Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1458 | 1459 | 1460 | 1461 | 1462 | 1463 | 1464 | 1465 | 1466 | 1467 | 1468 | 1469 | 1470 | 1471 | 1472 | 1473 | 1474 | 1475 | 1476 | 1477 | 1478 |
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: AstroSporeFiend] * 3
    #29686276 -

AstroSporeFiend said:
Hey dude. What is the deal with all the racist, sexist, and xenophobic shit? The slurs, rhetoric, and just overall “whoa” of it all? I just don’t understand the appeal, so maybe you can help us understand.

Some people come here for “drugs”, but a lot of people come for healing, or culture, or spirituality and religion, etc. for the life of me, I don’t understand the bullshit over there. How is it beneficial to anything, let alone the psychedelic community?

I say this as someone who has lived a very interesting life, filled with tons of experiences of tight community, diverse opinions, and grinding it out. I’ve seen a lot of bad shit, but sooo much good shit. You guys in OTD don’t make me cringe with the words you use, but it seems regressive.



:whathesaid:

Why is the main topic of otd.  Public racism.  it basically encourages you to be racist when you go there. 

I simply think the the sight should have one singular set of rules..  if you personally attacked people with your hateful words.  You should be put thru the banning process. And if you keep it up you get perma.  Just like the rest us of us.    I just dont agree that its OK over there but not in here. 

There's tons of topics literally billions of topics that could be discussed in an off-topic form that doesn't have to solely be centered around people intentionally being racist because they know they're in a place where they have no consequences in doing that specifically.


And the whole kill Tony thing to me is  an example of why people are getting too comfortable saying things that are hateful.

There's tons of other Comics out there preaching free speech and the right to say what they want. (Because its comedy) in their show without being canceled.
(You should be able to) 
But they're(for the most part) also not hateful racist who are walking a line just because society has regressed and accepted that they do so.  There is a difference.

Some of the comedians on kill Tony are hilarious. But man sometimes Tony really gets on my nerves because I just don't think that racism is funny.


Shane gillis  actually does an OK job at walking that line. I think. 

his show tires made me laugh alot.  But still.  Its intention and tone that matters. 

And the fact that people would choose to rather just be racist simply because the rules immediately basically say this is where you belong and so does that stuff..
All hate is  wanted and welcome here. 



Seems counter productive.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: callmehippie] * 1
    #29686281 -

if anything leave the freedom of speech over in otd but hold them to the same standards as the rest of the website..

Just a little less lawlessness would go a long way. 

when it comes down  to it.  you shoulf still get banned for being a disruptive dangerous or violent person towards another..

So that while it's  technically allowed over there it's not 100% encouraged and expected/accepted


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: callmehippie] * 1
    #29686304 -

Shane Gillis cracks me up.

Anyway, if they can actually tell me why they say the things they say and why they use the wording they use, I can ignore it in peace.  But it’s like they don’t want to give any rationale as to why they do it? Is it just for shock? Like 70’s Brit punks who wore swastikas for shock value? Or is it something deeper that needs to be acknowledged? I dunno. I posted it over there but haven’t been met with much except a couple of sophomoric schoolyard replies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: callmehippie] * 1
    #29686306 -

NO.. the main topic of OTD is not race... You are talking about near 30 years of conversations between some INCREDIBLY smart and experienced people from all walks of life... some really dumb people... some pure maniacs.. etc.  They just use alot of "fuck you" language.

MYSELF...  I'm not a racist, xenophobic, sexist or homophobic.  I'm a sometimes queer, sort of socialist/Goldman(feminist) Anarchist, of mixed ancestry and race, who thinks for himself.  I believe the partisan division of the last 10 years is an abstraction of academic and debate partisanship(which served an important function), but by media, however, is exploited for profit and by governments used to obfuscate, divert attention, divide and conquer... and that to correct this course, WE MUST brave a landscape of absolute free speech, WHERE ULTIMATELY... WE FIND UNITY in reason, education and in general, humanity will prevail.. Establishing general human unity while permitting flexable policy and social exercise of right wing and left principles as the challenges of society emerge and change.     


In the mean time... I THANK FUCKING GOD.. that I can participate in humor of all kinds... I'll seriously discuss serious matters in Politics mostly.  I avoid and discourage serious discussions in OTD. that's not what I'm there for.

I draw the line at inferring violence toward a people or person.. ESPECIALLY toward another person who is on the site.  BUT... that is personally speaking... However the site does have rules for that ... AND the rules Apply in OTD...  BUT.. I THINK.. the owness is more put on the user themselves to be able to navigate themselves through difficult, even threatening conversations. 

There are 2 warnings posted to be read when you enter the place.

NOW... WHAT MAKES OTD IMPORTANT???

IF I AM NOT FREE TO SAY THAT WHICH SHOULD NOT BE SAID, How can I know I AM FREE TO SAY WHAT NEEDS TO BE SAID?

Life, in the long run, is no unicorn shitting rainbows.  You will face all kinds of horrors.  It is a brutal exercise in misery at times.  YOU NEED TO THINK FOR YOURSELF.  YOU NEED TO HAVE EXPERIENCES.. CONVERSATIONS that are not easy... The internet has been all but scrubbed of these importantly controversial conversations.  GRANTED... OTD is not trying to save the world... but... it is a sort of pressure valve... a place where the absurdity of it all breaks down and you have a bit of a human mess.  Nothing amazing may seem to be happening.. but, like a toilet... the waste is being dealt with..  Sorry to talk in riddles here... but, it fits. For me, I can say anything... at any time.. and it means nothing, but it offers Freedom...

If you guys want to ask a question.. that is cool..  I guess Ill answer, from my personal perspective.. not for OTD as a whole.. keep in mind... BUT... PLEASE.  Make it ONE Question.  Use a question mark.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: AstroSporeFiend] * 2
    #29686307 -

AstroSporeFiend said:
Shane Gillis cracks me up.

Anyway, if they can actually tell me why they say the things they say and why they use the wording they use, I can ignore it in peace. 



IF I AM NOT FREE TO SAY THAT WHICH SHOULD NOT BE SAID, How can I know I AM FREE TO SAY WHAT NEEDS TO BE SAID?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Awebig Throy] * 1
    #29686329 -

It is more than interesting that you say that life isn’t rainbows. I doubt the majority of people over here have it very easy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: AstroSporeFiend] * 2
    #29686346 -

Of course not.  All Im saying is a vestibule LIKE OTD is a great place for maniacs like myself to really let it all out.

I think it's best I leave it at this... Questions become arguments, I don't want to misrepresent anything or cause frictions.

I have incredible respect and admiration for the folks in Mush Cult.  I get the concerns...  I really do.  like I said, it's not as much as a threat as the mythos sometimes describes.  Even the worst of it can eye rolled away, as long as the mods are doing what they graciously volunteer to do. 

There are reasons this place is still around.. and I honestly think having a valve for the more sharp.. even vicious personalities is a part of that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Awebig Throy] * 1
    #29686359 -

I really don’t see it as a threat to me personally. But I do think it could be toxic to the site at large, and should be something to think about.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: AstroSporeFiend] * 1
    #29686363 -

Sure.. and it has been, and discussed, at incredible length. 

I believe in my heart, it is a huge benefit to the site.  I believe it mitigates toxicity.  To remove it would be like sewing up your butthole.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Awebig Throy] * 4
    #29686364 -

@hellofresh
you can add the smileys you like most to your smiley quick acces list:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/editfavsmileys.php

:zoolander:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Lithop] * 1
    #29686383 -

:catfrog:

Thank you Lithop!

:smileyfrog:


--------------------
🌾💮🫘🥖

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Lithop] * 2
    #29686386 -

We appreciate you taking the time. 

Nobody's fighting against Free Speech though. Not per se. At least not me.

Somebody else said it perfectly. We're all allowed free speech in our life because we're in america. Well not all of us.. at least me as a brown person i definitely been unable to speak freely
.in when I have it's gotten me in a lot of trouble.

But this website is somebody's personal thing. And choosing to have rules and guidelines to help keep that freedom of speech appropriate is not unreasonable.

Maybe that's called censorship. But
Regardless we're not saying what they're doing should be illegal and they should have no right to say whatever they feel as they please.

At least I'm not.

I'm just insinuating that there should be consequences when you take it too far. And they often take it too far and receive no consequences at all.

By all means call each other niggers and fagots and have a fun time doing it. But don't take it to other people who aren't playing the game and then throw it in their face that you can and will continue to simply because you will not be punished..

because some racist said so in the rules in the first place and you were pre warned.. the fact that those very plain and obvious warnings are directly in the rules to everybody who first come in kind of reveals that it's a pretty big issue in you should be expecting to run into it constantly. At least that's what it reads like to me.

As a minority a definitely makes me feel if somehow I let the fact that I am so slip I will definitely be attacked and targeted. whether or not that's true I couldn't tell you but that's the feeling those rules give me.

  take that crappy part out of the rules and I bet you people wouldn't be so quick to start saying such hateful things immediately.

Some of these people I imagine it would its not even in their normal character to do so.

But because they've just been told it's okay.  they figure what the hell let's take it for a ride


And if there are the same rules over in otd. Nobody's aware of that and they're not being enforced the same way whatsoever.

So far, you seem like a cool level headed person  :hatsoff:

I probably would of never ever ran into you if it weren't for this conversation.

Also please be aware for me personally everything that I'm speaking on when it comes to the otd
is here say cuz I've never been.


I read the rules and warnings and was like no fucking way am I even stepping foot in this place.

It's very obvious what kind of monster it can turn into.


Well I think I posted something once about heavy metal music and the death of my  baby but that's about it. 

Actually nvm. That wouldve been in the pub.



This is more than I've typed on anything and 5 years. My brains hurting. I'm going to take a break from this topic for a little while but I think the discussion has been good.



Thanks for your time:hatsoff:



Ps.  I see you mentioned to astro.. as long as the mods are doing their jobs over there most things can be eye rolled off.

Unfortunately they're not doing their jobs over there and I think it's become very obvious that's why we're having such a big issue in the first place.

The mods are them so why would they ban themselves. That's like Internal Affairs investigating the police.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Edited by callmehippie (10/05/26 03:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Lithop] * 1
    #29686387 -

Lithop said:
@hellofresh
you can add the smileys you like most to your smiley quick acces list:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/editfavsmileys.php

:zoolander:




Seriously!!  Dag-nabit. 

:themoreyouknow:


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: callmehippie] * 1
    #29686409 -

Holy moly what a day, I like the “sewing up your butthole” line that was good


--------------------
𝕴𝖋 𝕴 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖋𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖞 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖚𝖕𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕲𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖘
:drugnerd: TekDeck        Autist Tally :laugh:

"Mother Mycelium, I wandered in the darkness of unmarked plates and forgotten codes. Enlighten me with clarity and discipline, that every jar and dish shall bear its true name."

"Luminous Logos, I faltered in my shorthand faith. Grant me the diligence to record in full, and the foresight to recall every meaning with certainty."

-Father LewDoja

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Tri] * 2
    #29686466 -

lol ANYWAY

Our girl RG has a tough week this week.
Lets all show her some love

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=29686465&page=0&vc=1#29686465

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Lithop] * 1
    #29686532 -

I love that I just learned a new trick thank you Lithop.
As far as the OTD needing even just the most basic of guard rails.
I am fairly certain that last night somebody threatened to have me killed and skull fucked.
I had them on ignore but that's what I heard.
:teabird:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 2
    #29686537 -

When I come around a blind corner and someone is halfway in my lane, I find peace in knowing that sort of behavior has a self-correcting arc.


--------------------
It takes guts to be
gentle and kind

Another way to live

Your ego is your nemesis.
Seek the truth tirelessly,
Even at the cost of your own sanity.
-fiddle_head

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: LadysKnight] * 2
    #29686543 -

Well said

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Tri] * 4
    #29686611 -

So, I confess I took 7 grams about a week ago and as another shroomery member so eloquently put kissed the lips of God. I legitimately thought it was going to break my mind, I felt like so much information was pumping through my head. I've noticed this with prayer, if I open up that door it's so fkin intense and I regret asking for it or rather regret praying because if I would have just played video games, I would have been fine but instead I decided to lay down in a meditative type of situation and started praying and very quickly rolled down a mountain. It was so intense I had to keep telling myself stop thinking of it, let it go, you will be fine. I admit the experience almost broke me but honestly in the best possible way like I still have glimmers of the things I was thinking about and I wish I was back there it was terrifying but it was also so idk so amazing at the same time that I wish I was doing it every day of my life but I honestly don't think that type of thought is sustainable without it having some type of mental effect on myself. Anyways it was a lot, it was like a download I was not prepared for, and the lesson almost broke me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: 1oz0fTheory] * 3
    #29686628 -

Sounds like quite the trip! It's definitely going to take some time to integrate and make more sense of such an experience. Mushrooms work in amazing ways, helping make sense of things sometimes awhile after the trip.

They are undoubtedly a catalyst for change.

You are an incredibly strong person being able to handle that kind of dose. Despite the turbulence

Was it that beefy looking mushroom that's your avatar? I don't think I could've handled that the way you did

Thanks for sharing:hug::mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1458 | 1459 | 1460 | 1461 | 1462 | 1463 | 1464 | 1465 | 1466 | 1467 | 1468 | 1469 | 1470 | 1471 | 1472 | 1473 | 1474 | 1475 | 1476 | 1477 | 1478 |

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Addicted to Cultivation????
( 1 2 all )
tahoe 3,195 34 12/14/08 10:53 PM
by The shroomy 1
* *DELETED* Cultivate 2,970 8 04/14/08 06:12 AM
by HerbBaker
* Newbie planning first cultivation. hX_ 775 6 05/31/08 04:48 PM
by Neobean
* first attempt at cultivating... Fruiting/harvest time!!! .. Pics..
( 1 2 3 4 ... 15 16 )
plonkerism 30,693 308 10/17/08 01:22 AM
by plonkerism
* Beggining my first Cultivation -- PF TEK (need some help)
( 1 2 3 all )
ElectroTheMage 3,867 41 01/20/09 04:30 AM
by merzdiesler
* Just a few questions for a new cultivator Mello KittyS 680 9 12/04/08 05:27 PM
by J3illy
* Will Spawn bags work in butthole of america? Anonymous 1,978 16 06/03/03 12:26 AM
by Anonymous
* I've cultivated... zetek 904 6 12/11/24 07:54 PM
by fahtster

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
462,294 topic views. 21 members, 104 guests and 245 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.05 seconds spending 0.024 seconds on 16 queries.