks.

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
    #320282 - 05/18/01 04:28 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

this doesnt belong here... you are the weakest link goodbye!

"Nothing is absolute except for the absence of absoluteness"

Invisiblezeuzjuz
kicker of elves
Re: The Truth, I need an answer [Re: CDXX]
    #320285 - 05/18/01 04:30 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

No you can't (OD on acid), or shrooms either... Well I guess you COULD, but in order to get your hands on that much acid you'd have to be a multi-millionaire... I have known (crazy) people to gobble up a half a sheet, and they tripped longer than usual, but were fine by the next night....It is pretty tough to overdose on any psychedelic... The problem would more likely be the person taking the psychedelic being weak-minded, and having suicidal thoughts while dosed, becuase of their mind being more reflective and inner-looking. I have never heard of anyone dying from acid or shrooms, except the occasional IDIOT that jumps out a window or something... But hey, they would have done that eventually, while drunk one night or something, anyway.

//sananaB cinataS tronS I//

--------------------

Offlinegoblin

Loc: Latvia
    #320412 - 05/18/01 07:09 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

As far as I can know (not much about LSD) can't overdose on LSD. You defiatley not overdose on shrooms, it's impossible. Tell your friends to educate themself a bit more. In theory is possible, but in practice you would rupture your stomach before overdose.

--------------------

Offlinebender420
    #320421 - 05/18/01 07:25 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Estimated LD50 of Psilocybin 641 doses of 16mg

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/health/psychoactives_ld50s.shtml

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: The Truth, I need an answer [Re: zeuzjuz]
    #320428 - 05/18/01 07:31 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

> being weak-minded, and having suicidal thoughts while dosed, becuase of their mind being more reflective and inner-looking.

oh, so that's how you tell that people are weak minded?

> I have never heard of anyone dying from acid or shrooms, except the occasional IDIOT that jumps out a window or something... But hey, they would have done that eventually, while drunk one night or something, anyway.

You sound like the co-founder of the WHBF.

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: The Truth, I need an answer [Re: goblin]
    #320429 - 05/18/01 07:31 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

it's not impossible to OD on LSD or shrooms, but it is very difficult or impractical.

Invisiblezeuzjuz
kicker of elves
Re: The Truth, I need an answer [Re: Kid]
    #320593 - 05/18/01 11:34 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Read my post again, I worded it weird, but I wasn't saying being reflective and introverted means you are weak minded, that's why I used the conjuction 'and' in that sentence. I meant a combination of being weak minded, AND being introverted could lead you to be suicidal, with or without drugs.
I hate having my words twisted.

--------------------

Invisiblezeuzjuz
kicker of elves
    #320597 - 05/18/01 11:36 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

BTW, I also find it strange that someone who professes other people to be evil and uncaring, would use terms such as the Worthless Human Being Foundation. At least I'm not calling other humans 'worthless'.

--------------------

Offlinehunterthompson
I climb rocks

#320625 - 05/19/01 12:10 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

the only reported OD on LSD is 800Mg yes milligrams straight in the vien. I heard buddah dies of a mushroom O.D., I don't beleive it but a history teacher at my school sure does. I am gonna go pass out now an think about that I have done tongiht, I wonder how many police will be lookin for me towmarrow.

-=PeAcE+-

OfflineNextGenHippie
enthusiast
Loc: MD, USA
    #320980 - 05/19/01 02:12 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

OD?? On shrooms?? that's something like twice your body weight just to reach LD50. Have your friend doo some reasearch.

'The fool on the hill sees the sun going down,
and the eyes in his head see the world spinning 'round'
-The Beatles

--------------------
[pot]Think left and think right[pot]
[pot]and think low and think high[pot]
[pot]Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try[pot]
-Dr. Seuss

OfflineKrendle
veteran
    #321916 - 05/20/01 06:57 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

It's a joke, an exaggeration, a hyperbole. Nothing to get fired up about.

BTW I am the sole founder of the WHBF. Psycho has supported us from the beginning and for that he is an honorary inductee (to the board, of course, not the general membership). Being a moderator might get in the way. Kid you sound like a potential partner. zeuzjuz, you sound far to nice to be on the board and have proven too useful to be a member. Meeting adjourned

This space has been donated to the WHBF. For more information, ask.

--------------------
First person to PM me with a truly witty sig gets to see their words at the bottom of my posts :wink:

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #322036 - 05/20/01 09:45 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I don't label people "evil".

Invisiblezeuzjuz
kicker of elves
    #322089 - 05/20/01 10:49 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

You're right, you never said 'evil'. Sorry I over-reacted, and Krendle: reading your post was weird, like it kind of reflected myself back to me, and made me think maybe that is really how people see me on boards. "to nice to be on the board and have proven too useful to be a member. Meeting adjourned"... haha weird. Anyway, no hard feelings to anyone, it's all in fun. By the way, so as not to veer off the subject too far. What was the original posters' name? Well, anyway, I think the conclusion was drawn that you shouldn't eat more than your body weight in shrooms in one sitting. You'll be alright.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale