Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1437 | 1438 | 1439 | 1440 | 1441 | 1442 | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | 1454 | 1455 | 1456 | 1457 | | Last >
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: skrimplet]
    #29676257 -


Y'all fuck with Hiroshi Yoshimura?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: skrimplet] * 1
    #29676267 -

skrimplet said:
bluescreen said:
I do have about a dozen borosilicate guys but they're such a pain to work with :facepalm3:.



what makes the borosilicate ones hard to work with?



They're very fragile. I once dropped an entire PC'd stack of 10, and none of them survived.

They also have a large gap between the lid and base. You have to wrap them really well otherwise contams will make their way in.


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 1
    #29676277 -

PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
They're very fragile. I once dropped an entire PC'd stack of 10, and none of them survived.

They also have a large gap between the lid and base. You have to wrap them really well otherwise contams will make their way in.




They are heavy and slide around like a hockey puck if you stack them :slider:


--------------------
โ€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.โ€
โ€• Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Kloakk] * 3
    #29676285 -

I'm Canadian, that's the least of my worries


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 3
    #29676293 -

PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
I'm Canadian, that's the least of my worries



This you ๐Ÿ‘€



--------------------
โ€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.โ€
โ€• Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: bluescreen]
    #29676303 -

bluescreen said:
I knew I was running low on plates and finally placed an order- used to pay 60 bucks for a case of 500, now 110, and 4 week lead time :facepalm:. Should have ordered earlier. Got about two sleeves poured... gonna be doing more pucks than usual I think. I do have about a dozen borosilicate guys but they're such a pain to work with :facepalm3:.



autoclavable pc or pp plates are in the same ballpark


--------------------
what i've been growing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: arlo.arlo]
    #29676319 -

Huskies said:
^ sauce container cups, 3.5oz. A restaurant supply store should have em.

They are effectively sterile because they are sleeved immediately when manufactured, and I don't think molten plastic can truly harbor bacteria or mold.





Can't believe I didn't think of that. I bought a shit ton from a restaurant supply house way back and the lids were wrong, ended up pitching the lot and never trying them. Just ordered a bunch (from a different place!).

skrimplet said:
what makes the borosilicate ones hard to work with?



With plastic plates I can stack them, lift the stack, pour each one from the bottom up in no time. Glass slides around, doesn't stack for shit. Once they're wrapped it's not so bad, but pouring sucks.


arlo.arlo said:
autoclavable pc or pp plates are in the same ballpark



I thought about trying them, but I really really like the clarity of disposable plates. I probably will give them a go at some point.


--------------------

Edited by bluescreen (09/23/26 01:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: bluescreen] * 1
    #29676333 -

PC plates have the same clarity at least for a while. They'll eventually get scratched up but it takes a while to be noticeable and you can minimize/prevent it with tool choice


--------------------
what i've been growing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29676370 -

With a mix of this



--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 3
    #29676371 -



--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: kingboomer]
    #29676493 -

kingboomer said:
bloodssonnew said:
Think rye flower could be used to make pucks?




It most definitely can, I'm using rye and corn flours in mine:







Got a link to the tek u used or similar?


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 1
    #29676527 -

Glad to try and be back! I took care of some stuff in my grow room, cleaned it up a bit and redid some monotubs. Gonna reorganize it this weekend and go through the grain to see if any is worth using :p

BeefExtreme said:
AntaresWeevil said:
My current relevant confession: I stepped back from myco (no time and no energy) and I have a buuuunch of grain that's been colonized for four months or longer... probably well longer. I'm nervous to check on it lol





Good to see you!  Thanks for letting us know



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: shroom_fae] * 1
    #29676529 -

shroom_fae said:







--------------------
๐•ด๐–‹ ๐•ด ๐–๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐–˜๐–Š๐–Š๐–“ ๐–‹๐–š๐–—๐–™๐–๐–Š๐–— ๐–Ž๐–™ ๐–Ž๐–˜ ๐–‡๐–ž ๐–˜๐–™๐–†๐–“๐–‰๐–Ž๐–“๐–Œ ๐–š๐–•๐–”๐–“ ๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐–˜๐–๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰๐–Š๐–—๐–˜ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ฒ๐–Ž๐–†๐–“๐–™๐–˜
:drugnerd: TekDeck        Autist Tally :laugh:

"Mother Mycelium, I wandered in the darkness of unmarked plates and forgotten codes. Enlighten me with clarity and discipline, that every jar and dish shall bear its true name."

"Luminous Logos, I faltered in my shorthand faith. Grant me the diligence to record in full, and the foresight to recall every meaning with certainty."

-Father LewDoja

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29676533 -

bloodssonnew said:
kingboomer said:
bloodssonnew said:
Think rye flower could be used to make pucks?




It most definitely can, I'm using rye and corn flours in mine:







Got a link to the tek u used or similar?




No link, I played with a few different flours with PF Tek back in the day.  Same ratios.  I also have an experiment running now Here .  I've used the following flours:
Rye
Wheat
Millet
Wbs
Masa
Corn
Brf
All these either bought as flour or ground and sieved myself.


-Kingboomer


P.S. the experiment I'm running uses ground hemp hurd, the recipe for that is in my signature.


Edit:
I've also used the original supercake formula but don't recommend it due to the insane cost.


--------------------


I'm just a clown dancing to the sins of mankind.

-Captain Spaulding

Back in business
Cake wars III

Edited by kingboomer (09/23/26 06:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: kingboomer] * 8
    #29676873 -

Hello friends

my confession is i feel like a shitty wife because im not literally perfect lmfao anybody else carry around a bindle of guilt and shame everywhere they go? childhood trauma vent thread? lmfao


--------------------
idrk how I got here or what I'm here for but I  keep waking up with this biological urge to not dieโœจ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: skrimplet] * 6
    #29676904 -

Not a single living human has ever been able to reach their full potential.  This is an imperfect world, and we are but products of our environment.  But you shouldnโ€™t let that get you down; after all, imperfections are what give gemstones their value. :wink:


--------------------
O son of Kunti, I am the taste of water, the light of the sun and the moon, the syllable om in the Vedic mantras; I am the sound in ether and ability in man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: yoosername] * 2
    #29676906 -

If someone says they perfect go far far away from them in my humble opinion ๐Ÿ’€


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: skrimplet]
    #29676928 -



Hugs :heart:


--------------------
"Little shark in da bathtub"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: skrimplet] * 6
    #29676933 -

skrimplet said:
Hello friends

my confession is i feel like a shitty wife because im not literally perfect lmfao anybody else carry around a bindle of guilt and shame everywhere they go? childhood trauma vent thread? lmfao



Well to compensate for that, your partner isn't perfect either. Turns out we're all just hairy grumpy monkeys dreaming of being a Disney princess. Or some dumb action figure with muscular ears. Because you're (likely) a woman, society dictates you should want to be a princess.

Be pretty, have a soft voice, waist the size of a fist, be modest. And if you don't know what to do, you just dance with the birds because princesses don't have jobs.

Then someone farts and we all realize we're just filthy caged monkeys. It's all good. None of the perfect images you see are real. None of the crap about 'perfect wives' or 'real men' or whatever bs, actually describes us. Only cats are perfect.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 4
    #29676953 -

Churpee Choozle said:
None of the perfect images you see are real. None of the crap about 'perfect wives' or 'real men' or whatever bs, actually describes us. Only cats are perfect.



Amen on the first part but speak for yourself on the second, that nerd brought a goddamn live bird into my office on tuesday and lost it. Now I have to go under all the furniture making sure I'm not gonna smell a corpse in a week.

:starecat:


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1437 | 1438 | 1439 | 1440 | 1441 | 1442 | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | 1454 | 1455 | 1456 | 1457 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* New cultivator, have a question Erasmusluclin 1,062 16 06/26/04 08:49 PM
by Erasmusluclin
* I've cultivated... zetek 900 6 12/11/24 07:54 PM
by fahtster
* Medical tyvek vs. Wall wrapping tyvek - Properties discussion wise_gardener 3,244 13 05/13/12 03:31 PM
by Nettle Foxcelot
* URGENT! Need medical/legal advice
( 1 2 all )
dr_skipper 5,084 25 05/17/08 05:57 AM
by Anno
* Re: The Mushroom Cultivator is a must read for any mushroom enthusiast Anonymous 1,798 7 01/22/00 07:12 PM
by sean123
* Ode to Mushroom Cultivation *DELETED* phrozendata 1,258 6 04/29/02 06:35 PM
by dalorean
* I need to know more about Mushroom Cultivators lung navyseals101 3,675 10 10/15/09 11:41 AM
by blujay
* cultivation psylocybe cyanescens
( 1 2 all )
TelperionMoon 5,360 24 04/08/06 01:13 AM
by ssjwizard

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
459,372 topic views. 8 members, 47 guests and 150 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.048 seconds spending 0.027 seconds on 18 queries.