Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
advanced mushroom cultivation in reverse. :D
    #2618990 - 04/29/04 11:59 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I think this would fit under "experimental procedures"

Ok, so a while ago my friend sent me a florida cube print. I made 4 attempts all with grain, first was going perfectly i even did a sucessfull G2G then my dad fucked it up when he found them, then after that i kept getting yeast contams. Even with the yeast contams the myc still grew, sometimes it stalled out on me, but one jar kept colonizing even with the yeast so i let it get fully colonized. I tried fruting right out of the jar for a while then i thought i can spawn it and get 10x more shrooms or leave it as is.

casing I

So I spawned onto unpasturized composted manure/decomposing hay and filled a bag lined 1x1' box 4" deep with the substrate. I didnt pasturize becasuse all you guys say you dont need to psturize for outdoors because it works wonders out there. While in fact indoors its more optimal for colonization. That colonized in a bit under 2 weeks and i cased, patched i was wating on the pinset for only a few days then my dad foiled my experiments again and stirred up the whole casing.

casing II

So i dedided to pick up some hay chop it up by runing it over with my lawnmower, soak, and pasturize it in my oven in a tray at 175 for 2 hours. I used the casing as spawn into a rubbermaid with the hay and it ended up about 4" thick compressed. I did this about a week ago and it was about 50% colonized today but there were 2 green/white mold spots that i had to remove yesterday and a small patch today.

casing III (current, made 4/29)

I decided mixing in some pasturized composted manure might help the myc growth while hinder the greenmold since it seems to grow more on the hay. I pasturized a large tray of composted manure in my oven covered with foil for 3 hours at 170 (note: poking holes in the center of the substrate with your finger and makeing a slight depressing in teh center allows the tray to heat up more evenly rather then the outside warming up to pasturizing temps while the inside is still room temp.) I allowed this to cool outside for 2 hours and spilt it into 2 trays to speed up teh cooling process. I just dumpe dit in and mixed the manure into the casing and put a 1/4" 50/50 verm/coir casing on top to stop any extra contams. It came out to about 5" thick! I'll give it a good 2-4 weeks to colonize, patch, and it should fruit in a bit under 2 months if all goes well.

The best part: All i want is a dam spore print or clone so i can do a real controlled indoor grow with this strain, dont offer any prints though cuz im having way more fun like this :laugh: 

I have 5 other strains and 5 more coming in from trades, i just want this for my print collection and to trade with so more people can screw around with it. Im just waiting on my PC i ordered before i start up shop again. But it sure is crazy how well and easily growth propigates!

Edited by Gr0wer (04/30/04 12:50 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: advanced mushroom cultivation in reverse. :D [Re: Gr0wer]
    #2619258 - 04/30/04 01:09 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

?

?

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: advanced mushroom cultivation in reverse. :D [Re: Joshua]
    #2619288 - 04/30/04 01:17 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I agree....

If your dad doesn't want you growing in his house you should listen... You could easily get all of your family in a lot of shit.

Stay safe

--------------------

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #2621300 - 04/30/04 02:19 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

My Mom doent care, just my dad. My mom's just worried that shrooms mess you up and i assured her its not like acid that you get flashbacks from and live in a fase reality. My dad's a "growler" though, i cant talk to him abotu anyhing cars, girls, drinking, boats without getting a Tsss and a negative comment. You know the sound when someone think's your rediculous. He thiks everyone is stupid and wasting ther time while all he does is work construction overwatching mexicans/koreans and surf.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #2621322 - 04/30/04 02:23 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

did you inform your mother that on the off-chance you get in trouble that her house can be taken away from her?

i won't even touch your viewpoint on LSD.

aaaah, sorry AMC...

Anonymous

#2622561 - 04/30/04 06:31 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

growing in parents house = not cool

OfflineNoG
journeyman

Re: advanced mushroom cultivation in reverse. :D [Re: ]
    #2623125 - 04/30/04 09:16 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

kid with more time than brains. Why dont you just phuk the lot outside in a 6" hole and cover it with straw and shit. No police chapin your fathers door and your fathers not going to be pokin about shit or at least i hope not. Find somewhere shaded but not pitch black.

growing in your parents house can be fine depending where you from and what they think on the whole subject of mushie cultivation

Later NoG

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: advanced mushroom cultivation in reverse. :D [Re: NoG]
    #2623554 - 04/30/04 11:42 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thats what im doing next, I have 9 cube strains and lip yai that are going out over the next few months off my parents property. Like i said i just want a print and clone from this strain.

Only my best friend, who knows not to talk and my bro knows about this casing. Well and oyu guys of course. Ill let it put out 2 flushes, bag it up and backpack it to an outside plot and mix in another backpack full of Homemade mushroom compost that i started today. I put the hay on my deck ahem, my parents deck, where it gets direct sunlight from 7-5 and covered with a plastic bag. It should be about ready by time this casing's ready to go out.

BTW i do tons of illegal shit and my parents dont care, I just got all teh equipment to make a "amazing still"  http://www.easttnstills.com and my parents think its cool, even though they know its illegal. The one thing i would never be allowed to do is grow weed, and i dont, i do that at my friends house :laugh:.

You guys got to chill out a bit. Im just like you guys only younger and cant yet move out to support myself. I love growing things from ehtnbotanicals to fungi and geting experience is the best way to learinin horticuture and mycology.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation