Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegreenhaze
one toke overthe line

Loc: the severed garden
Yopo seeds
    #2381576 - 02/26/04 11:03 PM (20 years, 25 days ago)

Anadenanthera colubrina....so i ended up with some of these things...i know you can make a snuff or smoke them...if anyone has any experience with these and has an opinion or advice on them please post....
-thanks  :gd_icon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Yopo seeds [Re: greenhaze]
    #2382054 - 02/27/04 04:19 AM (20 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

greenhaze said:
Anadenanthera colubrina....so i ended up with some of these things...i know you can make a snuff or smoke them...if anyone has any experience with these and has an opinion or advice on them please post....
-thanks  :gd_icon:

opinion: strong ally, subtle and violent at the same time;
advice: little recreational potencial, shamanic tool.
hint: did you ever think of making snuff with caapi + yopo?

FH

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Yopo seeds [Re: felixhigh]
    #2382064 - 02/27/04 04:24 AM (20 years, 25 days ago)

I found smoking yopo to be comparable with eating too much 5HTP.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Re: Yopo seeds [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2382129 - 02/27/04 05:58 AM (20 years, 25 days ago)

what are you referring yourself to? serotonin? melatonin?
how does it feels like anyways?

FH

Invisiblesakura
Aussie Expat

Loc: Japan
    #2388272 - 02/29/04 04:47 AM (20 years, 23 days ago)

Went the yopo route for the 1st time last week...

Used baking soda (hard to get lime and felt sorry for the snails).

It was uncomfortable to snort it, but not painful as in every report I've read. I think the lime might be what burns...

I cut the whole seeds with scissors as finely as I could, wrapped in paper and microwaved a minute to dry. Crushed reasonably fine with the handle of a rolling pin in a ceramic bowl after that. (It was absorbed despite a few little chunks).

Very quick onset and quite stong... It was difficult to get enough in the first sniff to actually trip (but I was quite stronly affected, despite not having visuals... this also might be me, I often don't get visuals with other substances too...).

After 5 mins, my sinuses cleared again and I could have insufflated more of the seed mix, but elected not to.

It gave me some stomach discomfort and mild nausea. I would definately reccomend using it on an empty stomach.

Enjoy and be safe...

--------------------
Shrooms aren't everyone's cup of tea... (Some folks just eat 'em)

OfflineFesterBestertester
journeyman
Re: Yopo seeds [Re: sakura]
    #2388514 - 02/29/04 09:06 AM (20 years, 23 days ago)

Miiiicrrrrrowavvvee, neato!
Although I intend to use my favourite oven for my Yopo, the toaster oven, I don't use a mic much anymore because it reduces the nutritious quality of food. But for Yopo?! You learn something new every day of existance!
I have never tried Yopo before, I won't do it next week either as for my bro's birthday party he wants to ingest with me, and whoever else, a few boxes of Sucrets (the bitter-sweet crunchy candies).

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Re: Yopo seeds [Re: sakura]
    #2392488 - 03/01/04 08:14 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

the hard thing is to break through.

although i've found that lime is good, it also works almost as much without any lime or alkaline substances... lime just 'helps' it.

FH

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Prep. of Yopo usig wood ash and trip report [Re: felixhigh]
    #2401910 - 03/04/04 09:19 AM (20 years, 19 days ago)

Preparation:

About 4 days ago I prepared 3 colubrina seeds. I cooked them for a few min at the lowest temp. Then I removed the outer shell. I dried them for a few more min. I then took them and ground them into a fine light brown powder. Then I took about 3 pinches of wood ash (1/3 +/- the original amount of seed) I then worked it in until it was a brownish/greyish mixture. I let this sit for about 4 days. I have heard about the mix needing to "ferment" I thought that this might just be letting the mix react. Besides I was going out of town, anyways this morning I did it on an empty stomach.

What happened:

I took a straw (thank you Wendy's) and put my finger over the end and loaded it up with all of the snuff. I would pack it and then tap the end so that it would slide down to the other end. I had probably a g +/- of powder. Anyways I then tilted the straw upwards and snorted on the end as hard as I could. It took 3 "hits" and I changed nostrils somewhere in there. (Note try to get the powder loosened before you snort it.) So then my nose was on fire I was screaming in pain so badly that my cat left the room. I then collapsed on my bed with my head on fire, it felt like the pain originated from the back of my head where the scull meets the neck. When that pain went away I started to feel a little sick. I went and started the water to take a shower. This is when it really started to hit me. My vision started to get a little staticy. I got in the shower and washed my hair a little with water and my whole body started to go numb. I was starting to get more visuals. They seemed more like dissociative visuals than that of a tryptamine. I got out of the shower and tried to throw up a little. By this time I was feeling very disoriented. I was getting noticeable OEV?s . I threw up a little and went to lie in my bed. My head felt like it was trying to implode. My body was enveloped in a sense of nausea. I just wanted it to be over. I threw up again into a towel because I couldn?t get up to go to the rest room so used what I could grab. I closed my eyes and was swallowed up into some incredible visuals. I saw a sort of nuclei of energy with multicolored lightning dancing around it. The colors were of a darker nature than LSD with a red orientation. After a while I got up and went and threw up (in the toilet this time) and then went and collapsed in my bed exhausted from sheer misery. I woke up at around 1:00. (I dosed at about 11) I then experienced a very euphoric after burn which I extended into the rest of the day with our good friend Mary. After I got up I was pretty sure I would never touch the stuff ever again, but now in hindsight I think I will. All I have to say is that it?s kind of like the sheer terror of Salvia. Except that instead of terror you have to deal with immense physical pain.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Re: Prep. of Yopo usig wood ash and trip report [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #2402240 - 03/04/04 10:49 AM (20 years, 19 days ago)

how great of a report!
i know the feeling, when the back of the head 'melts'...
congrats! thats the experience. pain is part of it... burns bad when well done.

FH

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: Prep. of Yopo usig wood ash and trip report [Re: felixhigh]
    #2402281 - 03/04/04 10:58 AM (20 years, 19 days ago)

I heard mixing it with a little baking soda helps a lot for the pain but I didnt try it myself.

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Re: Prep. of Yopo usig wood ash and trip report [Re: Gus]
    #2403363 - 03/04/04 03:31 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

I didn't like the baking soda thing because most of the experience reports I read seemed like they were from inferior snuffs. I think that for this to work correctly it is impairitive that you basify it enough. I wasn't too turned on by the idea of burnt snail shells and ash is easier to obtain and seems more "authentic" than hydrated lime.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

#2404537 - 03/04/04 09:13 PM (20 years, 18 days ago)

the whole ritual thing plays a big role, not only on this entheogen in particular.
the care and effort of making/taking it sure has lots to do with the experience and the 'power' of the experience...

FH

Invisiblesakura
Aussie Expat

Loc: Japan
    #2405703 - 03/05/04 02:52 AM (20 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

mr_minds_eye said:
I didn't like the baking soda thing because most of the experience reports I read seemed like they were from inferior snuffs. I think that for this to work correctly it is impairitive that you basify it enough.

I used baking soda (with discomfort, but no pain). While I didn't 'break through', I feel this was because of the dosage and not due to an inferior technique... (I was definately affected and on the edge of closed eye visuals from probably less than 3 seeds)

I felt the effects very quickly and pretty much everything that I put up there was absorbed no probs.

--------------------
Shrooms aren't everyone's cup of tea... (Some folks just eat 'em)

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

Loc: U.S.A.
    #2406859 - 03/08/04 12:04 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

someone tried snorting a tiny line of yopo/lime, prepped as per erowid... the dudes in the reports getting all purple and tore up off it arent exagerrating.

couldnt even get enough in to feel it -- as just a sample taste up the tooter(50 mg?) -- was too much... talk about a burn!

the burn prevented someone from moving forward with yopo seed snuff. it wasnt the lime either...

mr_minds_eye -- you tooted a gram of yopo?!! id rather have someone slowly break my arms off.

peace

--------------------

- USA -

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Re: Yopo seeds [Re: plura16]
    #2408529 - 03/08/04 06:46 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

i find virola cool because of the red pigment... looks like you've been hit on your nose/mouth... just like in the POTG. =)
anyways, i hadn't played enough with that one so far. i also find strange on how little this plant has hitted the market since its widely used for it's fragrant proprieties/wood, et cetera...
anyways, bufotenine burns. if you avoid it's contact with the nasal mucosa (you want it in your lungs) you'll bypass all pain...

FH

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

Re: Prep. of Yopo usig wood ash and trip report [Re: greenhaze]
    #2408660 - 03/08/04 07:31 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

Check this out, I would love to relate my experiences with Yopo:
A couple weeks ago..I decide to go all out. I'm splitting an 1/8th of shrooms with friend of mine. I save shrooms for special occasions..this was a big deal, especially considering we were planning on jaming together as well. Shrooms are the power, my greatest allie especially in music, but I wanted to make sure I fully tapped into it. So I grind up uh..6 HBWS and take them. About 45 minutes in I'm already tripping hard. We smoke a massive bong and get to jamming. I have a Profound experience, as I always do with these compounds and playing music (guitar). My friend wants to stop after about 45 minutes, he needs to take it easy for a while. I step outside..shit man..I start break dancing for a moment, straight up, I've never done this before. I had intense control over my body. This is it, I've gone this far, lets blow it up. I pack a bong of yopo and blue lotus (which, while having a somewhat subtle effect, certainly played a roll in this experience. I find that it improves the quality of any trip while putting you in a slightly more relaxed mindset) and get near my guitar for as soon as it kicks in. By the time I'm nearing the end of the bowl, I think to myself "oh, bong/beard, the gods smoke this as extension of themselves." The cherry looks cosmic. I pick up the guitar and fucking freak out. I've never played so well, I think..tied with another high dose shroom trip if anything. I'm channeling energy, I feel a strong presense of the water spirit, which was new then. Words can't express, without sounding like a dick, how well I was playing and how great if felt. It wasn't really my doing, I was just hanging on and watching as my fingers and these tryptamines team up. After a while I was truely physicly beat and stopped. For the rest of the night I was tripping like all hell...My throughts seemed to be projected to me, I was observing myself attempting to figure out the meaning of what had happened and what I felt. Each time I saw myself starting to organize some system of interperation, it would hit a peak and then topple over itself..."haha, no, that's not it!" It was strange. I thought that I might die, just because of the grand nature of it all.
Since then I have smoked Yopo several more times. It is a powerful healer...the most predictable result I get is a feeling of being cleansed and upgraded afterwards. It seems to be a very demanding substance, much like I find shrooms to be. I've smoked it a few times and it has basicly turned me away, "no way, you haven't been good, clean up your act and then we'll talk." When I do connect with Yopo it will speak to me in a way that no other substance has in my history. It would simple tell me things, answer my questions, and repeat the basic premisis of instruction many times so that I do not forget when sober (although this is still hard). On one occasion I heard this voice in my right ear as I came up into the audio filled 3-d orange space that I've come to associate with Yopo..the being was talking very fast. I said "I'm interested in what you have to say, I will pay attention, show me what you got." Suddenly my visual feild changed dramaticly, into Fast flashing single frame images. They were so fast and alien that I could not make much sense of them. "Slow Down" I say, but the being did not listen, in fact I had the feeling that he was kind of preoccuppied by this point. I though I could hear other being talking to me and this being.."oh who is this, what are you guys up to?" But this one being had already taken control, I could not break out of the flashing images, until I began to come down. Afterwards I had the impression that the visuals were more or less a distraction for me as he did some upgrades on me. Well, I Hope they were upgrades. I certainly feel better than I had been, but it is a little unnerving to feel like someone was working on you in a way that you don't understand at all. A bit later I went down stairs to realize that it is Leap Day...I truely was unaware. What a huge omen. That night I decided that I was going to stop taking paxil, something I had been leading up to for a little bit. This seemed to be the perfect moment to make a change. I haven't looked back. I feel like a different person (sort of!) since then, all of a week ago. I am calmer, happier, more focus, more energetic, and can see more clearly the path that I have laid out in front of my self and how I should proceed with it more clearly. These 2 particuarlly important Yopo experiences have changed me on the same level that my mushrooms + syrian rue trips as well as my ayahuasca experience. The amazing part of it is the automated nature. "You don't have to do anything!" I smoke it, am blasted to lower hyperspace for a few moments, and come back new and improved. Shit! Thank you yopo, really.
This is a powerfull and amazing drug. It is not a legal substitue for a crazy colorful smoked DMT experience, or anything along those lines. Yopo is a very particular substance, a Definite teacher and healer plant. If you go into the experience with honest intent of wanting to learn and are then willing to follow the "you've got to be pure if you want me to teach you" life style that it will demand...the powers of this substance are beyound what is knowable. I honestly feel massively blessed to have recived what I already have in my Breif relationship with Yopo. I strongly encourage serious seekers to give this a shot.
Can anyone tell me about their experiences with this substance snorted? It is supposed to be of much longer durration and be slower, so I imagine it might be a more understandable experience than smoking it. I am kind of scared to try..I've been so impressed with Yopo's power smoked, this experience plus very painfull face sounds a litle..bad. Fill me in.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract