Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1464 | 1465 | 1466 | 1467 | 1468 | 1469 | 1470 | 1471 | 1472 | 1473 | 1474 | 1475 | 1476 | 1477 | 1478 | 1479 | 1480 | 1481 | 1482 | 1483 | 1484 | | Last >
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29685852 -

GenesisCorrupted said:
They love talking about segregation they adore it. Why don't they get segregated for once?
They should not get to have all otd to themselves. How about they get one little back room shit hole that they can smear all over and it doesn't matter?




See I’ve always seen OTD as the back room shit hole near the bottom of the list. The only important boards are MC, G&MM, E&G, C&P, MGL, PMRM, and maybe ODD (and I may change my mind on this one). The rest are secondary at best. The pub and OTD are almost the same place in my mind tbh.



GenesisCorrupted said:
BeefExtreme said:
I can dig it i guess paste-man.  I got heated when they dunked on B.  Call me any name you want but when you fuck with my friends I go nuclear.



No the argument doesn't serve a purpose here.

His argument against having this shit wiped away is that this is a bastion for the freedom of speech.

This is a website dependent on traffic where people are going to come or leave from and if they arrive and see those things typed out with thousands of replies to them. They're not going to think to themselves.

"Oh thank goodness this place is a sanctuary for the freedom of speech."

They're gonna probably be disgusted and take themselves elsewhere. It's a literal drain on the entire community and it disenfranchises many people. And the argument is what that we can post a dead body getting fucked by somebody? And that's a good thing? That's the rebuttal!?

That's fucking ridiculous. We're trying to attract people to this site and have them actually stick around. We're not trying to attract some fucking weirdos that wanna be able to post whatever they want.

That argument sounds an awful lot like making excuses for the minority of people that are ruining it for everyone to keep doing what they're doing. Everyone else just has to deal with it. Punish the minority not the majority of people coming to the website. That's only fair.




This is your perspective. You are free to have it here because we are for freedom of speech. At the end of the day I’m not disagreeing with your sentiment, more with the praxis. Locking everything down that could possibly offend anyone would result in an empty board. It’s sad but we exist in a balance with the rest of the site. We need them to a degree and they definitely have nothing without us. I’d hate to see there be no shroomery at all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29685853 -

The answer is never  just let the racist just be racist.  It's at that point they are winning the war


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29685854 -

Is there nothing this thread can’t do? We adding advocacy to the list! I’m just seeing what’s going on but I will ride for standing up for our fellow shroomery people. To me free speech stops when it starts to infringe on others right to exist without harassment/verbal assault which I would consider intentional slurs an attempt to harass and/or intimidate.


Pinkpuddles- the self awareness to be able to step back and see the role privilege plays in this situation is **chefs kiss, thank you for sharing!


--------------------
*Not a therapist - Do not take advice from me

Be nice. You are loved. You deserve happiness. You are not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29685857 -

Pastywhyte said:
GenesisCorrupted said:
They love talking about segregation they adore it. Why don't they get segregated for once?
They should not get to have all otd to themselves. How about they get one little back room shit hole that they can smear all over and it doesn't matter?




See I’ve always seen OTD as the back room shit hole near the bottom of the list. The only important boards are MC, G&MM, E&G, C&P, MGL, PMRM, and maybe ODD (and I may change my mind on this one). The rest are secondary at best. The pub and OTD are almost the same place in my mind tbh.



GenesisCorrupted said:
BeefExtreme said:
I can dig it i guess paste-man.  I got heated when they dunked on B.  Call me any name you want but when you fuck with my friends I go nuclear.



No the argument doesn't serve a purpose here.

His argument against having this shit wiped away is that this is a bastion for the freedom of speech.

This is a website dependent on traffic where people are going to come or leave from and if they arrive and see those things typed out with thousands of replies to them. They're not going to think to themselves.

"Oh thank goodness this place is a sanctuary for the freedom of speech."

They're gonna probably be disgusted and take themselves elsewhere. It's a literal drain on the entire community and it disenfranchises many people. And the argument is what that we can post a dead body getting fucked by somebody? And that's a good thing? That's the rebuttal!?

That's fucking ridiculous. We're trying to attract people to this site and have them actually stick around. We're not trying to attract some fucking weirdos that wanna be able to post whatever they want.

That argument sounds an awful lot like making excuses for the minority of people that are ruining it for everyone to keep doing what they're doing. Everyone else just has to deal with it. Punish the minority not the majority of people coming to the website. That's only fair.




This is your perspective. You are free to have it




I've never ventured out from qqqa. pic of the day. Agar Envy. Fail picture of the day. You know those few main topic threads around here.

And fortunate  because of it I've never really been affected( or evem seen with my own eyes.  any of this stuff happening or being discussed.

And then bam now it's all in my face because my friend gets vrrbally attacked and dimninshed as a human.

And I think he deserves for his feelings to be acknowledged. For us to look at things that aren't the way they should be and discuss how we can change them for the best.

So that my friends.  you(all of you) or me don't end up having to deal with that stuff anymore.  simply because we wandered into the wrong place. whether we were warned or not.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 3
    #29685860 -

I'm a pretty new user and I haven't contributed a whole bunch up to this point so I don't know how much my opinion is worth, but I'd like to share my perspective.

When I discovered this place I was pretty laser focused on cultivation and so I got to see the good side of this forum as my introduction to this place. I only learned about OTD and their culture after I found the the true worth of this site. And even then, when I discovered the seedy underbelly I felt genuinely conflicted about participating here. It created a suspicion for me that because their behaviour in OTD was accepted and condoned, that this whole forum was a host to this kind of unsavory character and they were lurking in every corner of it. Time has dispelled this suspicion, and I've found that this community here in MC is a really wonderful one. But had I been exposed to the OTD side of the forum before having dug into MC, I likely would have just written this place off as a relic of the old internet that hosted the kinds of deplorables I'd rather not be exposed to. All that to say, I think their presence here does more to dissuade the kind of users that MC intends to bring in from joining and participating than it does any good. I'm sure there are plenty of potential users that we'll never hear from that got one whiff of that board and swore off this place right then. And it's not at all unlikely that they would be the first place someone ends up. I've seen plenty of their posts show up under the "Recent Posts" section right on the homepage for any wandering passerby to see. It's easy to imagine them as a slum that should obviously be avoided, but they're living rent free on the homepage right next to the rest of us and there's no flashing warning sign that shows people that they are considered unsavory reprobates by the general population. And even if there was, would that really look much better?

There's certainly something to be said about censorship, especially on a forum about the production of illegal substances. But I think not being an outright racist dickead is a more than reasonable line to draw that infringes upon only those who would seek to infringe upon others. There are other places for those kinds of people on the internet, and if the ones who call this place home don't like the idea of rolling in the muck with the people who congregate in those places, it might behoov them to consider why they enjoy mucking up this space so much. Particularly if they just treat this place like any other forum to shitpost on rather than a community of mushroom cultivators.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: JoeTherapist]
    #29685861 -

Thing is, sure, you can say whatever fuckery comes to your gasoline-huffing ass.  That don't mean you aren't gonna reap consequences for bein' a piece of shit.  It ain't censorship to say "yeah, no, that shit's just not acceptable here, GTFO."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: callmehippie] * 1
    #29685863 -

My post you quoted was not complete. I sympathize with your experience. But there was a time when we could all just chalk it up to interacting with humans and skip the hurt feelings report. I have been physically assaulted uncountable times in my life. Words on a screen are like meh compared to that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte] * 6
    #29685864 -

I think we need to bring back dueling culture

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: callmehippie] * 2
    #29685866 -

callmehippie said:
The answer is never  just let the racist just be racist.  It's at that point they are winning the war



Nah its totally ok as long as they piss in the designated pissing section of the pool.


--------------------

:crankbowcloud:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #29685869 -

Pastywhyte said:
I think we need to bring back dueling culture





--------------------
A Seeker Seeking,,, Things...

Lo-Z Things
State of The Grow :awesomenod: | Lo-Z's Forever Print Tek :print:
Brown Rice Grain Prep (Step by Step) :syringe: | My Favorite Cow PooPoo Sub Tek :poop:

Things that saved Lo-Z
PANS IN TUBS :mushroom2:
Rescuing Your AIO Kit :lifesaver:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Lo-Z] * 4
    #29685873 -

I think the real victory here is that MC is free of the unpleasant shenanigans. We have the ability to post on topic in the best source of information on subject in the entire internet. The social boards are nothing more than oddities that in some cases became popular for whatever reason. That OTD became a cesspool is just to me a reflection of our broader society. People gonna people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Lo-Z]
    #29685877 -

Lwk any form of racism online in my opinion is cyber bullying n il refer to ai here.

Common Legal Terms Used for Cyberbullying Crimes
• Harassment / Electronic Harassment: Repeatedly sending unwanted, alarming, or abusive messages via text, email, or social media to annoy or frighten someone it's first on the list


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29685880 -

That sounds like such a false argument to me. So people committing necrophilia is fine because we can't remove some hate speech?

It doesn't have to be anarchy versus a sterile clean environment where people can't say that you're mean. That's a false equivalency and you're using it as a bludgeon to justify the shittiest behavior on earth. That does not belong on a cultivation forum at all.

Clearly there's a balance because the pub is working fine and there are still people posting there all the time. I guess that we should let everyone start popping off hate speech in the pub because it'll make traffic go up right?

Oh wait no that doesn't make sense… That would drive everyone away from the pub and that's why we don't let people talk like that there…

Imagine if the entire website was that way and how that would probably lead to more people coming and staying rather than leaving because I guess we can post whatever we want to.

I for one did not ever expect this to be a free-for-all post whatever you want anarchy place where you can call somebody a racial slur and that's fine because there's so much traffic.

I expect this to be a website where we were allowed to discuss topics many different topics and they would be on that topic and if they weren't then you'd be stopped from continuing your off-topic discussion. If I go to the off-topic discussion I don't expect to be assaulted with racism and transphobia. Plain and simple that's just not what you're supposed to do to people.

Who the hell comes to this website thinking they can post whatever they want and that's fine because it's a bash of freedom? I have never heard that argument before.
I think I heard something like that when somebody was saying that it was wrong to sexually objectify a woman in a thread and some dickhead showed up and said how it's fine and how they'd rather everybody talk like that then have the ability to talk like that be taken away from them.

How about you talk to them like a human being instead of like a piece of meat that you wanna fuck into pieces?
Then they wouldn't have that problem in the pub. That was a moderator in the pub that was making that argument...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29685893 -

No one can just “post whatever they want” and even in OTD there are still illegal posts that cannot be made and are still an insta ban.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29685897 -

Pastywhyte said:
My post you quoted was not complete. I sympathize with your experience. But there was a time when we could all just chalk it up to interacting with humans and skip the hurt feelings report. I have been physically assaulted uncountable times in my life. Words on a screen are like meh compared to that.




My badd.  In complete quote was unintentional.

I've been physically assaulted as such. Many times in my life and it always started with those words whether on the screen or not...

I agree with you.
that sticks and stones and all that.

My whole thing is the more we accept it. the more it's accepted. And It would just be better  if we decided to all stand up and say no we no longer do. Lets evolve.

Not everybody else is  level headed and patient and as reasonable as I am. Even with all the personal abuse and racism I constantly deal with and have dealt with)

Because I do come on this forums
and pretty much on the daily basis none of this stuff ever affects me. Simply because I stayed in my lane and ignore everything else that disrupts that.

In fact if it weren't for this conversation and what happened to B dri

. I'd be none the wiser of any of it. Seriously

Your sentiment does not go on deaths ears pasty


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29685899 -

Pastywhyte said:
No one can just “post whatever they want” and even in OTD there are still illegal posts that cannot be made and are still an insta ban.



I guess doxxing somebody.
I mean sure there are still like things that are against the law and would get the site in trouble yeah I accept that.

That is the most extreme level.
Being permanently banned and being banned for a couple months because your post was wildly offensive to every Jewish person on the entire website is a lot different and I think we all know that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: callmehippie] * 3
    #29685900 -

I’ll be 💯 real if this was my site, there would be like 4 boards, they would all be on topic and there wouldn’t be an oz of shitpoasting. But it’s not my site and chances are my site would be crickets.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #29685904 -

:rockon:

Now that's what I'm talking about. Your heart is golden


The fact that I've never heard of any of these people or seen anything they've posted it until I've been directed to it today.

Kinda shows that if they weren't here at all we would not be that quiet place no one frequents..  we'd still be a thriving community that's growing for the good.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte] * 2
    #29685914 -

Pastywhyte said:
I’ll be 💯 real if this was my site, there would be like 4 boards, they would all be on topic and there wouldn’t be an oz of shitpoasting. But it’s not my site and chances are my site would be crickets.



asking for racism to actually be punished the way it should be by our society isn't making a empty website. It's keeping racist away from people trying to make this a thriving website.

It's pretty obvious that having the opposite would only be benefiting a very creepy fringe minority when the majority of our traffic does not want or need that.

That's like saying our town in California needs to have a Guantánamo Bay just in case that way we have it when we need it.
:doublefacepalm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #29685921 -

Pastywhyte said:
I’ll be 💯 real if this was my site, there would be like 4 boards, they would all be on topic and there wouldn’t be an oz of shitpoasting. But it’s not my site and chances are my site would be crickets.



I'd be chirping!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1464 | 1465 | 1466 | 1467 | 1468 | 1469 | 1470 | 1471 | 1472 | 1473 | 1474 | 1475 | 1476 | 1477 | 1478 | 1479 | 1480 | 1481 | 1482 | 1483 | 1484 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* casing from "The mushroom Cultivator" upupup 19,469 9 10/13/25 10:12 AM
by yearofnolight
* Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day
( 1 2 3 4 ... 8722 8723 )
saralove 5,228,661 174,452 10/08/26 05:30 AM
by gopher
* fresh or dry poo for outdoor cultivation Anonymous 1,648 10 04/07/04 12:38 AM
by Joshua
* First Time Cultivation Qs(A faliure, more or less) Keev 1,290 3 07/31/01 02:30 PM
by aenima
* Bulk Cultivation Question dets 4,532 19 04/29/05 03:27 PM
by Blue Helix
* Bulk cultivation help WhoWhatWhen 1,579 11 08/07/03 08:39 AM
by micro
* advanced mushroom cultivation in reverse. :D Gr0wer 1,135 7 04/30/04 09:42 PM
by Gr0wer
* Re: Good Bulk Cultivation Tek? Anonymous 2,010 6 06/01/00 04:07 PM
by jester

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
468,225 topic views. 17 members, 95 guests and 170 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.05 seconds spending 0.02 seconds on 16 queries.