Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 |
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Scemilope] * 1
    #29678260 -

Although... a molten lava cake... does sound delicious!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: MushLuvR77] * 6
    #29678473 -

So enough is enough, I decided to get some of these monster consolidated C6 clone cakes and the 3/4 F10MS cakes going. They all smelled super good, at least according to my gf. I can’t smell anything of course. Anyways a quick rim wipe and fill the jars with water, gonna fruit em tomorrow. Plan is a Ezdialed mono with some moist verm in the bottom.




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #29678636 -

thats gangsta


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Cakewonder] * 2
    #29679073 -

Quote:
Pastywhyte said: Plan is a Ezdialed mono with some moist verm in the bottom.





I was thinking about trying this for mine. Do you put holes in the bottom of the tub under the verm like a SGFC? Do you mind sharing if you have any mods to the EZ dial or any tips that might not be obvious to a newb? I think this is the way I am going for fruiting.

Thanks!


--------------------
*Not a therapist - Do not take advice from me

Be nice. You are loved. You deserve happiness. You are not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: JoeTherapist] * 7
    #29679259 -

Holes in the bottom would be useless with verm. I’ve done things like that but use hydroton (or you could use perlite I just don’t like how quick it breaks down). This here is just the regular ol Ezdial monos with a few pints of verm in the bottom, and a cheap ol verm casing. Zero fancy here. We will see how it does.



Here is the jankest fruting space yet :facepalm:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #29679411 -

:neat:


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #29679872 -

Pasty are you just top fruiting? I was thinking of either coir or verm dunk and roll, but I’m curious to the reasoning of casing the jar like that? I have done it to get fruits to clone, but never with PF tek.


--------------------
*Not a therapist - Do not take advice from me

Be nice. You are loved. You deserve happiness. You are not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: JoeTherapist] * 4
    #29679910 -

I prefer top fruiting for a few reasons. First it can be tough getting even a well consolidated cake out of the jar. I am lazy :lol: Second I can fit more total jars in the chamber if I am not concerned with space on the sides for fruiting. Third keeping it in the jar can make bottom watering a lot easier, and bottom watering helps a lot with cakes IMO. Finally increasing surface area rarely correlates to an increased yield. I have not seen a decrease in yield with top fruiting.




These were a long time ago but these cakes did pretty damn well with a simple case and fruit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #29679929 -

Pastywhyte said:
I prefer top fruiting for a few reasons. First it can be tough getting even a well consolidated cake out of the jar. I am lazy :lol: Second I can fit more total jars in the chamber if I am not concerned with space on the sides for fruiting. Third keeping it in the jar can make bottom watering a lot easier, and bottom watering helps a lot with cakes IMO. Finally increasing surface area rarely correlates to an increased yield. I have not seen a decrease in yield with top fruiting.




These were a long time ago but these cakes did pretty damn well with a simple case and fruit.





This makes a lot of sense for me as well. I might try a little of both.


--------------------
*Not a therapist - Do not take advice from me

Be nice. You are loved. You deserve happiness. You are not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: JoeTherapist] * 1
    #29679937 -

Yeah man see what works for you :rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Pastywhyte] * 6
    #29679984 -

The wild cubes. Some aborts from being over wet, but otherwise looking good.





--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Scemilope] * 2
    #29679991 -

:muldershroom:

Nice man some first fruits of the comp :rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Rasmodius] * 3
    #29680189 -

Rasmodius said:

we have liftoff




Things are moving along. It looks like my ochra and JMF pints are duds so far. But the GT is cookin and everything else is fine. Thankfully the small ochra took.

CW really adds some pressure, normally I'm happy to let jars take as long as they take, but with some people already fruiting I keep checkin my watch so to speak.


--------------------


.~`  𝔅 𝔞 𝔤 𝔢 𝔩  🥯  𝔅 𝔦 𝔱 𝔢 𝔰  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

🧪 Castellani Preservation | 🔬 The Slidewich | ☠️ Touchless skull sterilizer | 📸 Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Rasmodius] * 1
    #29680203 -

:seriousthumbsup:


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Cakewonder] * 6
    #29680334 -

Well my first cake is done, KSSS MS, it went quicker than most LC cakes.

Done in round pp5 350ml plastic container.



It hasn't consolidated, but it's already pinning at the top coir layer.

What's the rec? Is consolidation necessary and if so how long? If its also pinning already, its showing how it wants to fruit, so might as well just pop the lid rather than trying to roll it in coir?


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Cakewonder] * 4
    #29680339 -

Things are starting to take shape here... Let’s see if this first batch brings us some decent results.



The bar is set very high; there are exceptional warriors out there, exceptionally well-armed. So I feel a bit like I'm pulling a bow against tanks. :suicidebomber:

Either way — this afternoon it's time to rally the troops and get new warriors ready.

Hugs :heart:


--------------------
"Little shark in da bathtub"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Belintaf] * 2
    #29680344 -

Belintaf said:
Things are starting to take shape here... Let’s see if this first batch brings us some decent results.



The bar is set very high; there are exceptional warriors out there, exceptionally well-armed. So I feel a bit like I'm pulling a bow against tanks. :suicidebomber:

Either way — this afternoon it's time to rally the troops and get new warriors ready.

Hugs :heart:



Nice looking water tub.
:poast:


--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Huskies] * 1
    #29680347 -

Huskies said:
Well my first cake is done, KSSS MS, it went quicker than most LC cakes.

Done in round pp5 350ml plastic container.



It hasn't consolidated, but it's already pinning at the top coir layer.

What's the rec? Is consolidation necessary and if so how long? If its also pinning already, its showing how it wants to fruit, so might as well just pop the lid rather than trying to roll it in coir?



I jumped the gun a bit with some of mine this time. But if they're pinning already they're probably pretty close. If they seem like they really need the soak I might remove those first pins and do the normal soak/roll. I haven't done a lot of top fruiting but these I have going are doing pretty well. It's a very valid option.


--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Scemilope] * 4
    #29680350 -

Yeah all cakes I've made in the past years have been top fruited, because I was effectively using containers that double as trays. Can put them straight in a water tub as well.



I definitely want to try mounds and more classical ones rolls, but since there is effectively already a pseudocasing, that does get colonized in cake form, well, yea. Once I have more colonized from the same batches, I will do side my side comparisons, top fruiting vs coir roll vs mound, would be good data.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Huskies] * 1
    #29680375 -

Huskies said:
Well my first cake is done, KSSS MS, it went quicker than most LC cakes.

Done in round pp5 350ml plastic container.



It hasn't consolidated, but it's already pinning at the top coir layer.

What's the rec? Is consolidation necessary and if so how long? If its also pinning already, its showing how it wants to fruit, so might as well just pop the lid rather than trying to roll it in coir?



I've always understood consolidation as basically the period to make sure the mycelium finishes colonizing the inside of the cake. And I also understand that it applies when inoculating cakes using 4 outer points (without central inoculation).

I don't inoculate centrally, so I usually give them 7 days of "consolidation". 5 days for very aggressive mycelium and up to 10 days for lazier ones.

Though Mateja told me he birthed the cakes and let them finish consolidating right in the fruiting chamber itself. He also showed me cakes where they scooped out the uncolonized substrate from the center (their donuts) — and honestly, they got covered in shrooms.

If you inoculate centrally, I don't think you need to wait a week. Maybe a day or two at most for them to fuse together.

And I agree with Scemilope — at that point, it depends on the condition of the cake. If it has shrunk a lot or feels light, giving it a dunk comes in handy.

Hugs :heart:


--------------------
"Little shark in da bathtub"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 |

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: Cakes are stalling! Help! Grower 1,597 11 05/07/01 07:55 PM
by BrownPastures
* Cutting cakes in half for higher yield?
( 1 2 all )
grimio 3,164 21 10/26/05 07:24 PM
by walkclothed
* abhorts on top of cake pleezr 987 2 01/14/02 03:43 PM
by pleezr
* Fucken with the cakes 2 (pic)
( 1 2 all )
Magash 3,065 22 10/31/02 09:22 PM
by Magash
* Re: a few questions about my cakes? Anonymous 786 2 12/05/99 02:58 PM
by Anonymous
* bluing cakes - please help! Mercuria 939 1 08/19/01 02:36 PM
by Lana
* transferring cakes...ideas? chunder 802 1 08/13/02 04:53 AM
by FanaTEK
* Re: Difference between cakes and harvest.
( 1 2 3 all )
lounge lizard 6,230 42 03/25/01 07:06 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
5,789 topic views. 15 members, 104 guests and 116 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.