Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Sound
    #3179079 - 09/25/04 03:51 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I put up a post related to the effects soundwaves have on our physiology at the deepest levels. I had no idea, how uncommon this topic or understanding was let alone, how much fear it would bring up and out of people.

Just last week, on the news, they did a speacial about how hospitals are using music, to speed patients through their recovery and they are getting out in half the time.

Sound healing is old news to me and I guess I forget that it's not just new to some, it's absolutely foriegn, foriegn like the unknown sort that scares people.

It's difficult to post here because of the vast differences in people. It's no secret I am an explorer of consciousness and like to share information and experiences for other explorers.

They say that when you move to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one. I have to stay true to myself and post what pleases me first to share. My posts arn't going to please everyone here.

I would like to show sensitivity to peoples "safe spaces" and am not sure how to while maintaining my pioneering spirt and its integrity. I didn't realise how afraid some people were of topics I've grown second hand comfortable with that have done a lot for my personal growth, understanding and sense of empowerment.

I once asked why people come here if modern science, modern religion, ancient mystery teachings, pyschology and psychiatry, the governments and any other authoratative institution already have figured out everything there is to know?

A good handful of people here act as if it has all been figured out and they reject and resist any insinuation that there is even more to know, realise and experience then what was taught in school, the bible, or popular science magazine. I'm having a hard time understanding that and have been going back in memory is search of what that feels like, to be afraid of progressive information.

It's a new world, Chicagos North Western Universities Masters program has pretty much scraped traditional curriculum because the world is changing and developing at such a rate that what is being taught doesn't hold from year to year anymore. They bring in the most progressive and aggressive proffesionals from the subject field who are currently active in the field to teach. The teachers are always changing to insure the students are not being taught stale and out of date information.

I'm feeling perplexed about some recent replies at this board today and just wanted to share these thoughts. Thanks for listening and I am sorry if any posts I have put up has made anyone feel uncomfortable. :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: Sound [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3179717 - 09/25/04 07:15 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Hmm, only a fraction of this post is about sound. Interesting...

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3179741 - 09/25/04 07:21 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

this was a pleasing post :smile: hehe
few are those who listen with their own ears and feel the sound with their own hearts
some like lo listen throug others?

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#3179769 - 09/25/04 07:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I'm feeling perplexed about some recent replies at this board...
Not every frequenter of this forum will attribute merit to every topic (such as soundwaves awakening DNA).  That's the beauty of it :smile:

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Sound [Re: Viaggio]
    #3179900 - 09/25/04 08:10 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Viaggio,

I understand that which is why I made the comment when you go to please everyone you will end up pleasing no one. I post what pleases myself to post and some won't be pleased with my posts.

That is not what perplexed me.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#3180179 - 09/25/04 09:17 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

My mistake. I figured you were perplexed by responses to your posts that did not show an expected level of enthusiasm or concurrence. So...what did perplex you?

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Sound [Re: Viaggio]
    #3180313 - 09/25/04 09:48 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Oh goodness no,

I've read here long enough to know that only a certain percentage would get something out of that article.

I belong to the DNA message board packed with enthusiasts. There are ocer 400 members and I can talk about this stuff with them. I put that post up because I was inspired by Peds post and the discussions about language being harmful. I thought there may be some interest in some people here about research related to language and DNA. And there was and I am glad I put it up.

The answer to your question is in my first post in this thread. Thats a part of what perplexes me, that after reading it, you had to ask. My perplextion was due to realising how differently people read and interpret information and what they get from it causing such a wide variety of reaction or over reaction in some cases, including myself sometimes.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#3180368 - 09/25/04 10:00 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Again, my mistake. I see now that I must have misinterpreted your post.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology