Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineshallow
Anyone else hearing the weird electronic device beep lately?
    #3034345 - 08/21/04 09:01 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Lately (last few months), Ive been hearing this weird beeping sound coming from elecronics. Beep..Beeeep....Beep.Beep.Beep.Beep. Its come from my TV, from my XBox, even from my car stereo. Now, Id chalk it up to power lines over my house but i have heard it over 10 miles away from my house on the way to work before. Always, always the same, Beep..Beeeep....Beep.Beep.Beep.Beep.

I for one welcome our new alien overlords :eek:

Oh yeah, Anyone else ever heard this? Im quite serious (albeit fucked up atm) and its starting to get annoying.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: Anyone else hearing the weird electronic device beep lately? [Re: shallow]
    #3034360 - 08/21/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Its the signal of course. I would advice you not to discuss this matter in the open.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #3034473 - 08/21/04 09:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

maybe you had a microchip implanted in your head  :undecided:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Anyone else hearing the weird electronic device beep lately? [Re: chodamunky]
    #3034478 - 08/21/04 09:57 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Shallow could be a pet with one of those tracking devices trying to make his escape.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
    #3034483 - 08/21/04 09:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You're not talking about the noise that always occurs just before your mobile phone rings are you?

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3034505 - 08/21/04 10:05 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Remember to call the toll free number that comes after the beep for free prizes!

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3035326 - 08/22/04 03:12 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Does it sound like "Beep Beep Beep" or more like a continuous "Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" ?

I've been noticing that sound in my head for a year now, and it sounds exactly like the sound TV makes when you mute it. I first noticed it while i was going to bed, but after a while i realized that i could hear it whenever i wanted to when i'm awake. If i concentrate on it, i can make it grow louder as well.

What is this?

--------------------

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: Anyone else hearing the weird electronic device beep lately? [Re: exclusive58]
    #3035334 - 08/22/04 03:19 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

exclusive I was going to post EXACTLY what you just wrote before I read it :tongue2:, Ive noticed it already for many years btw

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Anyone else hearing the weird electronic device beep lately? [Re: bandaid]
    #3035712 - 08/22/04 08:34 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

haha! that's really funny because before i saw this thread, i was going to make a post about this.

So what do U think it is?
I'm thinking its related to weed or shrooms or something. ITs just strange that so few people notice this. Now for me it seems inconceivable NOT to hear it.

Just a question for u bandaid. The first couple times you got blazed, did you feel like you were waking up each time you concentrated on yourself? I literally mean like how you feel when you wake up from a dream, this is how i felt when i smoked and concentrated on myself. how bout u?

--------------------

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
Re: Anyone else hearing the weird electronic device beep lately? [Re: exclusive58]
    #3035725 - 08/22/04 08:44 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

>I for one welcome our new alien overlords

Simpsons ?

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #3035748 - 08/22/04 08:56 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

There's a beeping on the frequency of thought inaudable by the concious mind that eminates from ATM machines.

This is there for one reason, to interrupt your thoughts. The idea is to make one more dependant upon the system because they can't think for themselves.

Maybe some new variations of this have been added.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

#3035798 - 08/22/04 09:23 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

So what do U think it is? I'm thinking its related to weed or shrooms or something. ITs just strange that so few people notice this. Now for me it seems inconceivable NOT to hear it.

Ive asked my bro this and he suggested it could be super small particals that are constantly hitting the ear drum, whatever millionth/quadrillionths time per mila second, he apparently can hear it too but Im not sure if he hears the same thing as me or something similar, same goes for you.. My dad cant hear it but hes 55 so who knows what hes missing :wink:.

Though from experiences from my dreams I am able to create and affect music vividly, so much that I can play a song in my head and I hear it the way you would hear it awake on your speakers but I can manipulate them. Sometimes I dont have proper control and I screw up the song almost making it comical and even negative (my minds been in bad places to say the least), but its just fkn amazing when I get the chance to do that, it happens when Im not in a deep sleep state and my sleeping patterns become from what I understand "interrupted", Im almost awake in some cases. E.g: eating lots of food before I go to sleep would be one way of doing it.

My point is that sounds you can hear doesnt have to come from what some ppl consider the "physical" world. But they can originate from your "mind"/brain. In that sense I hold the possibility that the sound you and I hear might be coming from ourselves and not from the "external" world.
Quote:

The first couple times you got blazed, did you feel like you were waking up each time you concentrated on yourself? I literally mean like how you feel when you wake up from a dream, this is how i felt when i smoked and concentrated on myself. how bout u?

Its too bad I never tried concentrating on it while smoking so I cant say, I havent smoked in about a year or more :eek:, other drugs have been "occupying" their place for the moment, I'll try it on the current drugs Im taking when I remember to and if I learn something from it I'll probably post a trip report.

Edited by bandaid (08/22/04 09:41 AM)

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3035833 - 08/22/04 09:42 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I get that "just woke up" feeling quite a bit after smoking, especially if I'm by myself. When you think of the activities you were doing that whole day before (and everyone else still is) it seems monotonous and automatic, and as if I had just finally realized that and had woken my Self up, instead of interacting in the physical on a purely subconscious level (auto-pilot :smile:)

As for the beep, yeah I can hear something like that. I think it might just be electrical devices in general. I'll see if I can hear it next time I'm far away from society :mushroom2: :smile:

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3035932 - 08/22/04 10:34 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Though from experiences from my dreams I am able to create and affect music vividly, so much that I can play a song in my head and I hear it the way you would hear it awake on your speakers but I can manipulate them

Ya this is awesome. LAst time it happened to me was when i was really stoned about half a year ago, but from what i remember, i was half controlling it, and half not. It partly came from "somewhere else", not from me. I also remember this happening when i was a child, i could hear whole symphonies i've never heard before that sounded extremely beautiful. this is crazy stuff. An astronaut named Story Musgrave reported hearing stuff like that while he was up in space: http://www.rense.com/ufo6/music.htm

Quote:

My point is that sounds you can hear doesnt have to come from what some ppl consider the "physical" world. But they can originate from your "mind"/brain. In that sense I hold the possibility that the sound you and I hear might be coming from ourselves and not from the "external" world.

Oh ya totally, i never said the opposite. I KNOW that what i hear comes from my brain and not the external world.
That's why i'm kinda confused when people associate this sound with electronical devices, even though they sound like them. I mean i could be anywhere, close to an electronical device or not, and hear that beep sound.
And are you able to make it grow louder just by concentrating on it?

Edited by exclusive58 (08/22/04 11:01 AM)

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

#3035994 - 08/22/04 11:07 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

That's why i'm kinda confused when people associate this sound with electronical devices, even though they sound like them. I mean i could be anywhere, close to an electronical device or not, and hear that beep sound.
And are you able to make it grow louder just by concentrating on it?

Same here, I dont have to be near a TV or anything to hear the sound. Sry I didnt already mention it, forgot, to answer: yes I can make it go louder just by thinking about it.

Now that I remember.. believe it or not I actualy have recorded notes to have future plans to test this sound hehe, no kidding!. I think if you and I are so interested in it we can PM eachother to further our research :wink:.

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
    #3036024 - 08/22/04 11:22 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

aural hppd?

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: Anyone else hearing the weird electronic device beep lately? [Re: deafpanda]
    #3036119 - 08/22/04 11:49 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

nope, Ive had this long before I got into drugs

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3036247 - 08/22/04 12:38 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

0x07

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Anyone else hearing the weird electronic device beep lat [Re: shallow]
    #3036386 - 08/22/04 01:41 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

if by "beeping", you mean high frequency buzzing noises, then yes.. I hear it all the time from TVs and such. I can "feel" a TV on from hundreds of feet sometimes, with volume off. I can hear it in many electronics, stereos, cell phones.. flourescent lights are especially loud.

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Anyone else hearing the weird electronic device beep lat [Re: Shroomism]
    #3036535 - 08/22/04 02:41 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

High frequency buzzing noises defines it perfecly, but i'm positive that whatever it is, if you're hearing what me and bandaid are, isn't related to electronics.
Try going out in nature and see if you still hear it...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order