Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Banisteriopsis Caapi, Mimosa Hostilis, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
Yopo Extraction
    #3030263 - 08/20/04 10:58 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

How would I go about extracting the DMT and 5-meo-dmt from the YOPO seeds? I am looking to make a smokable extract from these seeds. A detailed description would be most appreciated. Thank you very much ahead of time.  :heart:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Yopo Extraction [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #3030477 - 08/21/04 12:13 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

yopo isn't the best material to start with if what you are after is nn and 5meo. They are very rich in bufotenine (about 80% of the total alkaloid content in most commercial seeds from argentina ) . A simple a/b , naptha wash , then rebasify would yeild what you are after. Alcohol extractions are easy , cheap, and work but aren't as pure .. but i dont see why anyone would want to purify it tooo much, as roughly 100-200mg of the snuff made from deshelled seeds + lime will create a very strong shift in consciousness.

of course felixhigh is going to step in and encourage you to extract it though :smile: We are yopo warriors from different sides of the forest. not a bad thing if you want to hear two sides of the story. good man he is .

--------------------

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
Re: Yopo Extraction [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3030657 - 08/21/04 12:51 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I will definately take that into consideration, about the snuff.. Thank you very much. What would be a good source to extract 5-MeO-DMT from? I would prefer a toad over any extraction process so I can just collect the venom hehe.. BUT the bufo. toads seem to be very hard to find.. =[

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

#3030677 - 08/21/04 12:55 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Do you really want 5-meo more than n,n? Cool if you do. I recommend looking into Virola theidora. Its sort of like yopo but high er in nn and 5meo . Lots of potential in that plant source.

--------------------

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
    #3030752 - 08/21/04 01:11 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I will definately check up on that plant. Personally I just want an experience with DMT to see what it has to offer me, bad or good. I have never had an experiences with this particular chemical. What would you suggest would be my best route?? I was thinking 5-MeO-DMT rather than n,n because I have read that it is very intense yet short-lived. Can n,n be smoked also, and if so what is the difference in effects??

The reason I was looking to extract the chems from the yopo seeds, is because a friend of mine has never had ANY psychedelic experience what-so-ever, and is looking to open himself up to new levels and mind expanding experiences. I know from what I have read that the yopo seeds are probably a little intense for his first experience but it is all I've got at the moment, other than some Olilique (sp?) seeds that I am saving for myself.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out man. I truly appreciate it.

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

#3030773 - 08/21/04 01:17 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I believe you may be very interested in Ayahausca. Yopo is a powerfull teacher but you may get along better with Ayahausca. Ololiqui is a very powerfull teacher too and I believe you will find it to be an amazing experience.

There isnt as much information in the underground regarding virola use as there is ayahausca use. Ayahuasca is widely documented and it is an experience that changed my life completely.

Extracting DMT can be a time consuming procedure and there is a higher margin for error than that of simply making ayahausca brew. It isn't extremely difficult to extract DMT but I highly recommend studying banisteriopsis caapi + chacruna /or/ rue + mimosa hostilis combination.

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #3031658 - 08/21/04 07:17 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

get yourself some good mimosa hostilis rootbark and skip this 5meo gay molecule! :wink:

but indeed, i am still to try pure bufotenine before i die.

FH

Edited by felixhigh (08/21/04 07:18 AM)

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Yopo Extraction [Re: felixhigh]
    #3031663 - 08/21/04 07:21 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

or WHEN you die... as Dr. Strausman believes that when we die the brain released an extremely large amount of tryptamine (primarily DMT and its derivitives) and through this the soul leaves the body (also descartes theory).

How would you try the bufotenine? Injecting it might kill you.. I dont think it would be too hard to get a pretty pure extract of it from cebil..

Our stupid government  outlawing bufotenine while dangerous chemicals like this H2O stuff is killing hundreds of people every year. I read that bufotenine has a very hard time passing through the BBB and that is the primary reason why it has "little psychoactivity", although felixhigh and I know thats not true :wink:... have you heard this before? I dont mean in the gut, i mean even when inhaled it has low obsorption rate.

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #3032934 - 08/21/04 04:27 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

sure just run a QT like OTT and there should come the bufotenine.
once i have been also playing witn a yopo 'tea' pH - started acid 9 (ph3) and went going up to ph10... at 10 many many gray molecules would precipitate to the bottom of the water ah, if i had some DCM there waiting!

in my dream i would vapourize a tiny tiny 'sand grain' of molecules. i just wanna see it from close. i would love to see if there's the candy cane factory (i imagine butoenine to be like an even more violent than smoked DMT)...

and another comment that i find pertinent - a yopo tree, wherever it grows, be it in brazil, argentina or venezuela (or netherlands!) are all yopo trees. sure there are some more SPECIAL trees, but it's all about genetics (like in weed), but i would bet 2 cents that if one would bother to analyze and compare them the alky percentages will be very very close for samples from distant places...

FH

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

#3034023 - 08/21/04 09:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've thought about doing a yopo extraction afer trying mimosa hostilis first. N,N-DMT certainly is the certainly the grail, but I image pure bufotenine would be increadible as well. In a terrifyingly strong kind of way..or maybe you would leave the crushing rush of smoked yopo behind as you break through to a pleasant hyperspace.

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Yopo Extraction [Re: rdnp2035]
    #3034096 - 08/21/04 09:32 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

felix, genetics are important, but just like with weed so are environmental factors. I imagine they do play some role in alk content

--------------------

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
    #3036892 - 08/22/04 07:07 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for all the info guys. I've decided to give the yopo seeds to a friend to do as he pleases with them, seeing as they really don't tickle my fancy.. I think I am going to be tied up with AFOAF's Pap. Somn. grow. He is attempting to grow them in a window sill indoors. We'll see how that goes in the near future. 15 have popped up out of the dirt so far. He is growing Persian White's and Gigant's.

Another AFOAF is looking into Ayahausca. He thinks it is very interesting, but needs some mental clarity, and a little more reading before delving right into it. I think this is smart of him. We will see how this goes also.

Thanks again for everything guys, really appreciated =].

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Banisteriopsis Caapi, Mimosa Hostilis, pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden