Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleichbinkiffer
...like amo'fuckie

the truth, or just some wild neurochemistry?
    #2797702 - 06/16/04 03:10 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

hey all,

ate some crazy fungus my friend came upon and ended up having a wild ride. i won't go into details because words can't suffice but here's what i wrote! is there any truth in it or is it just a bunch of bad neurobiology/chemistry/etc? i'll leave that up to you, the reader, to decide. enjoy!

"economics and the economy are the prime predictors of human behavior. the most important thing to any person is me myself and i. at the end of the day there's one thing that is important and that is how am i doing. at times we may neglect it and we might even hate who we see ourselves becoming or who we are but it's important to mix it up, change something in there a little bit and see what happens. what is your x-factor? probably something or someone that occupies much of your time, energy, thoughts, etc. stop and think for a moment. is your routine something good, neutral, or even bad? it's an important question and due to the very nature of a routine it might not even be something you are aware of. i want you to take a moment to step back and become an observer. what is happening in your life? see the forest for the trees. make a list. what's good about you? your life? the people and things around you? your habits? your "routine?" are you feeling ok? perhaps a little pent up? what could help you be more you? it's ok to feed some of your urges and desires but be wary; not all of them are necessarily helping you (some may be doing more harm than good) but i shall leave that up to you to decide what's what in your life. after all, even though we are all part of one larger...consciousness? entity? insert whatever word here floats your boat, so to speak. anyway. we are all part of one larger unity but at the same time we are all unique. it's an interesting and inescapable paradox that we live in--are forced into, trapped in, whatever your situation may be--we're here and we may as well figure out what's happening. open your eyes. do a self-diagnostic. perhaps you've become too accustomed to shooting electricity down the same (tired?) old synaptic pathways but it's time to get things up and running. start thinking. i know it sounds like common sense but ask yourself...how much genuine thinking have you done lately? take a look around. are things how they should be? is everything in order? are you happy? if so, then that's wonderful and you are in a truly envious way at the moment. if you are with the rest of us and not contented (and who ever truly is? it's in our nature to want what we do not have and to never be truly satisfied) then it's time to get up and get going. take in what the world has to offer you, think for yourself, and act on it. that's what i'm here to tell you. i have seen and experienced and felt things that i can't describe and won't even attempt to because any such attempts would be futile. i can offer you no "meaning of life" or any sort f higher truth other than the paradox. take it and remember it well: although we are all 100% unique we are at the same time 100% the same. respect the subjectivity of not only your voyage through life but also others' as well. while your mileage may vary please try to do something good with your time here. make someone special smile; be there to lend a helping hand or give a shoulder for the weary to rest upon. there's so much ugliness in the world; so much death, destruction, and chaos that we have to do something to fight back against the negative entropy or else we'll all be consumed by its madness and end up going insane while butchering one another. so to quote the late dr. timothy leary, think for yourself. question authority. take care. peace, love, and happiness to all."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleboeha
explorer

Re: the truth, or just some wild neurochemistry? [Re: ichbinkiffer]
    #2797845 - 06/16/04 04:08 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I don't really agree with this, you know: "economics and the economy are the prime predictors of human behavior."

Also, Ive noticed that the whole text is a little negative, "there's so much ugliness in the world; so much death, destruction, and chaos that we have to do something to fight back against the negative entropy or else we'll all be consumed by its madness and end up going insane while butchering one another."

It's the kind of thing I would write when I'm sober. :wink:
But I have to agree, it's kind of hard to not think negative in this world...
But just think: maybe that man/woman you've crossed on the streets over and over again, is thinkin' the same thing!
We aren't alone on this planet ( although some philosophers have tried to convince us of this -> pure bullshit if you ask me; humans are social beings! )

But I definately agree with your last sentence; has been my signature all along! :wink:

Peace,
and good tripping!

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: the truth, or just some wild neurochemistry? [Re: ichbinkiffer] * 1
    #2798160 - 06/16/04 08:58 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

you saw it in an instant - it was persistant and beautiful.

you shrink wrapped it in a block of text - you know it was good

you had to try, but the wrapping is not the vision.

thanks for trying to share.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #3156861 - 09/20/04 06:54 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Ahhh the paradox.
All one yet all different. This has been one of my favorite revalations on the old blue spirit. I remember last time I was tripping and I thought how pointless it is that we are all the same model but we have completely different details on us. That each of us thinks and feels in a certain way and that we can never ever know what the others are thinking or feeling. It feels like such a waste that there is so much going on in each of our heads but we are the only one who has access to it.
Anyway, great post!

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3159283 - 09/21/04 11:38 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Negative abstract writing is good for documenting your exact feelings when you are in that hole.... It is a good "benchmark" for self analyzation later when you climb back out of the hole and into the light.... You will see in the end that you will be greatful for what you have been given, what you are allowed to do, and what you have become .... Yoooozzzz~ gotta~ roll with them thar~ punches....!

ChoW~

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Invisibleichbinkiffer
...like amo'fuckie

Re: the truth, or just some wild neurochemistry? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3562058 - 12/30/04 05:55 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

GimpyTomCat said:
Negative abstract writing is good for documenting your exact feelings when you are in that hole.... It is a good "benchmark" for self analyzation later when you climb back out of the hole and into the light.... You will see in the end that you will be greatful for what you have been given, what you are allowed to do, and what you have become .... Yoooozzzz~ gotta~ roll with them thar~ punches....!

ChoW~

this couldnt be more true...i was just going through my thread "subscriptions" and happened across this again...in the past few months i've come to terms with an overwhelming negativity in my life. i might not be completely changed but i'm moving in the right direction at least. and to be totally honest although at the time i was miserable (even if i did not admit this to myself, or even if i was not conscious of this fact), the experiences have led to a remarkable amount of learning and are just steps in the journey toward self-realization, the quest for knowledge, etc.

you are totally right, chow. this kind of thing is indeed a good benchmark for later analysis. it's amazing how much we can change over the weeks, months, and years, all while remaining "the same" person and it's quite interesting to go back and see how we've changed.

peace, all

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
    #3563667 - 12/31/04 01:18 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Personally I believe there is plenty of truth in trips....everything in life is a result of chemical reactions: love is a result of wild neurochemistry....and that is a real as it gets.  :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: the truth, or just some wild neurochemistry? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3563680 - 12/31/04 01:22 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

the truth, or just some wild neurochemistry?

Why not both?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience