Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2147 | 2148 | 2149 | 2150 | 2151 | 2152 | 2153 | 2154 | 2155 | 2156 | 2157 | 2158 | 2159 | 2160 | 2161 | 2162 | 2163 | 2164 | 2165 | 2166 | 2167 |
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga]
    #29691133 -

Baba Yaga said:
I did use WA in those images but I do prefer BRF pucks these days and sometimes go for aerial myc using a dental pick with a bend tip



Is there something about BRF thats antibacterial? And just to be clear, is this a variation on PF-Tek? Or is it just a pure Brown Rice Flower puck?


--------------------
A Seeker Seeking,,, Things...

Lo-Z Things
State of The Grow :awesomenod: | Lo-Z's Forever Print Tek :print:
Brown Rice Grain Prep (Step by Step) :syringe: | My Favorite Cow PooPoo Sub Tek :poop:

Things that saved Lo-Z
PANS IN TUBS :mushroom2:
Rescuing Your AIO Kit :lifesaver:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Lo-Z] * 2
    #29691153 -

Lo-Z said:
Baba Yaga said:
I did use WA in those images but I do prefer BRF pucks these days and sometimes go for aerial myc using a dental pick with a bend tip



Is there something about BRF thats antibacterial? And just to be clear, is this a variation on PF-Tek? Or is it just a pure Brown Rice Flower puck?



Yes it is a PF tek that uses BRF

The names are interchangeable (PF tek/BRF puck) same same


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Lo-Z] * 2
    #29691166 -

Lo-Z said:
Baba Yaga said:
I did use WA in those images but I do prefer BRF pucks these days and sometimes go for aerial myc using a dental pick with a bend tip



Is there something about BRF thats antibacterial? And just to be clear, is this a variation on PF-Tek? Or is it just a pure Brown Rice Flower puck?



It's not antibacterial as in it kills bacteria.

The consistency of the BRF+Verm is more difficult for the bacteria to spread. You don't shake PF Tek/BRF Puck so it doesn't get spread around, and the bacterial biofilm tends to get absorbed into particles while the mycelium expands out away from it.

A BRF Puck -> Water Agar CS is a great one-two punch when dealing with something really baccy

To do that, don't wait for the entire Puck to be colonized. Just let it grow an inch-ish across the surface and take a chunk from the outside edge

I cleaned up an Azure culture from a bacterial LC that would only grow biofilm on anything else.

It's just another tool in the toolbox like Josex Pokes, Water Agar, Cabin Sequesters and Aerial mycelium Plucks


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Edited by PuffM4gicDr4gon (10/08/26 09:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 7
    #29691304 -

Some later flushes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Lo-Z] * 1
    #29691324 -

Lo-Z said:
Baba Yaga said:
I did use WA in those images but I do prefer BRF pucks these days and sometimes go for aerial myc using a dental pick with a bend tip



Is there something about BRF thats antibacterial? And just to be clear, is this a variation on PF-Tek? Or is it just a pure Brown Rice Flower puck?




What Puff and langten said is correct, while bacteria does colonize the surfaces in a BRF/verm medium, which is huge compared to agar, the mycelium can jump all
those little gaps / valleys and outrun the bacterial contamination than on one single flat surface.

I prefer it because it is easy, quickly whipped up if needed and useful for other things like stubborn spore germination and cultures tend to pin more
readily on pucks.

So it's the first method I use and if that doesn't clean it up I look at the other techniques.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: fahtster]
    #29691328 -

fahtster said:
Some later flushes




:costanza:


--------------------
     
How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga]
    #29691334 -

So id essentially just be wipping up very small pf tek jars, taking an aerial transfer to agar (as to not get BRF/verm on your new plate)

Essentially it works just like a trench but more trenchier than an agar trench because of the rough non-linear surface.

I see i see, ill keep this in mind while working on these ttbvi clones and cultures.

Baba I know you said you prefer it for Clones, but since I started on WA, can I go either way. WA > BRF  or BRF > WA ? Or do you find a specific order works best?


--------------------
A Seeker Seeking,,, Things...

Lo-Z Things
State of The Grow :awesomenod: | Lo-Z's Forever Print Tek :print:
Brown Rice Grain Prep (Step by Step) :syringe: | My Favorite Cow PooPoo Sub Tek :poop:

Things that saved Lo-Z
PANS IN TUBS :mushroom2:
Rescuing Your AIO Kit :lifesaver:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Lo-Z] * 2
    #29691426 -

Yep



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: maimunji] * 1
    #29691500 -

Nice. Love the wavy caps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Lo-Z] * 1
    #29691510 -

Lo-Z said:
Baba I know you said you prefer it for Clones, but since I started on WA, can I go either way. WA > BRF  or BRF > WA ? Or do you find a specific order works best?




You can do any or all of the techniques in any order or combination. They all work in their own way. Try a few things and see what you like the most.
Your sample on water agar is looking good! In a few days you could take a few transfers and put some to a puck and some to nutritious agar and then
take transfers from the puck to nutritious agar and see if there is any difference. I'm pretty sure you will end up with clean cultures.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: MojaveMyc] * 1
    #29692709 -

dayumn wtf

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: yearofnolight] * 4
    #29693226 -

I'm starting to write down my method for pans.

It's still very much a WIP, but I'll be adding pictures and notes as I go along.

My whole goal with pans is to do as little babying as possible. I'm gone for a week at a time, so I can't be watching surface conditons and my free time is limited so I don't want to be watching a stove for perfect pasteurization temps.

Puff's Notes on Pans - Set and Forget


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 1
    #29693271 -

:rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga] * 3
    #29693404 -

Got some cool plates made on oct 1!

Estero


TTBVI


That one looks so nice, perfect.

Gonna put them to grain soon


--------------------

Edited by Anomalocaris (10/10/26 10:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Anomalocaris]
    #29693416 -

Gorgeous!


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #29694018 -

What do you guys think happened here?



My gut says Contam, but it's weird that it showed up so late.


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 2
    #29694071 -

Some larger TTBVI fruits.

Water bath FC:



Unmodified 32L mono, waited a little too long to harvest these. This was an other unmodifed, worm castings-in-lieu-of-manure tub that did not fill out as much as the first tub, but overall yield ended up about the same - 170 fresh, 10 dried:


A dense cluster of normal sized fruits from an unmodified 6L shoebox. Conditions were actually a little too humid in here, even with the lid cracked and no misitng for several days:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #29694133 -

PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
What do you guys think happened here?



My gut says Contam, but it's weird that it showed up so late.



It does look like contam as shown on DV8DUG's manifesto on spotting contam

My nooby senses are telling me that its a case of interwoven contam that the myc has given up territory to in order to bolster its hold on the other parts of the clockface (3-8oclock)

Edited by langten69 (10/11/26 12:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: langten69]
    #29694141 -

do you guys think that plate of estero is 100% fine? It looks a tiny bit odds to me, not perfectly symmetrical etc.



what say you?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #29694183 -

PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
My whole goal with pans is to do as little babying as possible. I'm gone for a week at a time, so I can't be watching surface conditons and my free time is limited so I don't want to be watching a stove for perfect pasteurization temps.




I'm just starting with Pans, but I was wondering how to give them higher temperatures with less babysitting. So I thought I'd try putting them in a big shoebox with water, an aquarium heater, and an aquarium pump for FAE. I didn't drill any holes; the gap in the lid caused by the heater cable and air pump hose provides enough airflow. And it works—I'm waiting for the second flush right now. They started pinning right after I harvested the first one.

The humidity inside and the temperature difference between the inside of the shoebox and my room create a lot of condensation on the lid, causing constant rain. Maybe it is a little too humid, as I got this mutant in the first flush.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2147 | 2148 | 2149 | 2150 | 2151 | 2152 | 2153 | 2154 | 2155 | 2156 | 2157 | 2158 | 2159 | 2160 | 2161 | 2162 | 2163 | 2164 | 2165 | 2166 | 2167 |

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? rob_531 4,763 12 01/10/05 02:33 PM
by agar
* Copelandia "Pan" Cyanescens sancho 5,496 6 09/07/07 12:00 PM
by suave
* Re: look at these copelandia cyanescens they are beautiful Anonymous 5,655 2 12/25/99 09:16 AM
by sean123
* which tek for copelandia cyanescens (spore print)? FfF 8,047 10 08/26/04 07:44 AM
by hawksapprentice
* Hawaiian Copelandia Grow Kit - how much more difficult are they? GabrielKnight 8,485 5 01/03/05 06:59 PM
by ticktock
* The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion
( 1 2 3 4 ... 756 757 )
firstTIMER420 589,895 15,129 10/11/26 01:44 PM
by 99.99
* Re: Copelandia Cyans. B.I.O. 1,263 4 12/11/99 03:40 AM
by mycofile
* Copelandia cyanescens growing experiences Ekstaza 4,760 3 08/24/03 12:18 AM
by deanofmean

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,310,022 topic views. 26 members, 408 guests and 257 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.053 seconds spending 0.035 seconds on 16 queries.