Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158
Re: Alcoholics Anonymous [Re: Northerner] * 1
    #29678487 -

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, Northerner; but as ZeeBow mentioned, you're not alone. We're here with you. I'm glad things got better in the presence of your daughter.

I can only share what I know. And what I know, based on my experience, is that AA worked for me, just for today as in OP's username.

This is my reality, that I'm willing to accept, that's saved my ass thus far. It doesn't guarantee me everlasting success, but I know for certain that otherwise I'd be f*cked:

The words people remember are on page 85 of Alcoholics Anonymous, in the chapter called Into Action: 'What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition' (page 85). In plain language, sobriety is not a prize we win once and keep forever.

It is renewed one day at a time, and it holds only as long as we keep doing the spiritual work that produced it. Two sentences earlier the book is blunt: 'We are not cured of alcoholism' (page 85). A reprieve is not a pardon. It is a stay, granted for today.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alcoholics Anonymous [Re: Double] * 1
    #29678513 -

Regarding maintenance of my spiritual condition & doing the spiritual work that produced it, I share with y'all, respectfully, what I'm continued to be told in the groups:

-Go to your meetings,
-get sponsored
-Stay away from the first drink (don't gotta worry about all the rest otherwise)
-read the literature and Do service work (eventually)

Take care everyone, you're worth it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alcoholics Anonymous [Re: Northerner] * 1
    #29678519 -

Northerner said:
Thanks man.

I saw my daughters tonight, it's been a little while. It's a massive relief to feel like I have family again.

Frigging life is a roller coaster hey.



Yeah don't give up completely. :discorex:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alcoholics Anonymous [Re: JustForToday] * 1
    #29679131 -

OUR CHILDREN

September 26

The alcoholic may find it hard to re-establish friendly relations with his children. . . . In time they will see that he is a new man and in their own way they will let him know it. . . . From that point on, progress will be rapid. Marvelous results often follow such a reunion.

ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 134

While on the road to recovery I received a gift that could not be purchased. It was a card from my son in college, saying, "Dad, you can't imagine how glad I am that everything is okay. Happy Birthday, I love you." My son had told me that he loved me before.

It had been during the previous Christmas holidays, when he had said to me, while crying, "Dad, I love you! Can't you see what you're doing to yourself?" I couldn't. Choked with emotion, I had cried, but this time, when I received my son's card, my tears were tears of joy, not desperation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alcoholics Anonymous [Re: Double]
    #29679993 -

WITHOUT RESERVATION

September 27

When brimming with gratitude, one's heartbeat must surely result in outgoing love, . . .

AS BILL SEES IT, p. 37

While practicing service to others, if my successes give rise to grandiosity, I must reflect on what brought me to this point. What has been given joyfully, with love, must be passed on without reservation and without expectation. For as I grow, I find that no matter how much I give with love, I receive much more in spirit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alcoholics Anonymous [Re: JustForToday]
    #29680267 -

LOVE WITHOUT STRINGS

September 28

Practical experience shows that nothing will so much insure immunity from drinking as intensive work with other alcoholics.

ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 89

Sponsorship held two surprises for me. First, that my sponsees cared about me. What I had thought was gratitude was more like love. They wanted me to be happy, to grow and remain sober. Knowing how they felt kept me from drinking more than once.

Second, I discovered that I was able to love someone else responsibly, with respectful and genuine concern for that person's growth. Before that time, I had thought that my ability to care sincerely about another's well-being had atrophied from lack of use.

To learn that I can love, without greed or anxiety, has been one of the deepest gifts the program has given me. Gratitude for that gift has kept me sober many times.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Narcotics Anonymous Cowgold 1,290 9 02/17/07 02:51 PM
by kotik
* My alcoholic dad is now addicted to crack... jonathanseagull 4,197 11 06/09/13 03:59 PM
by ShamenWarrior
* How does alcohol affect the brain ?? Mike_yy 2,819 6 01/18/07 08:49 PM
by Schwip
* anyone else suffering from alcoholism?
( 1 2 3 all )
nethrill 8,039 44 10/08/17 03:26 AM
by The_Newt
* Heavy cannabis use by teens is more dangerous than alcohol justin340 3,062 11 05/08/07 01:45 PM
by StickyWater
* liquor is a horrible form of alcohol TameMe 1,977 19 11/03/05 11:35 AM
by daimyo
* alcohol and shrooms johnstanton 2,054 11 05/02/06 09:09 AM
by johnstanton
* Great my SSRI made me an alcoholic kronnyQ 5,055 7 09/30/05 02:51 AM
by Locus

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
137,964 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 16 queries.