Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesplifferd
Question about contaim, and karo and water jars.
    #2963695 - 08/04/04 10:09 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

My casings were left for two days with air,light, and humitdity on a timer. When I came home they were doing well. There were many strands of white mycelium standing up. I fanned it out turned off the heater, because it was about 80 in there and stoped the ultrasonic fogger because I thought they needed to dry out a little. Well I also had a popcorn casing that was in the incubator. I put it in with my other casings. When I got home I looked at the side of the popcorn casing by pulling back the foil try from the side and noticed green mold. I was clued because when I put it in that morning it had circular patterns of what i thought was mycelium growing on the top of the casing soil. Well I sprayed it with hydrogen perixoide and put it in the growth chamber. about 7 hours latter I looked at it and the circular patterns had disappered. I took it out and put it outside. Well do you think the mold spread to my other casings. They have not done much for the past two days. I also presure cooked some half pint jars last night with a tablespoon of karo corn syripe in them for an hour with some other half gallon rye grain jars. The karo is clear, when I took the jars out the karo jars had turned a golden color from presurre cooking. Is this normal. I innoculated them with spore syringes this morning. I hope my casing that are in the grow chamber will be alright. I have heard they are very tough at this stage with the mycelium so full. Maybe they did not get contams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBufferOverflow
A bit short of abyte

Loc: Texas
Re: Question about contaim, and karo and water jars. [Re: splifferd]
    #2967544 - 08/05/04 10:57 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I have a pint of water with Karo that turned golden a couple of weeks ago when I pc'd it. Don't know if this is normal. Its my first time to try Karo, but the spores I dropped in it have germinated and seem to be growing without problems.

--------------------
All your mushroom are belong to us.

Offlineatomic1
enthusiast
Male

Loc: Appalachia
Re: Question about contaim, and karo and water jars. [Re: splifferd]
    #2967603 - 08/05/04 11:19 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'd say the chances of the mold spreading to your other casings are a lot smaller than the fact that mold may already be in there. Just stay clean and sterile and hope for the best. You overcooked your karo. You only need to pc your karo water for about 15-20 mins. @ 15 psi. Your karo is caramelized thats why its golden. A little isn't that bad but if you cooked it for an hour i don't know what to tell you. Just wait and see if the spores germinate. Good luck

Offlinerave_propaganda
this guy
Loc: eastcoast
Re: Question about contaim, and karo and water jars. [Re: atomic1]
    #2968187 - 08/05/04 01:54 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

im thinking about using karo in my jars as well and was just checking up on things before i give it a try. if the karo caramelized is it going to be a problem? someone mentioned pcing for a shorter amount of time, but this doesnt sound to good to me. since im in a hurry ill just use karo in a few of them and check the results.

--------------------
reality is a crutch for those who can't handle drugs

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures